It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Marathon terror attack: Bombs made from pressure cookers, shrapnel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Boston Marathon terror attack: Bombs made from pressure cookers, shrapnel

www.thedenverchannel.com

BOSTON - The two bombs that ripped through the crowds at the Boston Marathon, killing three people and wounding more than 170, were fashioned out of pressure cookers and packed with shards of metal, nails and ball bearings, a person briefed on the investigation said Tuesday.

The details on the apparently crude but deadly explosives emerged as investigators appealed to the public for amateur video and photos that might yield clues, and the chief FBI agent in Boston vowed "we will go to the ends of the Earth" to find those responsible.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So here come the ban pressure cooker remarks....This makes you think, pretty much anything can be used as a weapon. I know a lot are calling this a false flag, but in my opinion it looks to be domestic terrorism to, for real this time. If this were a false flag, what could be the motive. I did not ice we are seeing alot of footage of this event, unlike with say the shootings at sandy hook, or auraora theaters. That leads me to believe this was not a false flag.

www.thedenverchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I know I am worried everytime I use my pressure cooker just making some pinto beans. Those things could be very dangerous, let alone packed with ball bearings, nails, and I am sure some combustive materials of some kind. Very scary to see the carnage that can be done by something like a kitchen item.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Thank you for the purchase of it. It is in good intentions of you. A least they're a couple normal people here.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Previous on-going thread here-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartaocean
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Thank you for the purchase of it. It is in good intentions of you. A least they're a couple normal people here.

About 78,600,000 results (0.13 seconds)

This is what comes up when you google "boston marathon conspiracy". At least ONE result was taken off the web.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Thank you. And to think that I actually DID use the search button for like, the first time ever

File 13 boys!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I tend to jump all over these false flag attacks as of late. I admit I do not believe the OS for 911, how ever I'm not sure this is quite on the level of a false flag attack.

A pressure cooker is actually an easy to acquire, ready to use explosive vessel. It's intended to hold pressure in, how ever if it's max load is exceeded it can fail catastrophically. Putting black powder in this vessel is enough to exceed it's maximum pressure load, how ever at the same time a far superior casing than paper, cardboard, or a pipe put together in a shop.

The longer the container resists the expansion of the powder the more powerful the resulting blast will be.

If you put a pile of gunpowder on the ground and light it, it goes woof. If you used a paper or cardboard tube it goes bang, but does not produce as large of a concussive shock wave as say a steel pipe capped on both ends.

A steel pipe capped on both ends will fail sooner than a pressure cooker, and you have to assemble it just right so one of the caps doesn't just blow off. I know this is sort of a weird spin on things, but it's a very effective means of building an explosive device and you can find old steel pressure cookers in thrift shops for a few bucks. You can buy black powder or smokeless powder at many fire arms dealers/sporting goods stores, and if you wanted to increase your bang you could use ANFO which is really not that hard to make, or acquire the quantities to fill a few pressure cookers.

Another interesting property to this format is the lid would most likely fail first, making it more a rudimentary directional claymore mine. Enough delay is provided to allow efficient detonation of the explosive, and releasing devastating results.

Disgusting in all regards, but definitely not complicated in any regard. I'm still waiting to hear about how the devices were set off.

I'm still not convinced this is a false flag attack. I do not see where additional rights will be infringed. If they start to talk about eliminating to right to public assembly, or additional attacks spring up in the next few days resulting in a state of emergency. I don't see it.

This was a charity event, there were runners from all over north america, and outside north america as well.

It stinks of home grown, and I'm really curious to see who is responsible.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Please add to the ongoing threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join