It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military helicopter has reportedly crashed near the North Korean border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by billy565

I dont have a problem just amused that folk are responding when they didnt read the news. Their already jumping to assumptions and not sure why.

Why would you have a problem that a helicopter went down on a " test run" with South Korea? I mean accidents happen and this applies to air transport.

Its called an ACCIDENT.
edit on 16-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

We read the news it says they still dont know why,and in the op I said "maybe shot down"

with all the threats and bs its not that far fetched
edit on 16-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Its called an ACCIDENT.

Could be an accident and it probably is an accident. With the tension with NK I think there is a possibility there is more to the story.

We'll know soon enough.

Personally I'm more concerned with the safety of the troops, making sure they're all safe and on the south side of the border.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
And now this...............................

www.bbc.co.uk...

Obama to meet South Korea's Park Geun-hye in May

All very confusing if you ask me?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

It could very well be an accident, and we shouldn't fully jump to conclusions, but given the fact is was close to the border it is suspect until facts come out. We can't assume, but it's an apt speculation.
Holding hopes on pilot/mechanical error, but need more evidence either way.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Yep, may not be an accident afterall its the military... But likely it is at this stage in the game.

My intuition tells me when NK come in they will do it with attitude. I dont feel they will knock down people here and there, dont think thats Lil Kims style. But thats just my opinion

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ugh, I don't think my brain can take this any more.

What kind of world will we wake up into tomorrow? More crazy news one after the other? Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

SEOUL, April 16 (Yonhap) -- A military helicopter crashed near an Army base north of Seoul on Tuesday, military sources said.

The number of casualties was not immediately confirmed with an investigation currently underway to also identify the exact cause of the crash, they said
t

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

(LEAD) No injuries reported in U.S. military chopper crash
CHERWON, South Korea, April 16 (Yonhap) -- A U.S. military helicopter crashed while landing at a front-line Army unit Tuesday, but all of three crew members and 13 U.S. soldiers on board escaped unscathed, police and military officials said.

Sikorsky's CH-53 transport helicopter crashed onto a military shooting range in Cherwon, 88 kilometers north of Seoul, while landing after completing a three-hour training exercise along with five other helicopters, according to military officials.

After all the American soldiers had escaped to safety, the helicopter caught fire, with most of the aircraft damaged in the blaze, they noted. The soldiers were medevacked to a hospital in Yongsan Garrison in Seoul after the incident.

An initial investigation is currently under way to determine the exact cause of the crash, authorities said.

The ill-fated chopper was participating in the South Korea-U.S. combined field training drill called Foal Eagle, amid heightened tensions with North Korea.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Now china is blaming us. We need to just get out of there.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Oy, they need to shut up. How can we be to blame. See this is proof that North Korea and China as in it togeather. China should be openly condemning them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

all of three crew members and 13 U.S. soldiers on board escaped unscathed, police and military officials said.

At least that is good news. We could use some good news.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This day is getting weirder and weirder (I'm from California). What confuses me is that there is no suspects that I wonder how the media will spin this. Let alone millions of people throughout the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
reply to post by goou111

Now china is blaming us. We need to just get out of there.

www.reuters.com...

China is not a friend of freedom. They are a fascist country that is just waiting to take over other countries. Japan and India would go first.

It is time we see the world for what it truly is and these so called friend nations like China and Pakistan need to be seen for what they truly are.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

(LEAD) No injuries reported in U.S. military chopper crash
CHERWON, South Korea, April 16 (Yonhap) -- A U.S. military helicopter crashed while landing at a front-line Army unit Tuesday, but all of three crew members and 13 U.S. soldiers on board escaped unscathed, police and military officials said.

Sikorsky's CH-53 transport helicopter crashed onto a military shooting range in Cherwon, 88 kilometers north of Seoul, while landing after completing a three-hour training exercise along with five other helicopters, according to military officials.

After all the American soldiers had escaped to safety, the helicopter caught fire, with most of the aircraft damaged in the blaze, they noted. The soldiers were medevacked to a hospital in Yongsan Garrison in Seoul after the incident.

An initial investigation is currently under way to determine the exact cause of the crash, authorities said.

The ill-fated chopper was participating in the South Korea-U.S. combined field training drill called Foal Eagle, amid heightened tensions with North Korea.

That makes it sound like it was not shot down.but still not 100%

I hope it's just an accident

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by Dianec

Oy, they need to shut up. How can we be to blame. See this is proof that North Korea and China as in it togeather. China should be openly condemning them.

Yeah but this war has been on the back burner for several decades. What's up with the military drills. I'm not on NK side at all. They are trouble but in knowing how they are, if Kerry was serious you think they would have toned down a bit on the drills to ease the flexing of muscle and had actions match words. Not to mention on their celebration day you have South Koreans pretty much mooning them at the border (laughing at them). I mean come on. We know they are a joke but if they truly want peace action speaks just as loud as words. We could have something there in no time if they show force but in the meanwhile is the provication helping? Just a tiny bit of psychological common sense if we don't want them to get even more defensive.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
What gets me is if everyone survived then they would know if they were shot down or it was just mechanical problems

So wouldnt they at least report due to mechanical problems NOT SHOT DOWN
edit on 16-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Same thing happened in 1994 where a oh-58 Oscar overshot the border NK shot it down one pilot died the other survived and was returned back to US custody within a week. It was pilot era then. The Unit was 4th of the 501st Aviation Regiment. I should know I helped refuel that Chopper that night.

The only real difference is that everyone talks about it over the internet now.

Same # different day is all I am saying.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

You hit nail on the head , its also psychological warfare

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

ty for the pic I added it to the op

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>