It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Home Intruder Shot, Killed In West Toledo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.toledonewsnow.com...

good morning ATS...well, for some of you. just saw another one of these stories that seem to be becoming more frequent in the news. this particular event happened last night just a few blocks from my home. Toledo, in my opinion has been on a steady decline for the last ten years or more, but i have never really felt unsafe here. i'll admit this does take it up a notch.

with the onslaught of anti-gun propagnda flooding all media these days, i feel compelled to toss this on the growing pile of examples of why folks get very nervous when their Rights are being infringed upon.

the report states that a resident awoke early this morning to the sound of his front door being kicked in. luckily he was armed and did what was required to preserve his own safety. not many more details on this yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Reading the article now, but wanted to say "Good for the homeowner". Thank God he was able to defend himself. The left is working furiously to take that right away from us.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

agreed. i see people in earlier threads saying things like "oh Newtown isn't being used to further a political agenda", but now i think that is difficult to deny. home invasion is a scary situation. and these guys aren't always alone. if even two intruders bust in and you're unarmed, you're likely in huge trouble.

Indeed, good for the homeowner.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Is the fact that one home owner was able to kill this intruder supposed to make me feel safer or something????

I'll only be 100% happy when there are NO home invasions. Until than, NOTHING is good enough.

And I do not accept it.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Home invasions are too easy. Even in areas of the country with relatively high levels of gun ownership.

If we are serious about bringing the number of home invasions down we need violent repeat offenders put down and homeowners everywhere have to accept that the only way to stop a stampeding animal is with a quick and liberal application of heavy lead.

Too many people have that "not to me" and "not in my neighborhood" delusion corrupting their brains.

The criminals dont care if you have dogs, alarms or even if they go to prison. The only thing that'll change their ways is heads on pikes.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

no this story isn't intended to make you feel safe. not sure how you would see it that way. if anything, unsafe.

i think you've got to be pretty desperate to go kicking in doors in the middle of the night. can you eliminate the conditions which result in this kind of desperation? sounds pretty unrealistic to me. in the meantime, what you could do is arm yourself to protect your family in cases like the one reported here.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

i love it when someone says what needs to be said without beating around the bush. you speak the truth in no uncertain terms, sir. thank you for doing so

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just love seeing a criminal get what he deserves.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
With incidents like this in the news more and more frequently, how can the anti gun crowd even begin to argue this subject? The "hide till they go away" "use martial arts"
and last but certainly not least, "give'em what they want and you'll be ok" arguments just don't stand up. I'm sorry a person died, but he was "warned several times" and has no one to blame but himself.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
More stories like this need to come to the forefront.

As horrible as it is, these things happen all the time, and the prospect that people may lose their ability the have firearms to protect themselves from these crimes, is scarier than the idea of the crime itself.

Until we can eradicate crimes like these, firearms are 100% necessary.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Why should he have even be warned? If you kick in my door; he didn't knock or accidentally walk into an unlocked home thinking it was his own, he violently kicked the door in; your only warning will be a hail of lead coming your way. Don't break into people's homes, and you don't have to worry about getting shot for doing so.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

We will still need them even then. Governments kill more of their citizens then criminals do.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I regularly watch a show called Best Defense and they run through scenarios like home invasion. Just this last week they admit that a homeowners first line of personal defense should be a heavy dose of mace to the intruders face while having your gun ready in case it doesn't work. This was also taught to me in my CCW class. We should start with the least lethal options first and shoot if you have no other options.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

We will still need them even then. Governments kill more of their citizens then criminals do.

The government was not excluded when I said 'criminals'. They are some of the worst offenders.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

The government was not excluded when I said 'criminals'. They are some of the worst offenders.
I agree 100%. That was not clear to me when you wrote though.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
I regularly watch a show called Best Defense and they run through scenarios like home invasion. Just this last week they admit that a homeowners first line of personal defense should be a heavy dose of mace to the intruders face while having your gun ready in case it doesn't work. This was also taught to me in my CCW class. We should start with the least lethal options first and shoot if you have no other options.
Out and about, I would agree with you. I would definitely use the "threat to force continuum" starting with avoiding confrontation if at all possible. However, if you come into my home in the middle of the night while my family and I are sleeping. If I am awakened to you in my home. I will kill you. I will shoot first and look askance at your dead body wondering why you decided to do such a thing. That is the closest I will come to "asking questions later". My bedside gun is a .357 magnum loaded with 158 grain hollow points. I will put all 6 rounds into your body. Do not kick in my door and expect ay less than a very hostile reception. I will not retreat and leave my loved ones in danger. I will not give you the time to react. I will shoot you dead from behind cover if possible. I will then sue your estate for the cost of replacing my door and cleaning up the mess.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good, another home intruder got what he deserved. Let this be a lesson to people, crime doesn't pay.

I have a shotgun for home defense, because I live in a neighborhood that used to be pretty decent, until recently.. we seem to have a lot petty theft crimes, and home break ins. So, until an anti gunner is ever put in a situation where they needed a gun, they will always cry about how guns are bad and nobody should defend themselves.

I encourage anti gunners to put up Gun Free Zone signs up outside their house, on their car... hell wear a shirt that says "I am Gun Free" and then walk down through the slums with a nice rolex and and some fancy clothes.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well, on first details? I'd say Homeowner 1 / Bad Guys -1.

One down and FAR too many left to go. No one should shed a tear. Not one. He wasn't kicking the man's door down to deliver good humor and warm greetings. Odds are, the police were going to find a body this morning, regardless. The homeowner was able to change the outcome for whose body they had to process as the sun came up.

Good for him. Now I hope he can live with the mental issues that come by thinking of it that way too. Even good shootings are said to tear people up for a long time ...if not a lifetime.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Years ago my wife woke me in a panic to a crazily barking dog and her claims that someone was in the house. This is a surreal feeling I can assure you. Actually no one was in the house and my wife's and the Chihuahua's overactive imagination had set me also into a panic as I looked for something, anything to protect us while she fled to the bathroom locking the door behind.

Awaking out of a dead sleep to the dread of not being able to protect my family has since made me get a gun. Once you have this feeling, real or not, you will see the importance of having a weapon to protect yourself in your home. Just in case.

I'm just lucky no one was really in the house that night and we realized the dog had caught her reflection in the moonlight on the sliding glass door.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I just recently moved from Toledo so I know all too well how it is there, though I think its the perfect example of the insanity in the gun laws & restrictions that are being pushed. and do you know what part of the west side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join