It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court orders $6 million for Gardasil victims. CDC still insists its safe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You just can't make this stuff up. After the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded almost $6 million to victims if Gardasil for adverse reactions from the vaccine, the CDC still insists that this crap is safe for children and recommends that all females between 9 and 26 get vaccinated. Never mind that fact that 26 girls died shortly after receiving the vaccine in one year alone.

US court pays $6 million to Gardasil victims

Judicial Watch announced it has received documents from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) revealing that its National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) has awarded $5,877,710 dollars to 49 victims in claims made against the highly controversial HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccines. To date 200 claims have been filed with VICP, with barely half adjudicated.

The CDC recommends the Gardasil vaccine, made by Merck Pharmaceuticals, for all females between 9 and 26 years to protect against HPV. Furthermore, the CDC says Gardasil is licensed, safe, and effective for males ages 9 through 26 years.

The facts appear to contradict the FDA’s safety statements. The adverse reaction reports detail 26 new deaths reported between September 1, 2010 and September 15, 2011 as well as incidents of seizures, paralysis, blindness, pancreatitis, speech problems, short term memory loss and Guillain-Barré Syndrome. The documents come from the FDA’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) which is used by the FDA to monitor the safety of vaccines.

In response to the concern about death reports among those who received Gardasil, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) insists “there was no unusual pattern or clustering to the deaths that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine.”

Washington Times

Just goes to show; the CDC stopped looking out for the people's best interests long ago. Now, they only look out for the big pharmaceutical companies profit margins.

I still remember their Orwellian ad campaign when they rolled this crap out. The "I didn't know" ads creating the artificial need for the vaccine and then, just months later, Merck rolling out the vaccine for the disease we didn't know we needed protection from before they created the hysteria about it through their ads.

All of this for a disease that usually clears on its own after a few years.

Not only are there questions about the safety of the vaccine, there are questions about the need for the vaccine. Over 90 percent of women infected with HPV clear the infection naturally within two years, at which point cervical cells go back to normal.

Good thing Big Pharma is here to protect us from this condition that can resolve itself naturally after a couple of years. I'm sure the parents of the dead girls are thankful their daughters don't have to worry about cervical cancer brought on by HPV anymore.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
www.offtheradar.co.nz...

Six million compensation seems cheap considering it may cause a lot of problems with people having kids in the future. Now the company producing the vaccine doesn't have to worry about a big lawsuit in the future. Are these vaccines purposely produced for a specific reason other than protection of the individual is my question.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Here is the VAERS Line List Report acquired via the Freedom of Information Act that shows 26 deaths associated with Gardasil from 2010-1011.

www.judicialwatch.org...

The CDC has long known this stuff is dangerous.

Other Adverse Reactions Include: Seizures, Paralysis, Blindness, Pancreatitis, Speech Problems and Short Term Memory Loss

Contact Information: Press Office 202-646-5172, ext 305 Washington, DC -- October 19, 2011

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has received new documents from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), detailing reports of adverse reactions to the vaccination for human papillomavirus (HPV), Gardasil. The adverse reaction reports detail 26 new deaths reported between September 1, 2010 and September 15, 2011 as well as incidents of seizures, paralysis, blindness, pancreatitis, speech problems, short term memory loss and Guillain-Barré Syndrome. The documents come from the FDA’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) which is used by the FDA to monitor the safety of vaccines. The documents were obtained pursuant to a September 15, 2011 FOIA request for reports made from September 1, 2010 through September 15, 2011.

Adverse Gardasil events reported to the FDA include:

The information was received from the patient’s mother…concerning her healthy 14 year old daughter who in August 2007, January 2008, and June 2008, was vaccinated with a first, second and third dose of GARDASIL…It was reported that the patient experienced several symptoms including numbness and tingling in her fingers and toes, fatigue, a really hard time falling asleep, urinary tract infections, ovarian cyst, moody, trouble getting out of bed and seizures. The patient had had upwards of 150 seizures following her third shot in June 2008. During her seizures she stopped breathing for periods of 30 to 40 seconds. The patient was diagnosed with Neurocardiogenic syndrome and seizures. It was reported that the patient died due to ovarian cyst. The reporter felt that the patient’s symptoms were related to vaccination with GARDASIL.

Additional information was received from a newspaper article concerning a 18 year old female…who on 10-MAY-2007 was vaccinated with GARDASIL…in the right arm…The patient who was a college freshman travelled on 05-OCT-2007 to visit her family for the weekend. The patient reportedly felt "slightly ill" upon her arrival and subsequently took an aspirin and went to bed awakening at 1:30 PM the following afternoon "appearing refreshed". The patient became feverish again that night and woke at 1:00 AM the morning of 07-OCT-2007 with chills and a severe headache complaining that "my headache is about to explode". The patient was taken to a local hospital, where a brain computed axial tomography (CAT) scan was performed and the brain revealed meningococcal disease in her brain and brain stem. The patient was immediately transferred to another hospital and died the evening of 07-OCT-2007 due to complications of meningitis.

