It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember "DHS INSIDER" - He said watch the metals, it is the start! - GOLD Slammed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I do think PM's can be useful to protect wealth, but not in the current market. Both silver and gold prices do not reflect true supply vs. demand, which should be the driving force behind the market. Instead we see the market flooded by "paper" gold and silver, not physical PM's.

This creates an artificial market in which more people "own" gold than what actually exists in the market. Therefore the market price is completely fake.

I would label the PM markets as just another derivative instrument. People are creating value out of thin air and selling it to people that do not know any better. Eventually it will have to be corrected and when the bubble bursts a lot of people are going to be pissed that their investments in PM's were just a sham.

By the way...central banks and governments are buying physical gold and silver. The regular folks are just buying paper metals through their retirement plans.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would like to say that not all people who own gold have bought it within the last 2 years. I would suspect a lot of physical holders on this site would have bought most a long time ago.

There is still a long way to drop for a lot of people to go underwater.

People talk of disconnects between the ETF GLD and the price of physical..

As others have cleverly mentioned in this thread, why are the East buying all this physical?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Whether or not the "DHS insider" is a credible source, OP, what he says is right on the money.

This metals crash is obvious, blatant manipulation, and it is taking place all over the world. Metals manipulation at this level shows me that the dollar is on life support. If metals are high, confidence in the US dollar is eroded. The metals are a barometer of dollar strength, and the feds know this.

Crashing the metals accomplishes two things: Gives the illusion of dollar strength and market health, and it allows the big money players to buy up as much as they can at firesale prices.

The US has been printing waaayyy too much currency, rendering it worthless. Japan is now on the QE bandwagon and is also printing a bunch of worthless yen. Asian countries are buying up a lot of metals, as a way to back their currency and keep it strong.

Why a dollar crash? Because you cannot print a crap-ton of money and expect it to hold its value. This is a basic tenet of economics.

I have been trying all morning to buy physical silver. I can't get my order to go through online, and a call to several of the sellers only gives me a busy signal. The stuff is flying off the shelves, obviously. Couple that with a silver mine collapse late last week, in which 16% of the world's silver is produced, and that Apple had to slow production of its iPad due to lack of silver, and you have to marvel at the cojones of these creeps who are driving the price into the ground in order to scoop up all they can, and give us all the illusion of economic stability.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

couldn't have said it better FS, makes me wonder if we will see a FED release on even higher QE numbers, you know to quell the insatiable new appetite for their over valued paper by all those fools who bought and now sold their gold.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If I wasn't so broke I'd be buying all the silver I can right now. That's what this is, ladies and gentlemen; It's the big cash-out, but in reverse.

They're devaluing it to drive the price down in order to scare Joe & Jane Sixpack into selling their physical. They buy at the lower price then when the dollar inevitably crashes guess who's bankrupt and guess who's rich?

Ah well. I guess I'll just continue waiting for lead, brass, and copper (properly assembled, of course) to come back. I need .22 LR.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Or the realization that deflation is winning and cannot be stopped. A kind of debt default tsunami.

”Although Japan was rapidly printing money, a destruction of credit was happening at a far greater pace. There was an overall contraction of credit in Japan for close to 5 consecutive years. Property values plunged for 18 consecutive years. The stock market plunged from 40,000 to 7,000. Cash was hoarded and the velocity of money collapsed. These are classic symptoms of deflation that a proper definition incorporating both money supply and credit would readily catch. Those looking at consumer prices or monetary injections by the bank of Japan were far off the mark. Yes, there was deflation in Japan. Furthermore, if deflation can happen in Japan, then there is no reason why it cannot happen in the US as well.”

