It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were people told to be calm 'before' the bombs at the Boston Marathon went off? This guy says yes.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is interesting. According to one reporter who could post here 'loudspeakers' were telling people to be calm just before the bombing. This guy is asking a good question...can we confirm this from anyone who may have been there? This again let's it slip they were trying to stop something and not just being reactive.

Link

Remember we are not hearing much about the JFK library and there are reports of up to 5 devices in total with the other 3 stopped. Look at the picture from the JFK Library. It blew out the front of the building. I have not seen this on the MSM. Mechanical fire on the same day as a terror attack? What are the odds.

Link

and finally the first explosion...I am trying to find any raw video I can to capture the 'be calm' if I can.

Link

and last but not least...is New Orleans Next? These guys were pretty low and after today...

Link

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

try this.

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines. “They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.” Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him. “There was just smoke, another explosion went off,” Stevenson said. “We all started running. There were people crying.” Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs, Spotters on Roofs Before Explosions

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
One has to wonder is this another 911 ? Can not believe what our country is turning into!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I read that. I am pretty sure at this point they were aware of a threat, even though they will deny it, but it was not contained.

You can also see in that and other videos a man slowly walking on a platform on the roof just before the bombing.

Link to video

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

no doubt in my mind that they knew something was up.
now as to who it was, i have my theories, but to say so might get me put on another list.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Even after the 1st bomb went off, people were told "ITS JUST A DRILL" by loudspeaker announcement.

Someone will probably explain this occurance as those in charge of emergency management being nervous/confused or just.. human

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RunForTheHills
One has to wonder is this another 911 ? Can not believe what our country is turning into!

Our country has turned into (fill in the blank) a long time ago and I'm not even American. Now, it's all downhill from here. I hope you like rollercoasters.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thread after thread we're going to find out more that "THEY" knew about it before the incident, so it was obviously premeditated. My curiousity leads me to find out the motives of this entire thing. Well guess what, we will all find out in a few days.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

I think you got that wrong, I just watched the video of the person talking and he said at the beginning they were saying on the loud speaker that the increased security is just a drill.
edit on 15-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

/hypothetical on

I'm not sure what you would have them do exactly? If they receive a threat, they have to investigate it, but they can't just stop the Boston Marathon and evacuate the area because they think there *might be* a threat, right?

And if they announce that there was a threat, and they *are looking* for an actual bomb, people will panic and stampede each other to flee the area.

What would you do in their shoes?

/hypothetical off

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
You can also see in that and other videos a man slowly walking on a platform on the roof just before the bombing.

I don't think the video proves that.

But, you don't think curious residents would be on the roof, if they could, near the finish line of a major international sporting event?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It is my job to provoke thought and that is why it is in the general conspiracies forum and not breaking news. It could have been just people on top of the building..or maybe not?

I mean, c'mon Skep, there is no such thing as coincidence. Besides, why be on a roof at the finish line when you could have walked down 10 floors and really been there. It would be like choosing to go to the Superbowl and watch it from a concession stand? At least that is what I think.

edit on 16-4-2013 by esdad71 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

That third link has to be the second bomb given the location (further away from the finish line; where the first bomb went off). He was just passing Fairfield Street and Boylston; about 200 yards from the finish line or so.

Still....that one gives the perception of a much more powerful bomb than the first.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Because watching from the roof gives you a view of the entire raceway, and watching from the sidewalk gives you a view of the back of someones head?

Anyone who has ever lived in a multistory building has probably spent some time on their roof, especially during events like Marathons, Grand Prix, July 4th, etc.

I know I practically lived on mine during Grand Prix in Long Beach growing up.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Besides, why be on a roof at the finish line when you could have walked down 10 floors and really been there. It would be like choosing to go to the Superbowl and watch it from a concession stand?

Hardly. Did you see the street-level crowds?

When I lived in NYC, our building was on 1st Ave, on the NY Marathon route. 29 floors. Many of us were on the roof -- in fact, the landlords open the roof to residents only twice a year: the marathon, and July 4th.

I suspect if you look around for YouTube videos of older marathons, you'll see lots of people on the roof of many buildings.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by esdad71

hypothetical on / This is tough because I am seeing a sophisticated and coordinated attack so there must have been flags. If I was the mayor of Boston I would have ask NYPD to send some of their CTU guys. That is better than hoping nothing happens. and no, I would give no type of warning.../ hypo off

Go Yanks.
edit on 16-4-2013 by esdad71 because: edit

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
reply to post by tropic

I think you got that wrong, I just watched the video of the person talking and he said at the beginning they were saying on the loud speaker that the increased security is just a drill.
edit on 15-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

I used to work at a building that received bomb threats on a number of ocassions. The rule was if there was a bomb threat the building had to be evacuated and the police came in with the bomb sniffing dogs and checked the whole place out.

I remember once our director telling us to stay at our seats when we got a bomb threat, which in a way might have made sense, because they were always false. The place was never bombed. Nevertheless I stood up and said I wasn't going to risk my life so he could get better productivity. He obviously was not thinking of any of our lives, but his quota. He told me to sit back down and continue working. I reminded him of the company policy and that it was mandatory to evacuate the building. I wasn't being insubordinate, and he knew it. I thought it was a pretty scummy thing of him to do from the time he did it, down to this day.

I guess the morale of the story is, even if the threat is fake, it is not worth risking a person's life. If there was a threat made, the onlyl logical thing to do would be to evacuate. And stop the marathon.

If you disagree, please see what happened.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Maybe the cops knew something was up but were not sure and did not want to panic people. If this is the case hopefully the truth will come out.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

Except these days, there is a "threat" made for nearly every major event.

Do you stop the Superbowl if you get a bomb threat? Evacuate the stadium? Come on - that ain't gonna fly at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

they warned the people that the increase in security was just a drill not when the bomb went off

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join