It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticing a bad trend on ATS, it's sad...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Let me just say this before I come home and post.

Use your critical thinking skills here people god give me a break. I've been participating on ATS for years and let me tell you something, the majority of the older and more respected members on this forum appreciate well thought out and articulate theories that are backed with a lot of cold hard facts.

Saying the in against ATS is a straw man arguement especially if you've even taken the time to investigate any of my threads

I will expound on this by answering individually later.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Precisely.

Still dont get what right someone has to tell others on here what to think ....................
edit on 16-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Can please provide more information on what you when you say tell others what to think. Because what your saying doesn't apply to me. I'm not telling anyone what to think I'm simply suggesting we take a less aggressive approach.

How could I tell someone what to think?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you guys haven't noticed the ideas we spread here and in the conspiracy community are starting to influence popular culture.

We need to hold ourselves to a higher level of accountablility and make sure we're spreading the right ideas otherwise our movement will die, it will become a trend.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I was referring to the Op. It was not directly at you. I was just agreeing with what you said about the credibility of conspiracy theorists.

edit on 16-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What bugs me the most is when people answer "well, ATS is a conspiracy site".

It's rare I get involved in conspiracy discussion, usually because the ideas put forward are ludicrous at best, and when people get stuck on one line of thought it is hard to convince them otherwise.

When people start making conspiracies out of tragedies such as the recent events in Boston it actually angers me, not because I don't think there could be a conspiracy, but the fact that within 5 minutes of the first limb being blown off, wild accusations are thrown about without any compassion.

ATS has evolved into more than just a conspiracy site, it is an informative, interesting and great discussion site on astronomy, sciences, current events...and yes...conspiracies...but common sense and decency can lack sometimes.

Thankfully the staff tend to do a good job.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Let me just say this before I come home and post.

Use your critical thinking skills here people god give me a break. I've been participating on ATS for years and let me tell you something, the majority of the older and more respected members on this forum appreciate well thought out and articulate theories that are backed with a lot of cold hard facts.

Saying the in against ATS is a straw man arguement especially if you've even taken the time to investigate any of my threads

I think you made a typo in that last phrase, I can't figure out what you meant.

But if you are trying to say that the quality of the conspiracy theories has gone down, as the quantity has gone up,
okay, that makes sense.
It is a well recognized fact that especially in the last few years the USA has become increasingly fearful of threat coming from within- the fear that we once projected outside on others(right after 9/11) is beginning to turn inwards, as everyone starts to look at other americans suspiciously. That is the way the process works. That is the real power of terrorism.

But seriously, you find a lot less of it on other types of sites! I go to other forums too, and though people are talking about the events, there is much less wild speculating on conspiracies going on.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
What bugs me the most is when people answer "well, ATS is a conspiracy site".

It's rare I get involved in conspiracy discussion, usually because the ideas put forward are ludicrous at best, and when people get stuck on one line of thought it is hard to convince them otherwise.

When people start making conspiracies out of tragedies such as the recent events in Boston it actually angers me, not because I don't think there could be a conspiracy, but the fact that within 5 minutes of the first limb being blown off, wild accusations are thrown about without any compassion.

ATS has evolved into more than just a conspiracy site, it is an informative, interesting and great discussion site on astronomy, sciences, current events...and yes...conspiracies...but common sense and decency can lack sometimes.

Thankfully the staff tend to do a good job.

Whilst I concur with your sentiments and I feel we really are not in a position to speculate given the lack of information available to date. A quick Google of Conspiracy Theory Websites and on the first page? Above Top Secret.

So, regardless of what we may think, it is a 'Conspiracy Theory site'.

Therefore, we have to expect certain threads to be created. It's down to individuals to make of them, what they will.
edit on 16/4/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah i agree narco. I didnt mean to be an anti thread but i wanted to just put it out there that we should take a more careful approach.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yeah, but isn't this a website to discuss alternative views? Everybody are entitled to an opinion, wether we agree with it or not.

I agree 100%. I do personally enjoy to read more articulate opinions, although im a culprit of not doing that myself.

Practice what i preach. Even as such what i meant still stand imo.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

This is what im getting at Disraeli,

How there be 20 different conspiracy theories for 1 event 10 minutes after the event happens.

