It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA secretly retests 100 different drugs after testing company admits its work was all fraudulent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Raw Story

Based partly on records in the file boxes, the FDA eventually concluded that the lab’s violations were so “egregious” and of such a “pervasive nature” that studies conducted there between April 2005 and August 2009 might be worthless.

Par for the course I guess but what really chaps me is that the drugs were never named. Physicians were never notified nor were they ever taken off the market. A few drug companies were named in the article, however. Drugs range from generic Ibuprofen to Chemotherapy drugs.

And their excuse

“It is non-trivial to have to redo all this, to withdraw drugs, to alarm the public and the providers for a large range of drugs,” said Janet Woodcock, the director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. “There are consequences. To repeat the studies requires human experimentation, and that is not totally without risk.”

Whistleblower

In April 2009, Briscoe blew the whistle in a letter to the company written by his lawyer, reporting that “many of the chemists were manipulating and falsifying data.” Soon thereafter, Briscoe told the company that he had documented the misconduct. According to Stone and documents reviewed by ProPublica, Briscoe had photographic evidence that mass spec operators had switched the quality control samples between different runs; before-and-after copies of documents with the dates and other material changed; and information about a shadow computer filing system, where data from failed runs could be stored out of sight of FDA inspectors.

BTW Europe made the information public and took 6 drugs off the market.
edit on 15-4-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

Just to add, to date less than half the drugs have been retested.
edit on 15-4-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm just glad "Janet Woodcock" lives far away from me

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I remember an article of a survey of the employees at the FDA, that when asked what their job description was, a big number of them didn't have a clue.

Pity the recipients of the chemo drugs that didn't work as the label said because of corruption with tests.

Without the list, who knows what drugs are under-tested? Now all the drugs are questionable.

How many psych meds were on that list? How much confidence has the medical establishment put into those drugs which may have been faulty? Maybe Adam Lanza's drug was on that list. How many doctors get told about the way the name-brand drug changes people's health, and then they get told that the generic works the same, but the tests' books have been cooked, so they are stuck with negative results?

Hey those are just the drugs. There is a bunch of food being looked at by that same group.

The FDA is a rip off. This is the junk you read about with organized criminals. I want the list.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
I remember an article of a survey of the employees at the FDA, that when asked what their job description was, a big number of them didn't have a clue.

Pity the recipients of the chemo drugs that didn't work as the label said because of corruption with tests.

Without the list, who knows what drugs are under-tested? Now all the drugs are questionable.

How many psych meds were on that list? How much confidence has the medical establishment put into those drugs which may have been faulty? Maybe Adam Lanza's drug was on that list. How many doctors get told about the way the name-brand drug changes people's health, and then they get told that the generic works the same, but the tests' books have been cooked, so they are stuck with negative results?

Hey those are just the drugs. There is a bunch of food being looked at by that same group.

The FDA is a rip off. This is the junk you read about with organized criminals. I want the list.

The drugs were not just under tested they were fraudulent. I don't recall psychotropic drugs, only pain killers.
And the chemotherapy drugs doctors and patients relied on for life or death without information is criminal.

new topics

top topics

join