Information has been received from a physician regarding a 15 year old female who on 26-SEP-2007 was vaccinated with her second dose of GARDASIL for prevention of HPV…Thirty minutes after the vaccination, the patient experienced a headache and that night went home and slept until the next morning. The patient woke up the next day and went to school. The school nurse called the patient’s mother and informed her that the patient felt tingling in both hands. Later that day, the patient was again sent to the nurse’s office due to a shaking sensation all over. Later that evening, things became worse and the patient started crying from the pain and burning in her back. The patient was taken to the emergency room by her parents. In the emergency room, the patient collapsed and was not able to walk; she was paralyzed from the waist down. It was reported that the patient was hospitalized for two months.

www.judicialwatch.org...

Thank you for posting this

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
IF these were in fact safe, WHY are the MD's themselves refusing them to be used on there OWN families?

The FACT that most doctors refuse to get vaccinated says it all.

Approximately 1/3 of Doctors Refuse Vaccinations

Exposure to illness is an occupational hazard for the medical community. Doctors are among the highest risk population groups and most hospitals and practices make it mandatory for physicians to be vaccinated. Researcher and author Neil Z. Miller reports that approximately 66% of pediatricians and obstetricians refused the MMR shot in one study. An equal percentage of doctors refused the Hepatitis B shot, mostly citing safety concerns because of rumors of animal DNA contamination in the shots.

The American Medical Association's (AMA) Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine cite a 1994 study where approximately 1/3 of doctors were working without mandatory flu vaccines.[3] Yet the doctors blindly follow national recommendations to vaccinate every child they can round up (sometimes with as many as five vaccines in one visit).

FIVE BAFFLING VACCINATION FACTS

Over half UK doctors, third of nurses, to refuse flu vaccine

A survey of general practitioners published on Healthcare Republic, the website of GP magazine, found that up to 60% of GPs may decline vaccination. A much bigger survey of nurses published a week ago by Nursing Times found that a third of 1,500 nurses would refuse vaccination. But the biggest problem in persuading people and healthcare professionals to have the jab may be the relative shortage of evidence from trials about its safety and efficacy. Link

Protecting Their Own: The Unofficial Vaccination Policy of Doctors in the Know

I recently reconnected with a mainstream doctor affiliated with a large hospital and a thriving practice in the midwest. These were his words as they were spoken to me. For the purpose of protecting his anonymity I will refer to him as "The Doctor."

"You do not question vaccines openly. It's not done. I know I sound ridiculous here but it's like Nazi Germany. Really, I know it sounds silly. I mean, in our own groups, of course, we question vaccines all the time, among ourselves, but you never ever say it openly. You have to understand, doctors are scientists. We pride ourselves on our knowledge. You just don't question, they look at you like you're crazy.

I have to tell you to vaccinate because if I don't and your kid gets sick, I get sued. I am legally responsible. My partners are always telling me, "You make them vaccinate on schedule or they are out." You know you could get in a lot of trouble for not vaccinating yourself--you know that though--you have a medical background." Link

"One of the true tests of a fanatic is whether or not he takes his own medicine—or believes his own press releases." ~ Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D.

Many doctors and health‐care practitioners do not get vaccinated
and do not vaccinate their children. Why not?

• They know vaccines are not proven to be safe or effective.
• They know vaccines contain dangerous substances.
• They know vaccines cause serious health problems.
• They have treated patients with serious side effects from vaccines. Source

Dr. Gordon T. Stewart, head of the department of community medicine at the University of Glasgow, Scotland, is one of the most vigorous critics of the pertussis vaccine. He says he supported the inoculation before 1974 but then began to observe outbreaks of pertussis in children who had been vaccinated. "Now, in Glasgow," he says, "30 per-cent of our whooping cough cases are occurring in vaccinated patients. This leads me to believe that the vaccine is not all that protective." Source

50% of UK Doctors Refuse Swine Flu Vaccine
NEW THREE ONLINE LISTS of Vaccine Friendly Doctors State By State

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
FYI: there isn't a SCRAP of honest evidence showing vaccines work at all.

What about all those cohort "studies"?

They have ALL been thoroughly debunked.

SEVEN QUESTIONS ABOUT FLU VACCINES THAT DOCTORS REFUSE TO ANSWER

#1) Where are the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies proving flu vaccines are both safe and effective?

Answer: There aren't any.

#2) Where, then, is the so-called "science" backing the idea that flu vaccines work at all?

Answer: Other than "cohort studies," there isn't any. And the cohort studies have been thoroughly debunked. Scientifically speaking, there isn't a scrap of honest evidence showing flu vaccines work at all. SOURCE

I recently reconnected with a mainstream doctor affiliated with a large hospital and a thriving practice in the midwest. These were his words as they were spoken to me. For the purpose of protecting his anonymity I will refer to him as "The Doctor."

