It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They say the new gun laws are to prevent deaths right? Then why the heck do they allow......

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
If the new gun laws are to prevent deaths in America, then explain to me why they still allow cigarettes to be sold? Just look at some of the stats regarding cigarettes.

Because guns are used in violence against other people.

Cigarettes are a personal choice, whether a poor one or not. And the government is already using unconstitutional laws to infringe our personal freedoms about what we can and can not put into our bodies, and we really don't need any more of them because some people are whiners, or busybodies, and just can't stand what the guy next door is doing.

You don't like it? Don't do it.

You don't want to be around it? Extract yourself from its presence.

What you don't do, is infringe on the basic rights of others because you dislike something, or because you feel like you should get to play mommy or daddy and decide what's best for another. That's not how it works.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SpearMint

I suggest you start caring about what is best for your country (whatever that may be) instead of what the constitution says.

Uhm…the constitution IS WHAT’S BEST for my country. Unfortunately we haven’t adhered to it in quite some time.

That's what other countries do, and it's worked out well. I really don't think this blind support for the constitution is healthy, even if it says what is best for the country (and I withhold my opinion on that).

You know what they say about opinions…

That is why I said "whatever that may be". You missed my point, which was kind of expected.

<< 1  2   >>

join