It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea issues 'ultimatum' to the South, warns of 'immediate retaliation'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

N. Korea issues 'ultimatum' to the South, warns of 'immediate retaliation'

rt.com

North Korea’s military supreme command has issued an ultimatum to South Korea demanding apologies for “all the major and minor hostile actions.” It has also threatened an immediate military response to any “insulting” action the South undertakes. DETAILS TO FOLLOW
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-4-2013 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just saw this on RT.com. Waiting for details. Is today the breaking point? I wonder what the ultimatum is. Any ideas on what they want? Someone started a thread on war starting on the 15th.

I feel really bad for the people of both North and South Korea. If this happens there will be a lot of deaths.

I will post more details as they come.

If this has already been posted mods please delete. I searched but found nothing.

rt.com

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ooooo....wonder who's going to poke the fire.....or the doughboy I guess....

I say they pull a "Braveheart" on them and walk to the line and show their arses.....

So....they want an apology which I doubt they will get, but will only immediately retaliate if OTHER insults are hurled at them? And only if South Korea does it? Interested to see if this covers all parties involved or just SK because I can't imagine any apologies are going to be forthcoming.
edit on 4/15/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Okay so it looks like they want an apology. Really?
They are warning of retaliation if they don't get an apology. Is it just me or does this sound like a kindergartener on a playground?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just another empty threat. we should be used to this by now. He is just like his old man he just screams a little louder. Everyone is feeding into the North's tantrums. Lets go already put up or shut up. How many lines in the sand is NK going to draw. I'm calling BS on this threat and tomorrows threat and the one after that.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

More barking.

That's all.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think the time has come to kick this dog, it is just looking for a meaningful way to de-escalate and we should stop being party to the empty threats- kick it and send it away with its tail between the legs. This dog has been measuring us, let us turn the tables and see if this is just posturing or if the time has come to put this animal down. Bullying can not be overcome by fear, it takes confrontation to help the bully recognize the ramifications of his actions.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

I say they pull a "Braveheart" on them and walk to the line and show their arses.....

Aaaahahaha oh please, please let that come true, I wanna see the top story on the news when I get home tomorrow a line of guys mooning the DPRK border!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It would be hilarious if the south Korean president recorded a fart on her Galaxy note and sent it to the north in response.

edit on 15-4-2013 by EA006 because: Wrong gender used

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
North Korea increasingly reminds me of the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
well this just might be the match to light the fuse www.kcna.kp... from the link

KPA Supreme Command Sends Ultimatum to S. Korean Puppet Forces

[Article List]
[Video]
[Photo]
[Music]
[Larger Font]
[Smaller Font]
[Expand]

Korean / English / Chinese / Spanish / Japanese
Pyongyang, April 16 (KCNA) -- The supreme command of the Korean People's Army issued the following ultimatum to the south Korean puppet forces on Tuesday:
The world is in a festive mood on the auspicious Day of the Sun.
Even though an acute situation is prevailing in the DPRK, all the people are celebrating the Day of the Sun as the greatest national holiday.
It is only the south Korean puppet forces who hurled a group of anti-communist gangsters into a rally against the DPRK in the heart of Seoul in broad daylight at which they set fire to the portraits, the symbols of its supreme dignity, the thrice-cursed crime.
All the service personnel and people of the DPRK are simmering with towering resentment at this monstrous criminal act.
In view of this situation the Supreme Command of the KPA sends the following ultimatum to the south Korean puppet forces:
Our retaliatory action will start without any notice from now as such thrice-cursed criminal act of hurting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK is being openly committed in the heart of Seoul under the patronage of the puppet authorities.
To be included in the targets of retaliation are those directly or indirectly involved in the operation to hurt the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK and those who instigated the perpetrators and connived their crime and the relevant organs and departments of the authorities involved.
The DPRK's revolutionary armed forces will start immediately their just military actions to show how the service personnel and people of the DPRK value and protect the dignity of the supreme leadership.
The military demonstration of the DPRK's revolutionary armed forces will be powerful sledge-hammer blows at all hostile forces hurting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK.
3. If the puppet authorities truly want dialogue and negotiations, they should apologize for all anti-DPRK hostile acts, big and small, and show the compatriots their will to stop all these acts in practice. -0-
Un is not happy that the South will not bow to Un or the DPRK

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Translation of the North Korean statement: "South Korea are BIG MEANIES! And they're nasty to our beloved five-year-old leader and they're stinky too!"

"Thrice cursed"? Oh brother! That's the biggest load of round objects I've read in quite some time. They do know that people are laughing at them don't they?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
All eyes on Boston now..

He's REALLY REALLY REALLY going to have to step it up to get the MSM's attention now.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't read too much into the statement. It's the same old garbage. SK won't apologize and NK will do squat.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds
Just saw this on RT.com. Waiting for details. Is today the breaking point? I wonder what the ultimatum is. Any ideas on what they want? Someone started a thread on war starting on the 15th.

I feel really bad for the people of both North and South Korea. If this happens there will be a lot of deaths.

I will post more details as they come.

If this has already been posted mods please delete. I searched but found nothing.

rt.com

No, today is not the "breaking point".

When will you people learn that there not going to be any conflict to come from this? It's all bluster and heated talk. Its called RHETORIC.
The N Korea want their sanctions lifted. They aren't going to get it, and the empty threats will continue until they are ignored and then they will shutup and nothing will happen.

Theres not going to be A WAR!!! Stop getting so obsessed and scaring/exciting yourselves... Nothings going to happen!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

It would be hilarious if the south Korean president recorded a fart on his Galaxy note and sent it to the north in response.

he's a she ..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wonder just how pissed off Porky would be if all their people saw the meme's on Ifunny of the fearless leader being made fun of on a daily basis.

I vote we send millions of print outs poking fun at the little fellow until his people ridicule him like we do or he finally blows up and start a real confrontation so we can put an end to his power.

Let's just home he does not take his ball and go home with all the fun we are having at his expense.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I wouldn't read too much into the statement. It's the same old garbage. SK won't apologize and NK will do squat.

The problem is that could easily change.

They are never going to abandon their nuclear weapons superpower fantasy. Eventually they will perfect it & at this point it will most likely be too late to really do anything about them. It is always empty rhetoric coming from them but who's to say one of their head honchos finds out they don't have long left to live or something along those lines. Pays a visit to one of their hidden installations & orders an immediate launch upon the South &/or Japan etc.

They have been laughed at & not taken seriously for decades but they are not that far away from becoming a nuclear threat to the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
Just another empty threat. we should be used to this by now. He is just like his old man he just screams a little louder. Everyone is feeding into the North's tantrums. Lets go already put up or shut up. How many lines in the sand is NK going to draw. I'm calling BS on this threat and tomorrows threat and the one after that.

You shouldn't think it is just talk

When you ppl understand, war is the only way out,. Even if things were to calm down (which at this moment they arent), this will not be forgotten and next time it won't be just words.

It's getting tiresome, so either fckin start the war or NK better shut up if they won't do anything and just talk.

Hint: I Will have more work to do if they started the war

edit on 15-4-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
well this just might be the match to light the fuse www.kcna.kp... from the link

It is only the south Korean puppet forces who hurled a group of anti-communist gangsters into a rally against the DPRK in the heart of Seoul in broad daylight at which they set fire to the portraits, the symbols of its supreme dignity, the thrice-cursed crime.

Sounds like this whole commotion is about an anti-NK demonstration in Seoul?
edit on 16-4-2013 by hakona because: formatting

top topics

join