"The Doctor on Gardasil:

"Gardasil? What the hell is that? That shouldn't be on the market for another 30 years. We have no idea if we are causing this disease to mutate and become more harmful and stronger than it is now. No idea. We'll find out I guess. Anyway, I talked about this with my partners and they were adamant, "you have to give it to your patients." I told them I am not telling my parents they have to give this to their 9 year old. I got looks like--crazy. They thought I was nuts. My partners are saying to me,"you gotta give it."

I told him I was aware of over 90 deaths and life-altering adverse reactions as the result of Gardasil. He did not respond. ."

The Unofficial Vaccination Policy of Doctors in the Know

Here are some facts that are far less likely to be mentioned about the smallpox vaccine:

“..Chief Medical Officer of England announced in May 1871 that 97.5 percent had been vaccinated. In the following year, 1872, England experienced it’s worst-ever smallpox epidemic, which claimed 44,840 lives..”

“..In Scotland, between 1855-1875, over 9,000 children under 5 died of smallpox despite Scotland being, at that time, one of the most vaccinated countries in the world. In 1907 to 1919, with only a third of the children vaccinated, only 7 smallpox deaths were recorded for children under 5 years of age..”

".. Japan started compulsory vaccination against smallpox in 1872 and continued it for many years with disastrous results. Smallpox steadily increased each year and in 1892 their records showed 165,774 cases with 29,979 deaths -- all vaccinated.

".. In the Philippines between 1917 and 1919, the U.S. government staged a compulsory vaccination campaign which brought on the worst epidemic of smallpox in this island nation's history with 162,503 reported cases and 71,453 deaths -- all vaccinated.. "

The real truth, is that vaccines are the most important weapon in the arsenal of a corrupt medical system, which DEPENDS on people being sick. Vaccines don't actually prevent disease at all, which is why you regularly see outbreaks of "vaccine preventable" diseases in fully vaccinated populations. The true purpose of vaccines, is to attack that part of our body which NATURE designed to keep us healthy.

It's a pretty simple, albeit diabolical plan. And although most people struggle to see it today,

Protecting Their Own

edit on 15-4-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So this has gone from Gardasil to swine flu jabs?
So all vaccines are the same eh?
Ah right, I get your drift now....

No doubt there are some tragic consequences of having the Gardasil vaccine (just like there are tragic consequences for some eating peanuts or strawberries or in my case, taking aspirin). but the few cases reported which are undeniably linked to the vaccine are that indeed, very few. Given that there has been millions upon millions of doses given, if it was really as bad as the posters above are trying to make out don't you think people would be dropping like flies? But they're not, are they?

I think people need to understand that an adverse effect is something as its name suggests that happens out of the ordinary and in a certain time after a drug or procedure is administered.
This adverse effect need not have anything whatsoever to do with the said procedure but can be reported anyway.
ANYONE can report these events to VAERS, anyone at all.
In fact, there's actually been a study linking event reporting to litigation (wow, there's a surprise, lawyers faking reports so they get paid...)
pediatrics.aappublications.org...

That link brings me to the money awarded for the Gardasil vaccines. As I said, there will have been some direct reactions to the vaccine but only 49 pay-outs out of how many vaccines given?
Ok 49 adverse effects are 49 too many but looking at that Judicialwatch link, some of the cases look tenuous to say the least. Look at the spread of alleged events, from pancreatitis to meningococcal meningitis. If it was the same or very similar that was reported then you could definitely suggest a link.
Although I'm sure a good lawyer can prove anything (what's their cut again, 20%?).
Can you see what I'm getting at?

On the poster who insists that there are no studies done for vaccines well you're partly true.
To do a properly verified study on some vaccines would be ethically and morally wrong however that doesn't mean that all vaccines aren't trialled properly.
Here's a nice one
www.thelancet.com...

Here's another (more pertinent to the thread)
www.thelancet.com...(09)61248-4/fulltext#article_upsell

They're both page 1 results for a Google search for "vaccine efficacy studies".

Now if I looked for evidence of vaccine safety and efficacy on anti-vax and alleged natural-health sites would I find any?
Probably not (in fact definitely not).
However if I did proper unbiased and agenda-free research and would I find it?
Without a doubt I would.

Going back to the end of the OP's initial post, even if the figure that "Over 90 percent of women infected with HPV clear the infection naturally within two years".
First of all that's for low-grade infections but anyway what about the 10% who don't clear it naturally?
Seriously, what about them?
Have you forgotten them in your post or just dismissed them out of hand?

And just on your last sentence, I wish the HPV vaccine was available years ago so I didn't have to watch my own Mum die an excruciating death from metastased cervical cancer.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I regret ever getting this. I got the first two, and was so sick and had insane mental side effects, that I refused to get the third and final shot. I now tell every woman and girl I know about what happened to me, and how it exacerbated a disease I have to horrible levels, to please not get this vaccination.

top topics

join