It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Bad Language Here On ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

[snip] Hopefully this will help with the issue you are having.
Aren't I sweet and helpful?

In a world where people are blowing other people up, I for one, am not overly concerned with others use of profanity nor do I think it reflects on their level of intelligence. Some of the biggest morons I know are extremely articulate, pompous and never swear or use profanity, still, they should come with a mute button at all times.
Gol darn it, I know who I am and so do those that matter in my life offline, if someone online makes a snap judgement of me, whoop dee doo, it's not like we are lovers, friends or family. Why exactly should I care?

I love me and so do those that I love, faults and all, so paint me smurfing silly and judge away. Your choice.
edit on 17-4-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well I'm ex-Navy.

And as a sailor, I'm here to tell you that my smurfing vocabulary of words you should NEVER say in church is quite........creative shall we say.

However, I do try to refrain from using it here because:

1) The TCs are very clear on this.

and

2) As I said, if I feel the need to use one, it means I most likely should not be replying because my reply is going to be a bit emotional and I'm here to talk, debate and help further ATS's motto of deny ignorance.

In other words: the internet gives the the ability to THINK about my reply before I actually do.

Now.....get me in a bar after a few beers? Oh yes, I'll most likely make a lumber jack blush with my mouth.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
At the very least, no one said Frack.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
At the very least, no one said Frack.

Yeah but battlestar is so ... uncouth.

I prefer firely and how they swear

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Sorry. I try to control myself but it just smurfing comes out sometimes.

Edit - especially when people piss me off!

edit on 16-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Well I'm ex-Navy.

And as a sailor, I'm here to tell you that my smurfing vocabulary of words you should NEVER say in church is quite........creative shall we say.

However, I do try to refrain from using it here because:

1) The TCs are very clear on this.

and

2) As I said, if I feel the need to use one, it means I most likely should not be replying because my reply is going to be a bit emotional and I'm here to talk, debate and help further ATS's motto of deny ignorance.

In other words: the internet gives the the ability to THINK about my reply before I actually do.

Now.....get me in a bar after a few beers? Oh yes, I'll most likely make a lumber jack blush with my mouth.

I am a woman, when you see @#$$$ it means I did walk away, calmed down and thought about the T & C and replied with the symbols to express my emotion, sigh, can't win. I can deny ignorance, I can't deny I'm human and might be on the fiesty side.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

Did I miss something? Because I didn't see it

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I don't know, did you?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

I am a woman, when you see @#$$$ it means I did walk away, calmed down and thought about the T & C and replied with the symbols to express my emotion, sigh, can't win. I can deny ignorance, I can't deny I'm human and might be on the fiesty side.

Nothing wrong with that,I do it all the time and I'm a dude.Sh1t happens.Sometimes the message gets buried by the words that are used.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
OP is a stupid smurf.

People smurf and moan all day about second amendment rights....but no one says smurf about our first amendment rights!

It's first for a reason. I'll say whatever the smurf I want.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is an ass.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Now i feel like i have to apologize to Des. ([snip].)

Sorry, u didn't piss me off it was an example. Can i please have some cookies and milk?
edit on 17-4-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Once upon a time there was a Smurfette ...

Personal Disclosure: And then SNL got hold of her ...

I could get very emoticonical right now (wipes tear from eye and sniffs).

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

There is something smurfing wrong with ewe!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
didn't realise the language police patrolled ATS as well, GRREEAAATTTT

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This calls for a clip

... yes I'm bored and I can't sleep

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Frankly illiterate posts bother me a whole lot more than those with some potty language in them -- in no small part because one often can't tell what the smurf someone is trying to say when their spelling, syntax and grammar are all for smurf.

Moreover, if someone is using various punctuation marks and other symbols in lieu of letters, then it takes on a humorous quality.

Gratuitous swearing never impresses me, but well-chosen expletive deletives can. I've never bought the claim that some level of swearing undercuts one's rhetoric. Swear words are words like any other, and all languages -- as far as I know -- have swear words or curse words because there is a communicative need for them.

Now if you are talking about people throwing swear words at each other, then that becomes an ad hominem attack, which doesn't help one's rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The over use of swear words cause said words to become less effective in their meaning/context.
Plus, I think swearing a lot is ugly, especially with woman. I want a trucker mouth in the bed room, not on the street, so to speak.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
For the most part I avoid "smurfy" language....lol...was a funny joke in our family coming up with alternative words we someone wanted to cuss....

Now when it comes to a Co. like Monsanto, I could say they're evil, sinister, morally corrupt, scurge of the World.....but sometimes nothing quite fits as well as they are "Smurfing Bastards ! "

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

One of my favorites is "filth". Such a powerful word, isn't it? Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join