It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice for anger management

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Jes swan thank you for reminding me of that i'd forgot about us being bad tempered so and so's, you cheeky wee monkey

edit on 15-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: so's

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I had anger issues and dealing with them is complicated. The first step is knowing you have a problem. (congrats)

I took a long hard look in the mirror and didn't like what I saw. It was hard to identify the source of my frustration... what was causing me to be angry so much. I thought to my self that if I kept going, I would become a monster. People were afraid of me and I hated it.

It's a lot of working on yourself and exploring what makes you tick... and knowing that you may not like what you find. I joined martial arts, I studied many disciplines and still keep up with my swordplay.

23 years later, I still get angry, but I ask myself why. If it's for a good reason, I state my opinion and let it go. If I'm angry for a stupid reason, I let it go.

Really objectively examining yourself and your emotions is one of the hardest things to do... but it's worth it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Glad to be of service, but... this "us" you were referring to, was it the quebecers, the French, the Mediterraneans, or the Irish?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You're a man, correct?

Exercise boosts testosterone production. A lot of testosterone in the bloodstream tends to make men aggressive and short-tempered.

Exercise less and the problem will go away.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

it was a joke that i sometimes say to her,,,

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

i was waiting for that one!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

i have my bag at home and i use it alone,, so no one gets freaked out,,,
but you are right unfortunately about that it isnt good to punch things,,,
if my levels wont go down, i have to cut that off a bit..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

hi, man, i relax myself mostly by painting,, lots of other similiar things also,,
i have an amazing girl,,, she is the reason i try to better myself..
i am 24 years old,,,,
edit on 16-4-2013 by solve because: just some stuff that i forgot to mention, thats all...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

yes a male specimen,, but i am wondering that will test. levels balance out eventually, even if keeping my routines?
gotta say that i didnt even think about test, levels, when i started to exercise ...

really good advice from you all,,

i noticed today, that the absolute, stop, and think,,,,, (think hard) ---worked pretty well...
something about stopping your body is calming,,
i have noticed earlier, that pasing around isnt a good idea,,,

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

i noticed today, that the absolute, stop, and think,,,,, (think hard) ---worked pretty well.

Buddhists meditation training begins with 'all-round mindfulness', in which the student tries to keep his or her mind focused closely on the awareness of whatever they happen to be doing. Whenever you mind wanders, you return it to whatever you're doing—even if you're just sitting in a chair. It can be very helpful.

You'd have to ask a doctor whether your testosterone levels will stabilise with regular exercise.

edit on 16/4/13 by Astyanax because: of a wondering, sorry wandering, mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join