It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dubai Police to use Ferrari & Camaro.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Last week they announced the purchase of 'Lamborghinis'. This week its Ferrari's and a Camaro. I guess they have the dough without a doubt. They are trying to keep up with the highest international standards. Wow almost every cop with a patrol vehicle would be feeling jealous

Following last week’s announcement of a $550,000 Lamborghini being added to the Dubai police patrol fleet, another fast and furious motor will be added to the fleet.

Ferrari sports cars will be the police’s new wheels, Dubai police head Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan said on Monday.

“Dubai is a unique city and everything in it should reflect its uniqueness and for that reason police will add a Ferrari sports car to its patrol fleet,” Khalfan said, according to local UAE news reports.

Khalfan said “Dubai Police are working on updating the police patrol cars to enhance security on the roads in accordance with highest international standards and technical developments.”

FERRARI

The Dubai Police department has added a Chevrolet Camaro to its growing fleet of high performance police cars. The Camaro SS coupe was supplied to the force by the local Chevy dealer, Al Ghandi Auto.

It may be the only police car in town (or the world, for that matter) with a red leather interior, as its original white over red color scheme has been retained under the green decals of the Dubai Police and a roof-mounted light bar.

CAMARO

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind being a cop there.

I got to spend two weeks in Dubai a few years ago, and that city is definitely all about excess and luxury.
They have a little Irish village there, and they import actual Irish people to work there.

I was fortunate enough to see an Irish folk version of All Along the Watchtower.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Aww, poor cops.

Seriously, a barber in my town is from Dubai. He is an admtted formula 1 fanatic and says his whole country is the same This thread gives credence to his claim.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow.......that is definatly excess! The cops around here are tickled pink to get a Charger. Cameros are used in multiple places in the states, that I do know. I'll share this info with some of the local Officer Friendlys when I see them, and let you know what they say.

I can already tell you not one of them would mind a Ferrari as a take home car!!!! I know I wouldn't!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why are you so surprised to hear it? It goes without saying that Dubai must have the most luxurious police, isn't it? Just take a look at their the most expensive hotels made with gold, restaurants only for the richest people in the world, limo services like this one tlt.ae... that chose only the most handsome chauffeurs and desolate beaches for the selected people. Ferrari? Camarro? It's kind of strange for us, but it's absolutely normal for them.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Car manufacturers should be ashamed for helping the police.

They sell vehicles that go fast - but in most useless countries you can't even use them at those speeds. And then they sell vehicles to who will ruin your life if you use their cars at the correct speeds they should be able to be run at. Nu-uh, not cool.

I'm not sure either if Dubai is one of those places where they don't allow women to drive at all? Which if so is also exceptionally not cool and not ok.

(post by rentacar removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wow,i'm going to visit this country next month

I'll try to take a pic of one of that muscle cars

top topics

join