It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Home Intruder Shot, Killed In West Toledo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I was quoting the article.
If you kick down my door in the middle of the night, your first "warning" will be a .45 caliber 230 grain SXZ hollow point.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

we have a couple of dogs and it's almost like having a motion detection system. they sound their "alarm" if they so much as hear anything our of the ordinary. a bit annoying at times, but they'll know way before we will if someone is visible from our front window, let alone if someone approaches the house. they really lose it.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlue
I just recently moved from Toledo so I know all too well how it is there, though I think its the perfect example of the insanity in the gun laws & restrictions that are being pushed. and do you know what part of the west side.

this invasion and subsequent shooting was in the 4000 block of Douglas which is between Sylvania Avenue and Lasky Road.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Gotta love this comment, gotta be a friend of the dirtbags family:

Shoot first through doors and ask questions later. Good kid, no record, no weapon and not a burglary, but a sad and confusing incident for homeowner and victim. A further investigation should be done. It will be interesting to see if any entry was gained since the wording of both news stories indicates that this was not the case. You have every right to protect yourself, but you also have a responsibility to understand the law as a gun owner. God forbid you or your children would make a bad decision in a possible impaired state and face the same outcome. You don't know what you would do under the same circumstances. My condolences to the family.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
wow so home invasion punishable by death

and you people cheer and applaud . , hopefully your kids don't make the same mistakes , i can't help to wonder if you people would still cheer and applaud then if it was your kid that did this stupid mistake.

maybe these people should be charged with man slaughter maybe 2nd degree murder .

edit on 13/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

and you people cheer and applaud . , hopefully your kids don't make the same mistakes , i can't help to wonder if you people would still cheer and applaud then if it was your kid that did this stupid mistake.

maybe these people should be charged with man slaughter maybe 2nd degree murder .

When someone KICKS in your door, and the homeowner gives you MULTIPLE warnings, thats no stupid mistake or entering the wrong house. You get what you deserve, a slug to the skull
edit on 4/14/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Originally posted by freedomSlave

When someone KICKS in your door, and the homeowner gives you MULTIPLE warnings, thats no stupid mistake or entering the wrong house. You get what you deserve, a slug to the skull
edit on 4/14/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

lol spoken like a true gangster eh homesssss

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I'm a gangster because I want to defend my home huh?
Let me go kick in your front door and empty your place out, you can just stand there and do nothing, okay?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm a gangster because I want to defend my home huh?
Let me go kick in your front door and empty your place out, you can just stand there and do nothing, okay?

You could try but I got hands ,feet , baseball bat, hammer , no need to kill you .
where did i say anything about just standing there and do nothing . I do not need a gun to defend myself or my house . did you not get in any fights as a kid or in adulthood? do you not know how to defend yourself with out a gun ?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You think these things will protect you from someone invading your home with a firearm?
Good luck with that

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

You think these things will protect you from someone invading your home with a firearm?
Good luck with that

see paranoia , tell me the odds of of an armed home invasion?

do you wear a helmet when showering too in case you slip and fall and split your head open , I am sure that is more likely to happen .

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I regularly watch a show called Best Defense and they run through scenarios like home invasion. Just this last week they admit that a homeowners first line of personal defense should be a heavy dose of mace to the intruders face while having your gun ready in case it doesn't work. This was also taught to me in my CCW class. We should start with the least lethal options first and shoot if you have no other options.

Bull. Someone breaks into my home posing a threat to me and my loved ones while we are vulnerable (sleeping), and I'm supposed to afford them mercy? No, sorry....the only thing I owe them is some new, leaky holes...and that is what they will get.

Yes, I could hurt someone with other weapons (no shortage of those, as I collect many kinds of melee weapons as I have a medieval themed room), or even unarmed, but they are the ones who forfeited their life when they threatened my family. I'm going right to lethal defense. (plus, dead men can't sue or plead their case). Do you know how many burglars sue and win against the home owner they were trying to rob? Madness...
edit on 16-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join