It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America now in full self-destruct mode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How can a country victimize itself over and over, does it nor its people have a conscience & morale?

And how can its people play along with it for so long now, at least 12 years and going?

Aside from internationally, I'm talking about its own economy, it's own resources, environment, it's own food, water, and its own people!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

How can a country victimize itself over and over, does it nor its people have a conscience & morale?

And how can its people play along with it for so long now, at least 12 years and going?

Aside from internationally, I'm talking about its own economy, it's own resources, environment, it's own food, water, and its own people!

As the past generations did nothing to rectify any situation that was layden before I arrived on this dust ball. Well actually it's just that.... Bazinga~

The way I have seen the populace falling, seems like most American's are busy trying to survive and make due out of the worst situation possible. And most are pre-occupied trying to survive that nothing get done.

It's only a matter of time until SHTF~

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Thank god you weak minded pessimists are not running this country with that defeatist attitude.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

You are right, a lot of us are just trying to make it in this crazy world. We don't have time to pander our efforts into sensationalist fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Its called " Keeping the dream alive"

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

^_^ Thanks Turk, I didn't know if I was about to get blasted for that comment.

With the way Taxation and Inflation has been occuring I have seen more families start coming together just to survive. It's very hard to survive on 1 paycheck let alone 2 paychecks, they are making near impossible to do anything.

On the opposite I have seen families torn apart because of lack of work and "Made Men" go broke now to be pushing burgers at the local fast food chain...

This world is seriously screwie~

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Why should you be slammed, your view is accurate and shared by those who are givers, the takers are quite happy to see the tidy bowl flush of America the Once Great. I am a proud American who is deeply saddend by our current state of events. I purpose that the continuing rise of the liberal left, the socializing of American we are on a sprial down, if not corrected by the mid term elections and the next presidential race the country will be gone as all of us 50's and 60's babies have known. We spend money like drunken sailors, both parties screw the middle class and keep the poor stupid and uneducated.
Our moral decline has given way to all the great carnage, be it a rise in abortion, slayings like newtown, columbine, the pain killers for profit all of the rules we once lived by have been deemed by the ACLU to be anti someone, or offends someone.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

It is because WE do Not operate as a Collective anymore.

No One cares about what goes on in the countray anymore. WE the people have been Bled Damn Near the Death and just don't have the energy to object to how things are being run.

And ya know it is really to bad that we lost the pride that OUR forefathers founded this country on.

Incedentally the Dream is Not Over. WE just have to play by a new set of rules.

Well, like they say,. .. An organized civilization will last about 200 years. Which means that since 1976 we have been running on "Barrowed Time".

Eventually it will ALL come to an end.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm not just trying to make it in this crazy world, I'm trying to keep enjoying the crazy world. If tshtf, I will find a way to make it interesting and keep up my attitude.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic

I can assure you, that I, as an American citizen for my entire 44 years, and military wife for 22 years, do not condone the actions of the FEw that commit these heinous crimes.

How can you stereotype an entire nation full of people for the actions of ONE person? The US is very open with their media and unlike some other countries we air our dirty laundry.

We also have a large population of immigrants from OTHER countries (perhaps yours?). You must also remember we are a FREE society and are largely free to do as we choose (within the boundaries of our constitution). MOST Americans are good , moral, hard working people. You just don't hear about those, those stories are boring. Every nation loves to hear about the horrible things happening in our country. Just as you love to hear the horrible things happening in your neighbor's yard because it takes the focus off of your own.

I lived in germany from 1989-1996. During that time there were all sorts of terrorist activities in clubs, bars, etc and we were alerted regularly by the embassy of when we should limit our travel in germany and europe as a whole. It is everywhere. But, not every country airs their dirty laundry.

Peace...because we are not all bad...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As George Carlin once said "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you'd need to be asleep to believe it."

That is all.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

This is not news. And this is not only happening in the USA.

Could you guys start to acknowledge that there are a few billion people besides you on this planet?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Blaming past generations or attacking those who see today for what it is, won't do a thing. This isn't fear mongering; it is expressing one's concerns about... the obvious.

The obvious - .a world that had defeated some of mankind's worst scourges but that then succumbed to surrendering our lives to a designer concept of fear.

The obvious - the daily scenes of a nation once so alive and driving into a future where the eradication of all of those fears and sufferings was a goal that we knew we could achieve, that has now given up and based its existence on a threadbare form of hope that was never intended to do a thing except hold us in place.

We could stand here all day and swear that our lives have been stolen from us but while doing nothing to reclaim a single inch.

It wouldn't take a moment of violence or a single drop of blood to regain what has been lost. All we really need to do is get up, throw away our shallow political polarizations and unite in a single voice that we will not withdraw another step... we will not surrender our rights for some limited, perceived safety, falling back into the bosom of those who would have us cringing in their very shadows.

Of course, none of this will happen. We've already lost... because we gave up before we ever began to fight back.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by tropic

This is not news. And this is not only happening in the USA.

Could you guys start to acknowledge that there are a few billion people besides you on this planet?

I wish non-americans would get it through their narcissistic, self absorbed heads that America is fed up with the rest of the world. We don't like you, but nor do we outright hate you. What we do hate is how foreigners try to influence America in order to influence the world. A country is what it is because of it's people. What people like you are after is the subjugation and enslavement of the American people to suite your own ends. It will only lead to a state of affairs where Americans will start to outright hate non-Americans(I think it is more simmering then anything else atm).

Do you honestly think that if America wasn't being invaded by millions upon millions of unwanted immigrants and refuges(legal or not), that Americans would tolerate the wholesale slaughter of certain people in other countries? By doing what your doing now, your enabling the exploitation that is going on as you serve as a reminder of the type of person that is being bombed into the stone age. Think about it this way, before the mass invasion from hispanic nations, the idea of the CIA funding terrorist groups/ militia's caused a very big stir. Flash forward almost 30 years and 60 million unwanted immigrants(legal or not) later and people don't care about foreigners at all. We have to deal with and have our living standard constantly reduced because of foreigners in our own country we don't like, let alone in some foreign p(** hole we don't like either.

My words may be a bit unpolished, and most certainly not acceptable to the social engineers, but it is the honest truth why many Americans are ever increasingly not caring anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Maybe you should complain to your own American Immigration Department then-except for the illegal Mexicans crossing your borders,the rest of the "invaders" were LET IN-BY YOUR OWN ELECTED.AMERICAN.GOVERNMENT.Your nation is a melting pot of "invaders"-unless you're Native American,in which case i guess i can't blame you for your rant.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Just keep in mind the these weak minded defeatists as you call them are NOT the ones that created this problem. Its you never take no for an answer types that are the culprits here.

new topics

top topics

join