It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Owners Will be Blind Sided by Boston Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Stop and think about it. They've already said that this wasn't C4. It
wasn't from a military source. The two explosions were very different
explosives. My guess is that one was an explosive from a black powder
subsitute and the other was a standard reloading powder.

After Oklahoma City, Ammonium Nitrate gradually began to disappear.
Even commercial growers don't use it much even though it is more effective
than Urea Nitrogen. Now you can't even buy Freezer Packs that contain it.
Stores don't want to deal with the surveillance issues.
Sodium Nitrate also has disappeared.

When it "suddenly" turns out that these bombs were made with reloading
supplies, it will become very difficult to get gunpowder.

This is another way to limit ammunition.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

hrmm..

Well, they'll be after salt peter and icing sugar next.

We used to make bombs with that as kids.

And they weren't little pops either. So, yeah I think it'd be a pointless exercise trying to ban black powder.

So pointless that I very much doubt I'll hear anything about it apart from on ATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

No they won't ban it, but they will make you register and limit quantities to the point
it'll hardly be worth the trouble.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hopefully this wasn't done with gunpowder or black powder, that would be ridiculous. I see no reason to ban guns that use black powder in them, my God. I've fired some of those in Boy Scouts, and they take a long time to load and set up.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

As soon as I heard them say "black gun powder", it became all too clear.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
on the news in australia I heard them say it was made with gun powder.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Looks like a staged event to me.... the image link has what I beleive to be the same woman that was the principal of the sandy hook school. She is supposed to be dead... but I digress.

Using gunpowder would make sense as it is readily available and most people that shoot a lot do reload with it. Add that to the list of materials you can't possess and bam.... Its all over. Just imagine if you had a few thousand rounds of ammo.... its a lot of powder in all that ammo.... Just saying...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Agree: You will have to register (show ID and give ph #) when you buy it and the quantities will be limited. Kind of like buying cold medicine over the counter I presume.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

So are pipe bombs...nothing new there (maybe they will restrict the sale of fireworks also).

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Chasing down anything that's combustible is a exercise in futility right up there with passing a law to regulate thermodynamics.

Which inbred moron senator will propose regulations on exothermic reactions? And will this administration happily create a federal B.E.R. agency?

Will god make it on the FBI's most wanted list now that Bin Laden is fish food?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

One of the reasons that pressure cookers were used would be to intensify the relative slow
explosion of gunpowder.

One of the explosions was quite different than the other generating significant smoke.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
hmm so if someone were to set off a "flour bomb", or other grain bomb, we would start to see restrictions on buying flour and grains?

oh crap did i just give someone a bad idea.........ooops BAD Generik

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
People are mostly dissing or ignoring this idea, but
other sites have brought it up.

This was posted as a pic on AJ's site LINK
edit on 18-4-2013 by UMayBRite! because: What the H#*&^ did I type?

edit on 18-4-2013 by UMayBRite! because: Remove extra line feeds I sware I didn't put them there! ('
')

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Affected? Yes. Blindsided? No. We totally see it coming. As it is, can't buy ammo, so what else is new.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Affected? Yes. Blindsided? No. We totally see it coming. As it is, can't buy ammo, so what else is new.

What's new? You can't reload it either.

I used the word, blindsided because it had'n't entered the discussion. The attitude seemed to be its not about
guns, its about terrorism. Its not, it IS about guns.
edit on 18-4-2013 by UMayBRite! because: just because...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

yea powder, patch & ball, ram, tamp with draw ram hammer back cap, hammer all they back aim fire and if all went well snap bang boom, or snap bang fizzle or snap no bang no boom recap... that's for a cap and ball, flint lock is one more step, well 2 steps and 2 types of powder.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
.....and there you have it!

Senator to propose bill regulating black powder in wake of Boston Massacre

Goodbye black powder, as folks begin to stock pile this now.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
~First, they (the ABC agencies) started buying up as much of the ammo supply on hand that they could. Shortages ensued. Some 2A supporters weren't too concerned because, heck, "we can make our own if we have to".

~Then the Aurora theater incident, the Oregon Mall incident, the Sikh Temple incident, the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident, and finally the Boston Marathon incident....all within about a year. So, we have an attack on Entertainment, Shopping/Commerce, Religious Institution, School/Education, and finally Sporting events. Pick your pet peeve. Surely, all these tragedies will get Gun Control bills passed. But, they didn't.

~Well, guess what now!? Have you heard this morning? The Boston bombers purchased fireworks in February and now there is a discussion ensuing in the media about how easy it is to extract dangerous powders from pyrotechnic kits and purchase black powder in gun shops.

If they can't take your guns away, they'll take the ammo. If that doesn't work, they will take your ability to load your own. 2A supporters, stay vigilant.

top topics

join