It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one into 'Curses' ????......maybe you can explain this to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Some thing weird happened to my husband and I the other day.

We had given a friend a ride to the post office and we were sitting in our truck waiting for him. My husband was driving, so naturally he was sitting with his right arm propped on the console with his hand on his chin. Me, I was in the passenger seat with my left arm propped on the console leaning over towards him.

Out of the blue, this black Lady approached our truck as she is leaving the post office. At first, we didn't pay any attention to her until her voice got louder and we could tell she was clearly upset by something. We looked around to see if she was speaking to some one near our truck but there was no one there.

She was directing her attention towards us.............my husband to be more specific.

At first, I thought maybe she thought he was staring at her, which he wasn't but with his dark sunglasses, it's hard to tell what he's looking at. Finally, as she got closer, we could see that she was agitated and bothered about something.

So I roll my window down and ask her , "Excuse me, what's the matter?" not knowing.

She proceeded to tell me that the way my husband has his hand on his chin, he is placing a curse on us and our house.

I asked her again to please explain, but she was evidently upset by what she was seeing and was almost angry like.
As she walked off, she dropped some mail so I tell her and I go to help pick it up but the glare she gave me had me stay where I was.

I have no clue what so ever what all that meant and I hate to make fun of something that some one clearly believes so deeply in.
I've tried researching on it but to no avail, only keep coming up with hand gestures and their meaning regarding 'profanity'.

She did say clear as day...curse...on us & our house.
[Or maybe her house??? Not sure....]
And we haven't the foggiest idea what religion or cult that would pertain to.

Any one here by any chance know any thing about this kind of stuff??
---Symbolism---

I would really like to know, it has me very curious as to why she was so upset towards us.

Thanks~
snarky

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow. Something similar happened to my friend. A old lady came knocking on his door and said with a smile and conviction that his car licensee plate has the first and or last numbers of her SSN# and to change it. She said she has lost a lot of money because of him.

My assumption is that she could have mental problems or just plain crazy. Wouldn't sweat it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I assure you, you and your family are not cursed. Ever heard of "power of suggestion"? It works I tell ya. So don't let some weirdo on the street suggest you are going to bring a curse into your family by your posture or how you put your hand on your chin or face. This only works when you give your power away to the suggestion.@@: Pahleeeeezzzzzz.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koreanphood
Wow. Something similar happened to my friend. A old lady came knocking on his door and said with a smile and conviction that his car licensee plate has the first and or last numbers of her SSN# and to change it. She said she has lost a lot of money because of him.

My assumption is that she could have mental problems or just plain crazy. Wouldn't sweat it.

My husband said pretty much the same thing about her being crazy, maybe not as nicely put but hey, when some one is telling you are cursed, well uh, courtesy doesn't seem to go down down as well.

It still has me wondering about it tho, why it made her so upset.
That being said, my husband could give a rats azz about it .....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I assure you, you and your family are not cursed. Ever heard of "power of suggestion"? It works I tell ya. So don't let some weirdo on the street suggest you are going to bring a curse into your family by your posture or how you put your hand on your chin or face. This only works when you give your power away to the suggestion.@@: Pahleeeeezzzzzz.

Oh I'm not worried about it, just curious.

She was adamant about it to the point of being agitated and upset due to her beliefs.
Just curious as to what beliefs, if any, do they pertain to.
Or is she just loony?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I would chalk it up to the lady being a whackadoodle and go on with life. Was it an older lady? She could have been having an Alzheimer's incident even. In her last years my Granny said all kinds of nutty things that made absolutely no sense whatsoever and it sounds like something she would have spouted off.

I did however cast a curse (in a fashion). I told my daughters that I cursed each of them to have two kids that are every bit as honery as they were! My mom put this same curse on my sister and me- and it worked!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Great minds think alike i was about to say the same thing and they just can't help saying things out of place but it makes sense to them, bless there wee hearts.

My aunt who was a Christian all her life started to call her sister bad names when she started going doo-lah-ley her son and i used to near wet ourselves laughing because it just wasn't her, i still to this day have a wee chuckle to myself when i think about it, gosh that's sounds awful!! That might be a good type of thread to start!

Any hoo i wouldn't worry one wee bit your just right to brush it of she was just a wee old lady maybe wanting to give someone the time of day but it all just came out wrong, like my wee auntie cursing, she didn't mean it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Aaaaah, some of the things they say! My Granny swore that one of the orderlies at the nursing home was an agent for the CIA that was out to assassinate the guy who re-stocked the vending machines. She completely believed it too! I hope if I get dementia when I hit my last years that I'm at least half as imaginative as she was!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think she was just nuts...

Never seen or heard of this, and nothing comes up researching it either. Did she appear as any specific nationality, or region, like Caribbean, etc.?

My first thought was maybe a voodoo thing (given skin color). But, I even checked some magic references, and not seeing it there either. (magical lore is kind of a hobby of mine).

The other culture heavily into gesture curses are the Italians, but nothing there either.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
She must be a blast at a bowling tournament. Everyone sits there, chins in their hands, looking all sorts of thwacked-out.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I would chalk it up to the lady being a whackadoodle and go on with life. Was it an older lady? She could have been having an Alzheimer's incident even. In her last years my Granny said all kinds of nutty things that made absolutely no sense whatsoever and it sounds like something she would have spouted off.

I did however cast a curse (in a fashion). I told my daughters that I cursed each of them to have two kids that are every bit as honery as they were! My mom put this same curse on my sister and me- and it worked!

Yeah, we instantly put the incident in the 'trash' bin, so to speak.
Just didn't know if any one was familiar with such claims.

Curious to know how your curse works out with your daughters!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I think she was just nuts...

Never seen or heard of this, and nothing comes up researching it either. Did she appear as any specific nationality, or region, like Caribbean, etc.?

My first thought was maybe a voodoo thing (given skin color). But, I even checked some magic references, and not seeing it there either. (magical lore is kind of a hobby of mine).

The other culture heavily into gesture curses are the Italians, but nothing there either.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

She was an older Lady, and yes, voodoo came to mind too, along with just being plain nuts!
It wouldn't have been so bad if she wasn't so irritated and annoyed with us, or rather my husband.

Due to violation of T&C, I can't repeat what he said......

[Not to her but to me.....
]

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Being from the deep south I have heard of a few things having to do with HooDoo and VooDoo.
This is more of a HooDoo hand gesture that sends power out. It is said it can send both good and bad energy depending on the intentions. It is believed by these people that the sender thinks of what they want to do to a person and then by holding the hand under the chin or jaw they collect the thought or power of the thought and then send it by the moving the hand forward and out. I don't believe it but I live where many do.

new topics

top topics

join