It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just discovered the next Einstein discovery.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What is now? What is the universe right now? These are impossible questions to answer. The now is not something you can describe or point your finger at. It's constantly changing, but it is always now.

There is one thing that is always the same in the now. That is, your awareness. Really, awareness is the only thing there is that remains in the now through all time. Just like light is the universal constant of matter in space and time, awareness is the universal constant of space and time in matter. Now that's something to think about.

edit on 11-4-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

My next post on this thread includes the discovery and puts the pieces together.
edit on 11-4-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Text PinkTextTextreply to post by smithjustinb

Hello!!!
okay I'm not sure I follow what your saying can you explain it better to me please

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I liken the present to a photon, the particulate form of light. I liken the past and future, anything outside of the now, to the waves or probability/possibility of light.

Seems applicable in some ways.
edit on 11-4-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Providence1

I liken the present to a photon, the particulate form of light. I liken the past and future, anything outside of the now, to the waves or probability/possibility of light.

Seems applicable in some ways.

Don't know if you've seen this but it touches alot on the mysteries of light particles as clues to the meaning of life:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
What is now? What is the universe right now? These are impossible questions to answer. The now is not something you can describe or point your finger at. It's constantly changing, but it is always now.

There is one thing that is always the same in the now. That is, your awareness. Really, awareness is the only thing there is that remains in the now through all time. Just like light is the universal constant of matter in space and time, awareness is the universal constant of space and time in matter. Now that's something to think about.

I like to think of it as we're all just mirrors for the universe to use. Reflecting it's ways through ourselves as its muse.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I hear what you are saying Right Now

Hear what Bashar has to say about the here and NOW

Sirric

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Watching Ken Wilber explain the process of Big Mind helps me get into that mindstate of nowness...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Text PinkTextTextreply to post by smithjustinb

It sure is lol I don't know what to say my ADD kicked in when I read this

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by singerbaby0120
[co=Pink]Text PinkTextTextreply to post by smithjustinb

Hello!!!
okay I'm not sure I follow what your saying can you explain it better to me please

Awareness is the only thing that never changes throughout time and space. It never moves. Light speed, unimpeded, never changes. Of course, speed equals distance divided by time. What is peculiar about light is that even if an object which is occupied by awareness were to observe light while it was also travelling at light speed, the light would still be moving at the same speed as it always does. Normal objects would appear to be standing still next to someone going its same speed, but light will change its speed to you because you changed yours.

Awareness is just as peculiar as light. Even if your body is in motion, you can point to your awareness, your self, and say you are here and now. So awareness is to matter as light is to spacetime. Here's the scientific discovery for the history books of that analogy. Matter is light. Matter is a condensed form of light. Therefore, awareness is spacetime. Awareness is a condensed form of spacetime. Awareness is probably gravity.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Sorry, so you learn its usage...profundity...hopefully taken the right way

Essential and vital to learn the meaning of Now...imagine you are a stationary point - this is where your individual awareness lies/is located...this point is the only time you can affect directly (directly is an important qualification)...the past is waypoints of you located within the now (that was then)...these moments cannot be altered (reproduced yes, but never under the exact same parameters)...the future contains all the probable and possible pathways that would/could ensue from a decision made where your awareness lies - in the now...making a choice collapses these possibilities and probabilities to create a new set of probs and poss'...some similar, some way different...

It is easier to witness this, in the profiled lives of individuals who reach similar destination points...i.e. what is common amongst the goal population, if not similar decisions made along the way...conversely, some people who share similar common upbringings/situational experiences do not 'end up' in goal...usually because of a decision made along the way...

How you make sense of your experience of the now is important...the smallest, most insignificant detail of a decision affects you further on down the trail...

A99

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I have a question for you..

Did you come up with it or did i?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

I have a question for you..

Did you come up with it or did i?

