It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold dropping fast and hard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just wanted to share this with the ATS folks.

For the past 4 years I've been watching gold, silver and other precious metals rise
In the trading markets. Well they are now falling, and very fast.

I wonder what Glenn beck is thinking after screaming out to buy gold for all these years.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yep .. just saw that. Its at 1376 (electronic) right now ... down from 1900 not too long ago.
Silver is falling as well.

I have a NWO theory on that. 'They' have pulled the plug on it and so people are now rushing to sell their gold. 'They' want everyone to sell their gold so 'they' will have economic power.

So hang onto it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

I was actually looking for ideas on investments as I know there was a post on here somewhere so this is like an answer to that. It may be possible to afford these again although my bookkeeper told me to buy tangible gold/silver such as in the form of coins. I'm as far from investment intelligence as they get but understand that precious metals will always be worth something as time marches on. Just not the crazy high amount gold has been at. Made some people rich but it was bound to happen at some point with going down. Will be interesting to see if the trend sticks. In the meanwhile I'm going to continue searching for ideas on best investments (not stock market) as I'm convinced there is a thread on this. Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

Gold is as much an imaginary currency as paper money.

Gold used to be valuable.... now there are all sorts of new materials that replicate golds utility without all the costly mining.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Flyzoid

Gold used to be valuable.... now there are all sorts of new materials that replicate golds utility without all the costly mining.

NAME SOME>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Flyzoid

you're incorrect, gold and other PM's, are a finite means of barter, an acceptable means of doing trade without carrying your wares on your back, everywhere you go. paper money and also paper PM's are infinite and therefore susceptible to manipulation.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just can't understand why copper is falling though, I would think that copper would be stable. I guess they want everyone owning metals to lose out. Copper is a better indicator of economy in my book because it is tied more to necessary things in our economy. It does not follow a rational trend at all. It should be one of the most stable of metals.

Gold will probably drop to 1300, all the bigtime investors had advanced knowledge of this drop and sold out, maybe they are even causing this fall by their big selloff. I guess the Big financial corporations run this world.

I don't expect silver to go below 28 myself, it is the poormans gold and people will begin buying it when it drops down to that point. Gold may be a metal that does not oxidize but oxidized silver can be brought back to life for little cost.

I expect mercury prices to jump to all time highs this year and molybdenum prices will go up a lot also.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have a NWO theory on that. 'They' have pulled the plug on it and so people are now rushing to sell their gold. 'They' want everyone to sell their gold so 'they' will have economic power.

So hang onto it.

If they have the power to pull the plug on the value at will, why pretend you even have something valuable?
Hanging on to it, or not wouldn't matter.
We're playing in their system.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There is something big coming

Major players DUMPED gold and silver all at once for a loss. If your going to sale anything, your going to do it slowly so you can gain the highest yields in your sales. sale it all at once and you artificially drop the price and lose out on millions of dollars. These dumps dont care about losses. they care about shaking out the little guy and boosting the dollar for whatever "event is coming" in the next, i guess, within two weeks.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Ooh I can't resist

I'll name some.... Bitcoin, Litecoin, Namecoin, Peer2PeerCoin(PPC).

Crypto Currencies baws, There someone named some

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well China has been putting a lot of money into North Korea gold mines. China has been signing contract after contract with North Korea for gold mine rights for a couple of years. Could all this be to attack North Korea and China? And how about India buying all the gold from the IMF for a little over a thousand dollar an ounce? What was the price of gold again?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
I wonder what Glenn beck is thinking after screaming out to buy gold for all these years.

'Here is a secret those fat-cats in Washington don't want you to know!"

That's always a red flag for me when I hear stuff like that. It just smells like a new scam. Like someone is trying once more to bleed the poor and the ignorant. Especially from people in the pocket of those same men.

They scream out and hype up about all sorts of things and freak their trustworthy fans into investing all of their money in...then pull the rug out afterwards.

I guarantee that while they are making their 'oops-face" on camera, they are cashing their check after the show from lobbyists and big business. The ones with money that is always safe from these 'unpredictable events no one saw coming'. Sure...sure.

No matter how many chalkboards they scribble on, they are a part of the same elite they complain to you about. They dine in the same places you couldn't afford to buy bread in. They live in the same neighborhoods that you couldn't even step one foot past the security gate to get through, unless you were cleaning.

Just keep making them rich, folks!
They'll scare you into it again and again.

- Lee
edit on 15-4-2013 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Gold is finite only in our minds. Technology progress ever closer to replicating things once thought impossible. We also have other planets in the universe that surely have gold somewhere in their crust.

If limited availability is your only criteria for value.... then no wonder people pay thousands for used celebrity clothing. Hey we could even start using Opera's petrified feces as a currency!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Please add to existing thread : here

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
Just wanted to share this with the ATS folks.

For the past 4 years I've been watching gold, silver and other precious metals rise
In the trading markets. Well they are now falling, and very fast.

www.cnbc.com...

Hes probably thinking what many others are thinking. 'gold is on sale, buy all you can!'.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
All forms of currency is based on perceived worth.
Frankly, a loaf of bread is arguably more valuable than a pound of gold in regards to actual survival. I know many conversations on here in the past when gold was spiking people were suggesting gold had actual intrinsic value above dollars, diamonds, or anything else...talk about being fooled by marketing. Oh well, whatever.

I see no issue in moving to a completely electronic currency...there is no difference between a bit of shiny rock, a piece of paper, or some binary code when its all about perceived worth.

And to those whom sunk all their cash in gold..meh..shoulda got land. land is always a good investment (unless its a swampland or some purple speckled bark owl decides to live there).

Capitalism is a gamble.

And stop trusting commercials 100% (unless they are pushing a new Dorito's flavor..that you can bank on being delicious)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You heard it here first:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Quote from the other thread (Warning: ..."washout" in gold and silver...imminent"):

The worst case scenario (with deflation) is probably the old high from Jan 1980 at $850~. A more likely scenario would take it back to the Mch 2008 high of $1034 but that may not occur. I think that the mid $1400s is de rigeur and would not be surprised to see it dip down to $1300. Holding out for lower levels from there might mean that you miss the low.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Land is finite and farm land can be income producing....but dont forget that land is a taxable asset (even without selling it).

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Gold is supposed to drop fast and hard
It's real heavy, gravity pulls it down fast.

I know.....My response is kinda dense

edit on 15-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join