It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military helicopter has reportedly crashed near the North Korean border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
hi I just saw this break via a tweet sry if its been posted
Maybe shot down?

just saw this tweet

No fatalities reported among crew of 12 aboard the US UH-60 Black Hawk which crashed in #ROK near #DPRK border. #Korea
eta link sonny provided
www.theage.com.au...

US military helicopter has crashed near the North Korean border, a South Korean defence official says. There were no reported casualties.

The helicopter, identified by the Yonhap news agency as a UH-60 Black Hawk, came down in Cheolwon county, which touches on the border with North Korea, a defence ministry spokesman told AFP.

The cause of the crash was not immediately clear but the incident took place during South Korea-US joint military exercises.

Read more: www.theage.com.au...

inagist.com...[

ETA ty Beno for the pic

edit on 16-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The Helicopter in North Korean terrority can only expect trouble. DUH
edit on 16-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

A US military helicopter has crashed near the North Korean border, a South Korean defence official says. There were no reported casualties. The helicopter, identified by the Yonhap news agency as a UH-60 Black Hawk, came down in Cheolwon county, which touches on the border with North Korea, a defence ministry spokesman told AFP.

The cause of the crash was not immediately clear but the incident took place during South Korea-US joint military exercises. Yonhap quoted rescue workers as saying the 12 service personnel on board the helicopter had survived the crash, which comes at a time of heightened military tensions on the Korean peninsula.

North Korea has condemned the joint exercises as a rehearsal for invasion, and made a series of dire threats of military retaliation.

US chopper crashes near North Korea

Hope all are well.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Doesnt matter ... Its irrelevant. If you pay attention to every little military movement. This will be super boring.
The Helicopter in North Korean terrority can only expect trouble. DUH

Irrelevant.
Maybe you should go and troll in another thread.

To the OP thanks this is pretty big news if it was shot down. Or if it is on the wrong side of the border.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by goou111

A US military helicopter has crashed near the North Korean border, a South Korean defence official says. There were no reported casualties. The helicopter, identified by the Yonhap news agency as a UH-60 Black Hawk, came down in Cheolwon county, which touches on the border with North Korea, a defence ministry spokesman told AFP.

The cause of the crash was not immediately clear but the incident took place during South Korea-US joint military exercises. Yonhap quoted rescue workers as saying the 12 service personnel on board the helicopter had survived the crash, which comes at a time of heightened military tensions on the Korean peninsula.

North Korea has condemned the joint exercises as a rehearsal for invasion, and made a series of dire threats of military retaliation.

US chopper crashes near North Korea

Hope all are well.

thamks for that link I was looking for a better one
edit on 16-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
False Flag!!!!!!!

NO, Just joking.......this is not good.

I hope it wasn't due to small arms fire?...........Hmmm?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hopefully it was mechanical in nature and not something that will usher in another reason for war. I guess we will know what they are calling it soon enough.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Hopefully it was mechanical in nature and not something that will usher in another reason for war. I guess we will know what they are calling it soon enough.

If they shot it down I think that will mean war right?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Correctamondo

There is a lot of itchy trigger finger ninja's in that immediate area hey
edit on 16-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It would certainly be a catalyst I would imagine.
Right now it probably would not take much more than what has already been going on to set something off.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

Read the news. Then comment lol... seems a more thorough way of discussing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

news.sky.com...

from your link

The precise cause of the crash was not immediately clear, but the incident occurred during ongoing South Korea-US joint military exercises

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

???
???

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

What is your problem?

Looking 4 a fight?

On topic - I think too much crazy stuff is happening too close together. The Boston attack and now this.....I have a very bad feeling.

edit on 16-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

If they shot it down I think that will mean war right?

I would think so. SK will take a kick in the sack but the US will kick right back.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

news.sky.com...

Maybe the MODS should take a good hard look at your posts and determine if you are a troll. From what I have seen in this thread I would say......YES.

If you don't like the topic move on. Sorry for the rant OP.

link   
reply to post by billy565

I dont have a problem just amused that folk are responding when they didnt read the news. Their already jumping to assumptions and not sure why.

Why would you have a problem that a helicopter went down on a " test run" with South Korea? I mean accidents happen and this applies to air transport.

Its called an ACCIDENT.
edit on 16-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

link   
Well, as long as it didn't crash land on a hill named Tonkin or something, I think we'll be okay.

Thanks for the update Op.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join