No one comes up with anything. People just discover what already is. There is no difference in awareness though, if that's what you're asking. Awareness is the same for everyone. The material that awareness occupies is the only thing that changes. So it depends on what you identify yourself with when you ask that question. Matter or space.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The neatest thing I can think of is that it is right now everywhere in the Universe. Every place that is exists right now. Of course the moment is past, but for a fleeting moment anywhere you can think of has the same now as the moment you thought of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by singerbaby0120

singerbaby,

he's saying that the sense of the inner I awareness that arises as a result of your total physical sense-experience in the intelligent sentient space-time vessel known as the human body is contained in, or rather filtered through an immovable singular quantum point, sometimes referred to as zero-point. it is bit like a stream of images being fed through a fixed mental screen, the different scenes being the multitudinous iterations and metamorphosis of forms in the physical across time and space.

the various complexities of evolutionary scale are parallel to the various levels of awareness that quite probably scale up in a gradient, or down depending on which you look at it, i.e. the quality of the awareness of the sedimentary kingdom is distinctly different from that of the mammalian/human kingom.

it is a circular scale that is simultaneously involving through a manifold continuum (the zero-point), and conversely evolving through and within and without that continuum (see: toroidal vortex), but always returning to that microcosmic center of awareness(...the zero-point...
)

edit on 11-4-2013 by Qi Maker because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2013 by Qi Maker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

What is peculiar about light is that even if an object which is occupied by awareness were to observe light while it was also travelling at light speed, the light would still be moving at the same speed as it always does.

An object cannot be occupied by awareness. An object cannot observe, objects are observed - they are appearances that come and go.

Awareness is the container (it never changes) - objects are content (transitory).
Awareness is like the tv screen - the screen has to be present for the picture (made of moving light) to be able to appear. The screen and the picture are one but the screen is the father (primary), the moving image is the son (consciousness).
All happening presently - as presence.

Awareness is ever present as 'not a thing' - even in deep sleep there is awareness but there are no things appearing - no image is seen.
On waking (consciousness) the appearance appears - the appearance is also not a thing. Words appear and the words construct a make believe dream.
'Who' can live in the past or future?
Aliveness is now.

Awareness (no-thing) appears to have apparent form (consciousness).
Emptiness is form.

edit on 12-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Einstein is dead. This discovery would be yours if you discover it. No ideas original and yet each one can be made different to our own unique liking. What would you do if you discovered that reality was in fact some sort of program following certain rules, that awareness was simply like a connection to the other half of the observational experience.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
NOW exists? This is the discovery?

Itsnowagain has been discovering and rediscovering this every quantum instant of NOW that I've been aware of his existence on this board.

NOW is a quantized indivisible instant that is replaced by the next quantized indivisible instant of NOW. And it goes on and on and on.

Awareness is perception of the instant of NOW that the perceiving awareness shares with all other dynamic wholes, The material, gestating awareness perceives that NOW up to seven seconds after the actual instant of NOW has become the past, and this was proven in 2008 with an fMRI machine in Europe - we've hashed through this in previous threads here, so I won't bore you with the specifics.

I will enlighten you to my own small steps to bring "your" Einstein epiphany to the Youtube universe. I'm nowhere near done yet, but I'm on my way. After all, you can't teach people about NOW until you get them comfortable with what NOW actually is and what it drags around with it when it shows up.

What NOW is.

Why NOW exists.
edit on 4/13/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Why NOW exists.

Have you ever managed to peel yourself away from the present happening?
The present happening is what is happening - nothing else is happening.
This is it.

Now exists, it appears as this.
There is no 'why' to 'this' - it is the great mystery. It cannot be solved, it IS already, it is not a puzzle - it is wondrous art, totally mind blowing.
If you are trying to solve the puzzle then you have not realized the mystery.
edit on 13-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Awareness is just as peculiar as light. Even if your body is in motion, you can point to your awareness, your self, and say you are here and now. So awareness is to matter as light is to spacetime. Here's the scientific discovery for the history books of that analogy. Matter is light. Matter is a condensed form of light. Therefore, awareness is spacetime. Awareness is a condensed form of spacetime. Awareness is probably gravity.

Oh, and this isn't at all accurate.

Photons are not true particles (having both wave and particle properties and zero mass). Matter is particles. Matter has mass. Condensing that which has no mass does not give it mass. And even if there was a way to give photons mass, that still wouldn't make Awareness gravity. Hell, space-time is a relationship. Awareness would have to be a specific and defined relationship for it to be a condensed form of space-time, and for awareness to be such a relationship, it would have to be the result of a specifically repeatable, clearly defined, and extremely limited confluence, which, as an emergent system in its own right, it's not.

Son, what you have here is a conversation between stoned dudes. Go ahead and put together your dissertation, and I guess we'll see if you get a Phd with it.

edit on 4/13/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Son, what you have here is a conversation between stoned dudes. Go ahead and put together your dissertation, and I guess we'll see if you get a Phd with it.

Have you received a Phd with the ideas you have come up with? Is that what you are seeking?
edit on 13-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join