Mish

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Major players DUMPED gold and silver all at once for a loss. If your going to sale anything, your going to do it slowly so you can gain the highest yields in your sales. sale it all at once and you artificially drop the price and lose out on millions of dollars. These dumps dont care about losses. they care about shaking out the little guy and boosting the dollar for whatever "event is coming" in the next, i guess, within two weeks.
edit on 15-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So what can I do? If G@S are not sound then where? I know, food, supplies, preps, but what else? At one point I thought land, property, but then the gov will take it when insurance, taxes eats it up.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

They don't want you to have any where to hide your money. They want it all out there to be sucked dry by the vampires in the world called governments and banks. But you could all ways look to see which corporations will be seeing large amounts of profit when the new spy building is complete. The big corporations do seem to be playing musical chairs to make the most money in the black market of spying on where your trying to hide your money and your secrets.

edit on 15-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Look at the take down in Bitcoin recently, I guess they want rid of alternative currencies. I wonder why..... Maybe they want people to flood into such things as they need to unload, not the defacto barbarous relic which is made to look risky.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
With what we have seen recently in Cyprus and other nations positioning themselves to do the same. They want as much money in bank accounts as possible so they can loot it. What better way than to create a panic in the PM markets so your average joe will sell off and put his money back in the bank or in the stock market.

I havent heard of any central banks selling off their physical gold.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Gold has been in a classic bubble for the past several years. The price of gold has been fed by speculation and, just like the housing bubble of the previous decade, it is past due for a major correction.

The price of gold, like any commodity, is determined by supply and demand. The demand is fuelled by two primary components – the intrinsic demand and the speculative demand. The intrinsic demand is for things that gold is useful for, like pretty jewellery, dental appliances, and conductors in electronic applications. The speculative demand is just what it says; speculation that gold will be worth more next year than it is this year.

Consider the analogy with a house. A house has intrinsic demand as a place to live. Speculative demand is created by expectation that the price will always increase. Speculative demand for housing increased dramatically in the previous decade. Houses were viewed as safe havens for investment. That speculative demand fuelled prices which in turn further fuelled speculative demand. A classic 'bubble'.

The same has happened over the past few years with gold. The speculative demand has become a significant, perhaps the dominant part, of demand. That speculative demand creates price increases that fuel more speculative demand. The bubble becomes self-inflating. At some point the bubble pops.

Gold purchased in 2012 is like a house purchased in 2006. Buyers have paid more for speculation than warranted by matching intrinsic demand with supply. Gold buyers, look out.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What Happened The Last Time We Saw Gold Drop Like This?
April 15, 2013

www.blacklistednews.com...

Could it be that Asia is about to be hit with a crash? China, India, Japan and even North Korea. They have all been jumping in with both feet into gold lately. Could someone be planning on taking them down a peg?

And don't forget Hillary laid out all the ground work to shift the supply from China to South America.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If I remember right, the "DHS Insider" also mentioned a Spring 2013 time frame for the SHTF scenario and it is Spring, in the northern hemisphere, anyway.

One possible explanation (pure speculation on my part) for the drop in the gold and silver prices could be that those holding them are getting rid of them to cover the derivatives that are due. If true, then the SHTF scenario is just a few weeks away. Tighten your belts. It is a bumpy ride ahead!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Who is buying this sell off?

There has to be a buyer to be able to sell it. Is it central banks? If I was cyprus I would be keeping my gold in case I ever had to leave the euro.

Game on?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Boston glob just had two explosions, the market is going to crash! The guy was right things just had the SHTF!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well said, FS. The Fed is blatantly manipulating precious metals to keep the dollar propped up. How else could it justify pulling back on QE without pulling the rug out from under the propped up market? I really hope Mr. and Mrs. Public aren't falling for it and selling their PMs. I also would be buying if I had the money. It's buy time not run for the door time.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TucoTheRat

Bo ston Explosions

Holy crap - I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but this is freaky. A colleague of mine were discussing this very article and he read the part about if Sandy Hook wasn't enough another "event" would happen - RIGHT when this popped up.

Man - what if? Scary
edit on 15-4-2013 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To me, this looks like another bubble. Gold, silver, and bonds have been bought up like crazy for 10 years. It's got to crash sometime. If you google and find some articles about this, you'll see it has been forecast for months. Several people talking about it before the DHS insider article was written. Adding a gold crash into his predictions was a pretty safe bet.

Also, those bringing up Cryprus. They're selling. 200 million euros in gold surplus.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dannkk

But who is buying from the sellers that have sold?

That is how trading works right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join