It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite memory ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm going to sound really callous here

I was there at the birth of all 3 of my kids (and the death of one, just a footnote not a fav at all)

I was there when Mrs C crashed my wedding and stopped my best mate and I going to the pub early.

I was there when my niece was dragged back from death's door and just said "Heya" (What a moment that was)

But my favourite memory so far and it's purely selfish

Was taking this babe to the max

I felt like a driving God, I was in a Cody moment, I'd forgotten everything except personal pleasure and challenging myself for a few laps I got to completely let go.

So your favourite memory ?

Cody

edit on 11/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The first time I flew in a plane and looked out the window. I've flown a LOT in my lifetime, and it never fails to amaze me, to think that we little humans are so clever as to figure out how to get tons of metal into the sky, thousands of feet above the ground. Just amazing...

Well, that's my favorite memory I'll cop to HERE at least...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Finally leaving the Marines.

I don't know how many of you served but it was the GREATEST feeling in the world to come home and not have to go back.

Edit: By the way, I'm not discouraging anyone. I had my good and bad times serving. It was just nice getting back home.
edit on 11-4-2013 by TrainDispatcher because: must be filled out

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was lucky enough to be flown OVER two eagles flying and just watch, I was gob smacked
Simply beautiful

Cody

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I don't know how many of you served but it was the GREATEST feeling in the world to come home and not have to go back
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

I see where you're going
But I still miss my Bro's, nobody in civilian life is ever as trust worthy.
Yeah de-mob is a great feeling

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I was told, after a traumatic rape, that I would never be able to carry a child to term. So imagine my surprise when I turned up preggers.

The pregnancy was normal, but when I went into labor things took a nasty turn. After 24+ hours of labor, thbabys heart started to speed up and then drop off. 200 beats a minute to 30 beats. I spiked a high fever and my blood pressure bottomed out. So the docs did an emergency c-section.

They were fast. It was probably less than two minutes from the first slice until they pulled out my son.

He was silent.

Terrified, in pain, and panicked, I cried out my son's name.

Then he began to cry. Most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

That, my friends.....was a great day.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

One of the most beautiful and profound things i have ever read or heard of.Thank you for sharing that,Smylee.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My earliest favourite memory,was one was from when i was 2/3,and its to this day,one of my most precious,along with the births of my 3 children.

I was sitting on my adoptive mother's lap,we were returning from visiting her sister.She was wearing a pink dress, in a fabric fashionable in the 60's,crimplene.A light pink dress with a white daisy pattern,with a strand of pearls around her neck,and i was snuggled up against her.She hugged me,and i felt such a feeling of love,and genuinely being cared for-to this day,when i hug my kids,sometimes that memory pops into my mind.Pink dress+white daisies+pearls=a mom's love.

She changed soon after that,and became very abusive+mentally unstable.There were of course, times afterwards we had a laugh together,or she showed me kindness,or did me a favour,i mean she was'nt a monster 24/7-but that pink-dress-day is an indelible memory of feeling absolutely loved by her,before the badness set in.

When my 21yo daughter was born,she was premature,at 28 weeks-that is another high point of my life-they handed her to me for a minute before she was rushed of to the neonatal icu where she would spend a month-but she looked up at me in that minute,and it looked like her eyes were trying So hard to focus,to see me-magic,absolutely unforgettable.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh and baby chickens-fluffy yellow chicks.My mother always kept poultry of various types-and it was so exciting when the chicks hatched-once they got to the yellow fluffy stage,i would love picking them up,and smelling them,they smelled soooo good! like sunshine.When my kids were little(my son still is) i would smell the backs of their necks sometimes when giving them a hug-and immediately that chick-smell would come flooding back-and i would tell them,like i still tell my l'il guy:"You smell like sunshine
"

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm sure my favorite memory happened sometime in the 80's.

I just don't remember it because it's all a blur.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Being there for the birth of my grandchild, followed by waking up to smelling breakfast cooking at my great grandmother's house as a child. In third place is taking all my friends riding around all day in a borrowed Rolls Royce Silver Ghost- at age 14!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by cody599

LOL This reminded me of when a friend, an ex-heroine addict said this to me, "I had the most beautiful wedding. I know because I saw the pictures when I got straight."

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Lmao I knew because I worked 2 good job's and never had two pennies to rub together.

Must have had a good time.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Besides the birth of my children, meeting my sweetheart, and those usual memories that are beyond great -- for me it has to be one of these...

My son's look of awe, appreciation, joy and amazement at seeing the ocean for the first time at Longboat Key. Priceless.

My other son's look of awe and wonder at the edge of the cliffs on Ireland's west coast, at age seven. He started to cry suddenly, and told me it was just so beautiful. Totally out of character and unexpected. He also started to cry at age five when we were watching a movie in a theater about environmental concerns (sea birds covered in oil sort of thing) with the Circle of Life song playing. I realized what a tender soul he was - despite the outer shell of being a tough kid.

Okay, one more...driving the backroads from Cashel towards Thomastown, a bit lost, and suddenly, outside of Kells, remembering where I was and everything being so familiar that I was "home" again and my joy was unbridled. If I could bottle that feeling of joy, lightness, sense of home and bliss - I'd be a wealthy woman.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My favorite memory is when I learn about others. I continue to do that in fact! It's like stepping into another world. Where I learn about their success and failures. In return their trials help me define my life as it is today. In a way it is my favorite memory.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Mini golfing with my Mom and Dad... all memories of my childhood when I was with them each or both. They're both gone from me now and I miss them. But when they were here, it was the best time of my life.

I do have dear memories of having my kids and when they were young like all good Mothers do, don't get me wrong... but you literally don't know what you have until it's gone.

That is why my best memories are of when they were still mine.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I had the most wonderful grandparents in the world. They died before I was 13. My grandma (nanny) would cook me pan sized pancakes that were perfect and give me coffee. She took me to bingo and we walked everywhere in a small town.

Grand Pappy drove me crazily to get my hair cut every so often and he would buy me the old fashioned large lollipops every time for being a good boy. Lollipops you only see in Willy Wonka. In his convertible. He was in his late 80's at the time. Yeah, look out for the grandpa driving. LOL. He died in his mid 90's.

This was back in the 70's. A time gone by. A time that most kids will never experience. I'm so blessed. What a beautiful period.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

My son's look of awe, appreciation, joy and amazement at seeing the ocean for the first time at Longboat Key. Priceless.
reply to post by Galadriel

My son sitting on the breakwater in Bude

Watching the waves come in, then turning around with a really contented look and saying

"Dad....................this is better than telly" At that moment I knew 100 % he was my boy.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I was told, after a traumatic rape, that I would never be able to carry a child to term. So imagine my surprise when I turned up preggers.

The pregnancy was normal, but when I went into labor things took a nasty turn. After 24+ hours of labor, thbabys heart started to speed up and then drop off. 200 beats a minute to 30 beats. I spiked a high fever and my blood pressure bottomed out. So the docs did an emergency c-section.

They were fast. It was probably less than two minutes from the first slice until they pulled out my son.

He was silent.

Terrified, in pain, and panicked, I cried out my son's name.

Then he began to cry. Most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

That, my friends.....was a great day.

smylee
What can I say ?
You never cease to amaze me. Thanks for sharing

Cody

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by cody599

I just couldn't see through the perm in the 80's

I was a fashion disaster

top topics

<<   2 >>

join