It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police still investigating E. Oregon bomb blast, 2 victims in critical condition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Police still investigating E. Oregon bomb blast, 2 victims in critical condition
www.ktvb.com...

I saw this yesterday but decided to wait because of the Marathon Bombing. What were these guys up to? Just a couple of dummies playing around or were they planning something?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Wanna bet they were just a couple of rednecks playing with homemade boom booms?
When I was growing up my friends dad reloaded shotgun shells for fun and profit. He had TWO 55 gallon barrels of gunpowder. I can't tell you how much gunpowder we stole to go blow stuff up with in the fields around home. If it was today we would both be in Guantanamo.

We never meant harm it was just fun ( :

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
www.ktvb.com...

I saw this yesterday but decided to wait because of the Marathon Bombing. What were these guys up to? Just a couple of dummies playing around or were they planning something?

I live in downtown Seattle; and a few minutes ago I turned on the local noon news and there was a bomb scare 4 blocks from where I live.

Someone had left a backpack on the sidewalk; they brought in a police robot to probe into the back pack to check for explosives; after the robot probed; and found none a policeman then approached the backpack and found inside a hair dryer.

After the Boston explosions yesterday...I say it is better to be safe and extremely cautious.

Then I read today about the bombing in Oregon...it is all so overwhelming and very alarming.

Quote from this article: www.kgw.com...

"BOMB MAKING MATERIALS

Police say the two men live together in Ontario, and when officers obtained a warrant and checked their home on the 1200 block of Southwest Third Avenue, they found bomb-making materials and bomb-making instructions.

Police evacuated nearby homes during the investigation, which took until 2:30 a.m."

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow, just wow, what were they thinking? These were not kids and obviously had some method to their madness (fishing with explosives?, highly doubtful), kinda makes you wonder why this was not picked up and either connected or reported as the craziness does not just live in Boston. If I were American, I would be afraid, very afraid. These men were 59 and 60 years old no word from neighbors on their character except that they kept to themselves or why they would take not 1, but 3 devices and 1 not detonated to a reservoir and set them off?

Ontario Police Chief Mark Alexander says the men, ages 59 and 60, received "life-threatening and disfiguring" injuries in the blast. Authorities say a dog also received injuries.

I feel for the dog here, not the 2 injured, life threatening, disfiguring, good!

Malheur County Sheriff Brian Wolfe said the Nampa Bomb Squad found several blast sites and one undetonated explosive about three-miles north of the Bully Creek Reservoir in an unpopulated desert area. Wolfe said at least three bombs had been detonated. "I can tell you they were home-made devices," Wolfe said. "There appeared to be two or three types, and obviously very destructive."

What is going on??? I guess you need to know when your own backyard needs some weed pulling or some roundup applied.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A carefully orchestrated series designed to make americans reach new heights of fear....then theyll drop the hammer on you...stand fast!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sounds like the war on terrorism is coming home.

My big question, are these home grown terrorist or the other kind?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It really makes a person start to wonder how safe it really is to go out to large gatherings these days. The odds are that nothing will happen to most people, most of the time.

I sure hope we don't hear of any more of these events happening. No matter what the cause is of these events and with this second one happening only 1 day after the first, it makes a person step back and wonder how many more of these are there going to be?

My advice to people is to go ahead and stay at home or indoors, around people you KNOW and feel SAFE around. I really hope this isn't going to become a common trend in America.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Sounds like the war on terrorism is coming home.

My big question, are these home grown terrorist or the other kind?

I am just wondering if there is some sort of underground group; who has planned out these attacks; and that the people in that group are located in various locations across the U.S....but they are connected. This all of course is only speculation. Or these attacks have been done by unrelated individuals who are just plain crazy.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Is there any reason to suspect that these guys were doing anything other than simply messing around?

As someone who lives in Oregon, and knows the type of people that live out east (generally "redneck" types, not to be insulting) it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find they were just blowing stuff up for fun. It's not terribly uncommon, back in the day when I was a kid me and my friends would make all sorts of black powder explosives and what not, go out to a field and blow up milk jugs. Throw them into ponds to see a huge blast of water, etc. And that was me being a city kid. I'm sure the people out in the country, with a lot more freedom and open space would likely have a lot more time to fool around doing fun things. I realize these guys are older.. but hey, fun is fun. Not much else to do out there, I'd imagine.

I personally don't see people playing with explosives as any different than people setting off fireworks, and technically it's literally the same thing. Legally different, obviously.

Unless there is any proof these guys were planning on actually doing something nefarious I don't think there is any reason to worry.

They are evidently getting great care, one guy was flown to OHSU which is quite good. These guys might be stupid but painting them as potential terrorists seems to be a huge leap.

The only thing that bothers me about what these guys did, is having all sorts of explosives in their home, around their neighbors. The article talks about the bombs being made of plastic and/or cardboard pipe... then they say "it's not like little kids making explosives for fun" even though cardboard and plastic tubes full of explosives is exactly what kids do.
edit on 16-4-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join