It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ego hates Jesus because he taught what The Ego hates most REPENTANCE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I've never said any of that nonsense.
Maybe not in those exact words but I didn't mean to imply that you did say it in that way.
I know one thing, you will not repudiate any of it. I've asked you before to just go through it and say it's not true, and you won't, and I think it is because it is basically what you believe.

Why do you purposely lie?
I don't believe that I am.

How is that Christian behavior?
Lying isn't, but that's not what I am doing. I am saying that you do not believe in repentance, and that is a mistake to not believe in it. Repentance is actually central, according to the New Testament, for forgiveness.
You get around it by saying that the New Testament doesn't really say anything about it and only talks about a cold, calculated intellectual acknowledgement that what you did before was wrong, and that in the future you should try to avoid that. No regret, no remorse, no compunction, no sorrow or grief for what you have done.

James was pretty clear that a person who claimed to have faith but no works or fruit to go along with it has a "dead faith".
So? James was encouraging people to have works. He was presenting arguments that show the importance for people to have works. He did not set up a test to determine if someone has been 'saved' or not, by looking at how much charitable work they have done. When you bring up things like this, you are usually trying to make this back door way out for your 'once saved, always saved' theory by saying that if someone fails, it was because he wasn't really saved in the first place.
This thread is on repentance, and I am being on topic by pointing out that your theory does not take in consideration, repentance, and side steps it. It dismisses the appearance of the word "repentance" in the Bible as just a regretful mistake in translation, 22 times for "repentance" and 34 times for "repent".

edit on 18-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Maybe not in those exact words..

And not in any words slightly like them either.

Thanks for admitting you made them up and you're burning straw men.

edit on 18-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey, you still alive?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Yeah hey, where u been?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I made it perfectly clear my thoughts on devine volition, and google searches are not esoteric enough to come close to as having enough of an arsenal to debate this subject with me; why would you bring up things that make me embarassed for you. Some preacher out there selling ideas? It is not a medieval concept as understood by me nowadays (modern or adjusted reasoning keeping the past in mind). For some reason I sense desperateness and fear from you. Thanks for replying though, Id like to talk more about volition, can you do it without bringing in Biblical Scripture, I have little patience for Paul.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

For some reason I sense desperateness and fear from you.
"Desperate" is one of the key words I use to describe myself, currently.
I desperately want to know things, and why I study, but my goal is achieving normalcy, if that makes sense.
I See Paul in the New Testament as representing Christian normalcy, so try to understand what he is saying, but that search is fraught with danger, like earlier today, reading the book of Ephesians, that has been in the past purported to have been by Paul, but I don't see it as possibly being written by him, but by second generation scribes trying to duplicate him and missing.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by swan001

Yeah hey, where u been?

Same place as before...
In cold Quebec. We received records of snow and cold... Now global warmers aren't so sure about their models anymore.

But more important, what about you? It's been so long... So many things happened since.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

reply to post by swan001

Yeah hey, where u been?

Same place as before...
In cold Quebec. We received records of snow and cold... Now global warmers aren't so sure about their models anymore.

But more important, what about you? It's been so long... So many things happened since.

Ahh not so fast. They say record snow and cold is also due to global warming.

You see, they win either way.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

For some reason I sense desperateness and fear from you.
"Desperate" is one of the key words I use to describe myself, currently.
I desperately want to know things, and why I study, but my goal is achieving normalcy, if that makes sense.
I See Paul in the New Testament as representing Christian normalcy, so try to understand what he is saying, but that search is fraught with danger, like earlier today, reading the book of Ephesians, that has been in the past purported to have been by Paul, but I don't see it as possibly being written by him, but by second generation scribes trying to duplicate him and missing.

I do as well. I study to try to get a sense of myself, maybe its a grounding process as I feel so out of place and time. Any search into the unknown realms is dangerous, maddening; (I call it looking into the Abyss Yellow and surviving the glimses/ "reveal-ations" I catch and process). Its very personal, no one joins you on this journey of self discovery, except perhaps the wisdoms of others before you, Paul or Socrates etc doesnt matter because your teachers in residence are the ones you resonate with (example, if Ephesians does not ring to your personal truth it probably isnt so). I live in a contant state of self discovery, and while well worth the quest, is not the easy path. It requires much courage and fearlessness.