Lets take a step back and see how things unfold and then start seeing where the information leads us rather then making something out of nothing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

But if you are trying to say that the quality of the conspiracy theories has gone down, as the quantity has gone up, okay, that makes sense.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out.

I was posting from my iphone earlier.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Well said woog.

Just because its a conspiracy website doesnt mean its everything goes. I like to have to actually think and research things, and like you said science, astronomy, current events.

The term conspiracy itself doesnt encompass any nutters random ideas. The true movement most of us are apart of is much deeper then just alternative thinking. Its a way of life, its living the truth and spreading the truth virally and deny people who deny the truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
As many others have said it's a conspiracy website. You're bound to find a lot of irrational people on this site.

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yes CC
thats the problem, the OP would have us believe none of the proven conspiracie ever happened

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know…

www.infowars.com...

"one time bitten, bury your head in the sand"
And here's an excellent example of one those irrational people. Way to exhibit the same behavior the OP is addressing.

Originally posted by g146541

Sorry as we thought you had got the memo..
But ATS is a conspiracy website and some of what folks do is bounce ideas off of each other and attempt to find common ground.
Debate is healthy, amirite?
Now get back under the rock.
And here's another. Debating is healthy, but your (as well as others) knee jerk reactions aren't. Saying "false flag" to every tragedy that happens isn't debate, nor is it very healthy for that matter. Maybe you should take your own advice.

edit on 16-4-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more with the OP.
It's become knee jerk "false flag" every time anything happens.
Strap on the critical thinking helmets and make out a solid argument.
The false flag hysteria needs to be reeled in just a notch - ya know, where someone actually thinks and makes a solid argument with some supporting evidence before they yell FALSE FLAG!!

Is this a conspiracy site or the false flag version of marco polo?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
so you advocate the beating of women?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
do you advocate bombing them too if they get uppity?

somehow I don't think your opinion is worth much

Originally posted by technical difficulties
As many others have said it's a conspiracy website. You're bound to find a lot of irrational people on this site.

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yes CC
thats the problem, the OP would have us believe none of the proven conspiracie ever happened

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know…

www.infowars.com...

"one time bitten, bury your head in the sand"
And here's an excellent example of one those irrational people. Way to exhibit the same behavior the OP is addressing.

Originally posted by g146541

Sorry as we thought you had got the memo..
But ATS is a conspiracy website and some of what folks do is bounce ideas off of each other and attempt to find common ground.
Debate is healthy, amirite?
Now get back under the rock.
And here's another. Debating is healthy, but your (as well as others) knee jerk reactions aren't. Saying "false flag" to every tragedy that happens isn't debate, nor is it very healthy for that matter. Maybe you should take your own advice.

edit on 16-4-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

you are pretty quick with the insult
whilst providing nothing your self
thats the downfall of this site
dearie

edit on 16-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

somew of us irrational people post references and stuff
what have you got?
nothin but substance free drivel
wow
thats a lot of stars you got there

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Some people of all industries are so evil, and some corrupt, that they would blow trashcans all day to watch you suffer, rather then to just get it over quickly.

Call it false flag- call it evil spammingcall it terrorism-doesnt matter- theres always a reason for it to have happened. That in itself is what creates the conspiracy. You must however- wait for the govts reaction to it before you can draw any conclusions to base your theory off of.

Otherwise- you just look like an ass.

Conspiracies come from inconsistancies in theories that dont get addressed. People who point out these inconcistancies- are the true heros of this nation. Otherwise- nothing would ever get answered.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A day ago the only threads were world wear 3 north korea threads.

Today predominately its about marathon.

When that little flavor sours it will be something else, back to north korea.

It is crazy to want to put brakes on the machine, because then it becomes censored.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

When the title of the thread is ridiculous, I usually won't even bother reading it. I guess anyone has the right to believe what they want, but you also have the right not to click on it and read it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well said OP! I personally am getting sick of the immediate reaction to call everything a false flag. Really? Can't people do more thinking beyond that and stop going straight to calling things a false flag as an excuse to not critically think about other possibilities and options. Seriously very annoying, not freaking everything is a false flag.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join