It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could There Be A More Blatant Case Of Bias From The BBC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We have all heard about the campaign to get "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" into the No 1 spot on the UK Charts. The record peaked at Number 2 with 52,605 copies sold. The BBC took the decision to only play two short "Snippet" of the song.
Meanwhile a pro-Thatcher campaign to get the song " I'm In Love with Margaret Thatcher" by Notsensibles went into the charts at the No 35 position with 8,768 copies sold. Did they play 2 short "Snippets" of this lowly placed song? No, they played it in FULL.
Blatant bias? I should say so.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Let me just state i am not in favour of the campaign for "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead". However i am in favour of fair and equal representation of peoples views whatever they may be.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Don't worry Iam sure on wednesday there will be many singing it at the funeral.
Loudspeaker and a helicopter anyone?

I bet it sold many more than that and did get the number one spot.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I personally do not know that much about Margaret Thatcher. Since her death I have read numerous articles and opinions (some on ATS) about this person.

I have come to understand that she is really hated by many in England and beyond.

However...the woman is dead...and even though many people in society do not think much of her...I am sure she has some family and friends living now who do love her and will miss her; and I just think that it would be a good idea to stop all these negative celebrations...and allow those who do love her to mourn in peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The taxpayers are paying for her funeral.....
Even when her idiot scumbag son (the one who is banned from many countries including the US for trying to stage a coup and is a fraud a liar and a loan shark) has 60 million in the bank.
He should foot the bill not us.
edit on 14-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by alldaylong

I personally do not know that much about Margaret Thatcher. Since her death I have read numerous articles and opinions (some on ATS) about this person.

I have come to understand that she is really hated by many in England and beyond.

However...the woman is dead...and even though many people in society do not think much of her...I am sure she has some family and friends living now who do love her and will miss her; and I just think that it would be a good idea to stop all these negative celebrations...and allow those who do love her to mourn in peace.

Although morally i would have to agree with you - you should never speak ill of the dead. There is a lesson to this that should be payed attention to by the political affluent among us. You may be able to keep your name clear while you alive with all your connections and such. But once your dead and the story telling begins then its no holds barred.

So play nice unless you want your great grandchildren to read about how you were a which or worse.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Existing thread here.

Closed.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You might want to give this a read to understand the hate and there
a link in the page to show its not the first time the bbc been a little
to close to the goverment.

Following the Hillsborough inquiry I have called for an investigation into the actions of the police during the miners' strike. To my certain knowledge there was widespread telephone tapping. There were, in my view, malicious arrests and prosecutions of many miners. The worst examples were charges of riot brought against a number of miners who were later acquitted – had they been found guilty, they could have faced lengthy spells in prison, up to and including life sentences.

The cases collapsed because of unreliable police evidence. During the trial it came to light that the BBC had reversed footage of scenes at Orgreave to give the impression that miners were responsible for starting violent scenes, when in fact it was the police that had instigated the violence.

Guardian

I was listening to the charts on radio1 when the second selling track came up
and there was no the witch is dead just a prewritten script on why they wont
play it.

edit on 14/4/2013 by skuly because: colour

top topics

join