Regards, Veteran Human Being.
edit on 19-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Ahh not so fast. They say record snow and cold is also due to global warming.

You see, they win either way.

Is that so? Hm, they're clever.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Its very personal, no one joins you on this journey of self discovery, except perhaps the wisdoms of others before you, Paul or Socrates etc doesn't matter because your teachers in residence are the ones you resonate with (example, if Ephesians does not ring to your personal truth it probably isn't so)
I'm surrounded by them. But I don't have to discover them in my mind. I do in a way, by thinking, when I read the books in my library that I spent ridiculous amounts of time researching before buying them. It is like you say, there has to be a truth that resonates, and I do get a feeling of what the writer's spirit is about.
There are a lot of really great people in the world doing really great things, and pushing back the boundaries of ignorance, and it is out there if you can sort through the clutter, if I can use that word that I feel I am quickly wearing out.
It helps me a lot, to get grounded or centered (to use some clichés), having these biblical scholars at hand when I am thinking about a passage and what it means. The ones I mean are not alone, where they have these fantastic collaborations with sometimes hundreds of people contributing, and it pushes through all the bad ideas and picks out the good ones.
My point being, what I call responsable academia, is something I am not going to run out of as a resource, where I would ever have to resort to going out on my own or too far into my own mind, to get answers to my questions that are really just on a pragmatic level according to my own assessment of the situation that I find myself in.
edit on 20-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by jmdewey60

Its very personal, no one joins you on this journey of self discovery, except perhaps the wisdoms of others before you, Paul or Socrates etc doesn't matter because your teachers in residence are the ones you resonate with (example, if Ephesians does not ring to your personal truth it probably isn't so)

jmdewey60
I'm surrounded by them. But I don't have to discover them in my mind. I do in a way, by thinking, when I read the books in my library that I spent ridiculous amounts of time researching before buying them. It is like you say, there has to be a truth that resonates, and I do get a feeling of what the writer's spirit is about.
There are a lot of really great people in the world doing really great things, and pushing back the boundaries of ignorance, and it is out there if you can sort through the clutter, if I can use that word that I feel I am quickly wearing out.

You would be surprised at the number of people that own no libraries within their homes; but thats not a point. Its more of a 'figuring out your library that is talking to you. You think you chose it IT CHOSE YOU'. Connecting dots between what one says, the other says (authors). I have purchased books 15 years ago that now I am supposed to read; as I am ready to connect that dot. Wearing out is not an option its a priviledge as in you are on a path of self dicovery and your teachers are holding your hand. They may very well be the writers of these books.

jmdewey60
It helps me a lot, to get grounded or centered (to use some clichés), having these biblical scholars at hand when I am thinking about a passage and what it means. The ones I mean are not alone, where they have these fantastic collaborations with sometimes hundreds of people contributing, and it pushes through all the bad ideas and picks out the good ones. My point being, what I call responsable academia, is something I am not going to run out of as a resource, where I would ever have to resort to going out on my own or too far into my own mind, to get answers to my questions that are really just on a pragmatic level according to my own assessment of the situation that I find myself in.

Grounded is a cliche but what other word describes a state of grounding? "I had to magnitize my soul spirit to earth plane". I am new to scripture; but am aware there is much wisdom in the writings. There is a technique I sometimes use when 'playfully' seeking an answer. I use the bible as an Oracle (I cannot compete scholarly with the best church attendees). When in question I let it break open to whatever page it opens upon and place my right index finger upon a passage with eyes closed; for me it works in a very strange way as the answer is there. Responsable academia is there to support your efforts nothing else. You can always blind yourself in lew of. I go very far out with my mind and at times I feel I might be risking Madness, but, there is the rope bridge and not crossing it for FEAR of how the other end (if at all) is secured is not an option to give up, Id rather die trying. Of course the pragmatic view would be to continue to live to enable the pursuing of the unknown. You will never run out of resourses, because just as me you stock pile potencial information if/when needed.
edit on 20-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join