It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticing a bad trend on ATS, it's sad...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I notice after an event there is an almost robotic response from everyone on ATS. False flag, government psyop, and a plethora of threads relating to whatever happened. Now, I have even guilty of this in the past so in not excusing my own behavior.

We don't have enough information collectively to accuse the government t of a false flag and probably won't untill we see how the situation is handled. So lets put that to rest untill we have enough information collectively to really assess what's going on.

Now, we need to sit back as stop going for stars and Gmas and realize the ravity I the situation here.

People were hurt. A lot of them. This also wasn't the only situation that happened today. Others happened across the globe as well. People were killed and hurt there as well.

A bomb went off on us soil. This isn't good. Things are getting worse and there is more to this then stars and flags people. Get it together.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
And with the slew of threads invariably come the slew of anti-threads that criticize the threads. And then will come the poster who devalues the anti-threads.

Not much we can do. It's the nature of the beast.
edit on 16-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah, but isn't this a website to discuss alternative views?

Everybody are entitled to an opinion, wether we agree with it or not. I haven't seen any posts trolling and rejoicing in what has happened, just some people trying to make some sense of it all.

It's all just assumption currently, because as you rightly said, not enough information has been given. Maybe that's because the F.B.I genuinely do not have much information to share publicly or maybe it's because in doing so, it would effect their investigation.

When events like this occur, you are always going to find people who visit ATs or other alternative sites are going to come up with thier own conclusions to what actually went down. It's the nature of the beast, is it not?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Thank you for voicing what I think a number of people feel. In this case, it doesn't even make logical sense. It's a horrible thing that happened in Boston, no question to that fact. At the same time, Government/Nation-State level bad?
As you say, something more than the instant knee jerk reaction is really needed.

I was up at my college when it happened and while not posting here, I had ATS up on a monitor, helping a couple faculty and students track what was happening. I was almost ashamed and *DID* literally apologize for the fact they were reading accusations against the United States Government within 10 minutes of it happening. 10 minutes for God's sake.

I don't think some give any thought or even care either way how NUTTY and outright paranoid to the point of illness that looks to people who don't live in this culture, for lack of a better word. It insures folks who aren't that die hard? Leave....and those who are tend to be all that replaces them. Nothing we can really do but say something either. It's an overall trend here...not the problem of any individuals a mod could be called about, even if that were appropriate.

Self control and self-moderation would be the ticket until something...anything at all... might suggest a reason to think that direction. Just my thoughts and thanks for the OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I agree with you completely....it's sometimes easier for people to jump to conclusions or call a false flag regardless of the circumstances because that justifies their thinking...this is a conspiracy site so I expect people act accordingly.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I agree, it's just how it is.

My heart goes out to the people that died and also those still critical in hospital.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's becoming a knee-jerk reaction.
The basic premise is; the world is full of umpteen million people, and none of them are capable of commttting any evil action except the American government.
Which seems implausible, given the history of the world.

The foreign enemies of America must really love the "false flag" theory, because it means they can do anything they like towards America, and not get blamed.

edit on 16-4-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I do understand what you are saying. However...this is a conspiracy website and people are going to speculate what may or may not have happened. People are upset and stressed out...and creating theories of what might have happened is their way of coping.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by restless genius
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I agree, it's just how it is.

My heart goes out to the people that died and also those still critical in hospital.

Yes, it is sad and I've been feeling uneasy about it since I heard the news.

BUT, I was pointing out that it's just as silly to criticize the onslaught of cloned threads and types of responses we will see...because there will be at least a half-dozen clones of this very thread coming up as well. Kind of ironic, don't you think?

edit on 16-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
An interesting note on this topic.

There is never enough proof for any conspiracy otherwise it would become a fact and not a conspiracy.

Fake moon landing, not enough conclusive proof.
9/11, not enough conclusive proof.
Chemtrails, not enough conclusive proof.
NWO, not enough conclusive proof.

See a pattern?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

i like the ones that start. someone will post example NK has nukes. Then someone will make a brand new thread saying " Could it be true NK has nukes???"

'

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I agree with you......but look back in the message archives here. I was in the 05/06/07 years recently reading another members long term history as they'd asked me to see a few things and before I knew it, hourshad passed and I'd really enjoyed myself in reading threads from what seemed another era here.

There was a time, and it's a CLEAR difference, not one of those "..and back in my day! " nonsense statements, where ATS really was considerably different and a cut apart from the other sites on the net which handle similar material. ATS still IS different.....but each day, those differences that matter most seem to fade just a bit more. Like a candle fading in the night sometimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Sorry as we thought you had got the memo..
But ATS is a conspiracy website and some of what folks do is bounce ideas off of each other and attempt to find common ground.
Debate is healthy, amirite?
Now get back under the rock.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Maybe if the government and politicians werent so hellbent on trampling every liberty and bombing every village across the globe folks wouldnt be so quick to treat every "drag out the POTUS for a photo-op" event with such suspicion.

The police state reaction nation wide to this whole thing is absurd and ridiculous.

A pip bomb blew in a trashcan in Boston! Quick lockdown Penn station in NYC and LAX 3,000 miles away! We're all gonna die!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I definately agree with what your saying. However, as this site brings voice to all threaders. You can't prevent them from posting and as such requires the astute mind to clear the smoke and gather your own thoughts on any said subject.

I do agree reading the same rhetorical posts are becoming very mundane to say the least.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

OP? Simply post rational, reasoned points.

Point out where the evidence lays. Point out supposition. Point out speculation

ATS is what we post.

Stay rational and ATS will follow suit.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think it's domestic terrorism. Patriot Day. Tax day. Makes sense.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
]The only thread i clicked in the newest flag section today is this one.

Operation Smile. Young girl see's her cleft lip surgury results, the first time...,

Don't need to see the other treads about the bombing, untill i see more info on the event in the near future.
And don't fell like getting in to the dicussion as i havn't got a clear picture yet, and don't want others speculation to blur my mind.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Thing is though, it is in our nature to assume the worst. This is a conspiracy site after all and we are one of the few who even know what a false flag is. Most average people don't. And just the fact that we know makes us more privy to scream it when tragedies like this happen.

Personally, I think this has lone wolf amateur unabomber type person written all over it. But the conspiracy theorist in me wants to say its a false flag even though my instincts say its not.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

While I understand your concern with the general trend on this site for people to jump to conclusions and speculate with little to no proof, it is a way to open dialogue. I try to use it as an opportunity to bring in the other perspective.

Personally I think that the bombing is pretty straight forward; which is not to say that the U.S. government won't take full advantage of this tragedy to gain more power. That will almost certainly occur, and when it does it is very tempting to connect those dots and say that the State instigated the whole scenario because the behavior from the government is predictable. There are many, many people here who believe that paradigm--that the U.S. government plans and enacts all of these attacks upons its own citizens in order to make power grabs.

While I personally believe that this is possible, proof of the matter is another thing entirely, and so far I see no evidence that this is the case in Boston. There are indeed such things as coincidences, and much of the evidence supporting the above mentioned conspiracy paradigm in any circumstance is subject to interpretation anyway. When nerves are raw, sometimes that interpretation borders on the hysterical, which is some of what is happening now. This devotion to this paradigm is comforting to many of the people here... As they, like all of us, try to make sense of this chaos.

I don't feel that the tragedy of the circumstance is diminished by this tendancy for rampant speculation here, and I don't know that anyone is being disrespectful, or at least, they don't mean to be. Sometimes people need for the Raw to heal over a little bit however, and it is wise to be mindful of that.
edit on 16-4-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join