It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those That Are Itching To Go To War- A Little Piece Of History With North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Whilst I am in total agreement about human rights violations any where on this planet , I can no longer afford to look at any conflict on this planet in a black and white scenario. There are degrees of grey that motivate nations to take positions of aggression against others. These grey area's are quite often hidden from the public when hidden governments wish to move their chess pieces on the board,
This always results in huge losses of life on both sides of the conflict.(human rights violations).

This thread , I believe , was started by myself and is intended to show the grey area's of motivation, that may being playing a role in North Korea's position. IF that then encompasses more than one nation , so be it.

As for Japan not being a warmongering nation , it sure is capable of being the proxy of a warmongering nation ( here also speaking of hidden governments).

The United States Armed Forces that are stationed in Japan. Under the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan, the United States is obliged to defend Japan in close cooperation with the Japan Self-Defense Forces for maritime defense, ballistic missile defense, domestic air control, communications security (COMSEC), and disaster response operations.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now it would seem most fortuitous for any country considering war , to know where their enemy has it's missiles stashed and give clear warning to those nations that they wll not be overlooked.

Also, following that logic, why isn't Poland threatening war against Germany?

As for the above, I'm sure if Germany( even in this day and age) began using it's allies to surround Poland with missiles , it too would become a tad paranoid.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2013 by Pinkorchid because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I imagine someone ought to mention the fact that the US wouldn't have been in Korea, ordering airstrikes to keep from being over-run and killed to a person if North Korea had not first invaded it's Southern neighbor.

The US not only had nothing to do with that, history records the Central Intelligence Agency (a contradiction in terms to set the standard by) was telling the President that North Korea had no ability OR intention of military attack on the Republic Of Korea mere weeks before they did, in fact, invade and overrun them.

History seems to repeat itself like a bad movie. Never the good parts, either. Just the real crappy ones.

Once again, we look at history on ATS through a selective lens.

For the duration of the conflict between north and south, the US has ALWAYS been there. The US was jointly responsible for the DIVISION of the country - so how could their presence be retaliatory? Your statement is just... false.

Korea was united until the Russo-Japanese war when it was occupied by Japan. After WWII, the Soviets and the US, who were allies, could not decide on a joint trusteeship of Korea, so they split it at the 38th parallel. Kim Il Sung was very active in fighting Japanese Imperialism, and was banished to China for his anti-government, pro-national activities. During WWII Kim Il Sung fought the Japanese, and could have been considered an ally of the US.

The US sat up a puppet government in South Korea after WWII - like they have done with so many other nations. North Korea has wanted reunification for almost 70 years now. Many in South Korea share the same sentiment. Korea has been divided for over 100 years now because Western governments for some reason need to police and control the entire world.

The US definitely began the so called "saber rattling." NK has offered a peace treaty on multiple occasions over the years and have been denied. The US and SK for the first time in history simulated offensive attacks and even nuclear strikes against NK in the most recent war games with SK. If this isn't a threat to a country, what is?

So don't just swallow the MSM's version of what's going on in the region and say that NK is the bad guy here. Sure they are weird and different and we don't understand their culture, but are they really the aggressors?

DENY IGNORANCE ATS.

edit on 14-4-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by Pinkorchid

The media claim that North Korea is trying to obtain and use weapons of mass destruction.

NK admits they are trying to obtain and use weapons of mass destruction.

I don't want to see another war with NK or any other country but facts are facts.
edit on 13-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

yea cause USA has no nukes or weapons of mass destruction... hypocrisy much?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Tinker...If you figure I am going by much of anything the media has said or continues to say about North Korea for what I consider to be factual basis behind my opinions? I can't say or display anything at this point to change that.

For general purpose tho..I'll just point out what I've noted before...I stopped watching ANY television based media for much of anything but a local (as in..within my city and immediate area of the state) report on events clear back in December. I'm quite happy I did and feel much better for it. I now hunt down the sources THEY use to start with before it's butchered into a form which the people who wrote the original analysis and reports wouldn't recognize anymore.

Denying Ignorance likely starts with not implying other people are not, simply because a disagreement of basic facts exists....which it absolutely does here. It's not worth fighting over by any stretch though and that feels like about all there is to do with this, based on that starting assumption about my efforts to learn.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not talking at all about how or where you get your information - only that your analysis is incorrect. You either purposefully or through ignorance ignored the last 100 years of history on the Korean Peninsula - all while citing what "history records."

I'm disputing your claim that the US had nothing to do with hostilities between North and South Korea. The US is partly responsible for the division of the Korean Peninsula...How could they have nothing to do with it?

It's nothing person, and any statement made about denying ignorance was not directed specifically at you. I'm just trying to get people to really look into the factual history behind this and any other conflict and make up their own minds. The US has a LOT to do with Korean division and hostility.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

What happened in Korea was not war it was genocide. Some people have short and selective memory.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.. It's sad that people are "itching" for war.. But war is within human nature I guess. This unrequited hate for the USA is beginning to surface more as reason. As we all know, there are 2 sides to every story. They don't just hate the USA for no reason. That goes for every country that hates the States.

The pendulum is swinging backwards.. along with it, Karma, who will sing..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join