It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity Survival - Why Everything Does What It Does

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here's the latest from the Luin think tank.

The truth is that Identity Survival is the primordial definition of existential survival, and the pursuit of Identity Survival explains the WHY behind literally everything that exists and occurs. From artistic treasures to school shootings, it's the sole existential imperative, regardless of whether the pursuer realizes that this is what's being pursued or not.

Time, gravity, love and evil. It's the pursuit of raw survival of Identity, and that's what it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Time, gravity, love and evil. It's the pursuit of raw survival of Identity, and that's what it is.

You are one of my favorite all time ATS members, and I know you wake up thinking about this sort of stuff, just like me.

I can't argue with you a bit; it's so true, but somehow I think (or at least like to think) that what is described is a syndrome that mankind suffers from due to a misunderstanding of the mind.

Thanks for a late breakfast.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

The truth is that Identity Survival is the primordial definition of existential survival, and the pursuit of Identity Survival explains the WHY behind literally everything that exists and occurs.

Identity is an idea made of time which does not exist presently. Yet it fights to survive!
Nothing is happening.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The field is the sole governing agency of the particle.
Albert Einstein.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I cannot watch the vid right now (stuck at work), but if it's anything like your last, I can't wait to see it.

However, isn't Identity Survival an extraneous teleological principle? Doesn't it seem to be a consequence of a stronger drive?

Maybe I'm off-topic because I haven't observed the video. If so, excuse my question.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

You are one of my favorite all time ATS members, and I know you wake up thinking about this sort of stuff, just like me.

I can't argue with you a bit; it's so true, but somehow I think (or at least like to think) that what is described is a syndrome that mankind suffers from due to a misunderstanding of the mind.

Thanks for a late breakfast.

Thanks for the kind comments.

So, what do you mean by a syndrome that mankind suffers from due to a misunderstanding of the mind? I'm curious about what you're suggesting.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The truth is that Identity Survival is the primordial definition of existential survival, and the pursuit of Identity Survival explains the WHY behind literally everything that exists and occurs.

Identity is an idea made of time which does not exist presently. Yet it fights to survive!
Nothing is happening.

I realize that it directly contradicts your well-established, and succinctly branded philosophical stand on the nature of reality, but isn't it just the most ironic thing that you are one of the most virulent establishers and defenders of unique and inimitable Identity on this entire board. So relentless in your promotion and defense of your own inimitable Identity that I didn't even have to actually read your post to know what you were going to reply concerning the existence of Identity. I find it to be wonderfully ironic, given your post here. Thanks for helping me prove my assertion.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Albert Einstein.

Residual information is the sole governing agent of the matrixed event trajectory.

Never forget that Einstein was a man of his time period. A time period that existed 100 years ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I cannot watch the vid right now (stuck at work), but if it's anything like your last, I can't wait to see it.

The music's better. I remixed kd lang's Constant Craving for the music bed. I love that song. It really works for the video's visual high points.

However, isn't Identity Survival an extraneous teleological principle? Doesn't it seem to be a consequence of a stronger drive?

Maybe I'm off-topic because I haven't observed the video. If so, excuse my question.

That's a good question, and the truth is that existential Identity is the sole requirement for physical existence, making it the bottom line when Survival is the topic under discussion. There is no stronger requirement. It literally pulls the next quantum of action into existence. Keep in mind that progression is pulled by requirement, never pushed by opportunity. If it's not required, then it's not done, and that's just how physical reality works.

Identity Survival exists on all levels and as a requirement, it is served by literally everything that is dynamic - including all forms of dynamic information (information that's been configured and put into purposeful action by a material brain of some sort). This is why some human beings commit self destructive acts - even suicide - as an Identity establishment, preservation and promotion effort. The human mind persists, and depending on the specific archetype that's been chosen for that mind's own Identity template, material self-annihilation can be critical to the Identity that's being pursued. It can get really weird when a human being is being built by its material brain. Unique and inimitable are the only criteria in the effort. That said, there are always those Identity archetype templates that insist on widespread notoriety as nonnegotiable. I've seen my share of these tragic folks serving their inimitable versions of those hellish templates, having done many years in the music industry.

I realize that many people can't wrap their minds around the idea of non-conscious, non-material physical existence being hellbent on Identity Survival, but that's okay. Revolutionary notions don't initially emerge as common knowledge. It takes generations - sometimes - for common knowledge to become common.

edit on 4/11/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Nothing is happening.

I realize that it directly contradicts your well-established, and succinctly branded philosophical stand on the nature of reality, but isn't it just the most ironic thing that you are one of the most virulent establishers and defenders of unique and inimitable Identity on this entire board. So relentless in your promotion and defense of your own inimitable Identity that I didn't even have to actually read your post to know what you were going to reply concerning the existence of Identity. I find it to be wonderfully ironic, given your post here. Thanks for helping me prove my assertion.

Being is the only entity. This right here and right now is being everything there is.
Yet there is a belief in a separate entity and the illusionary separate entity struggles to survive- it only exists in time - and time does not exist presently - only presence IS.
It is the cosmic joke.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Are you saying that this statement is wrong?

Do you understand what the above statement means? What did Einstein mean when he said it? Can you think it through and let me know how you interpret it? In English please - 'residual information' and 'matrixed event trajectory' mean absolutely nothing to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Do you understand what the above statement means? What did Einstein mean when he said it? Can you think it through and let me know how you interpret it? In English please - 'residual information' and 'matrixed event trajectory' mean absolutely nothing to me.

I can't help you if you're particle-centric in your view of material existence. Particles are the intellectual crutch of those confined to a strict empirical approach to science, and either incapable of or resistant to realizing the necessity of inference and responsible extrapolation when factoring out the aspects of physical reality that are inherently imperceptible to the human researcher.

Einstein - in spite of his brilliant outside-the-box view - ultimately had no idea what the substructural nature of material existence actually is, and the governing agency that is ramification-contextual precedence never really became real to him or the great minds of his time. They weren't supermen. They changed the world, but only as much as anyone ever could at any one time. They called that agency "the field" with the term serving as a placeholder for whatever that non-material force would someday be revealed to be.

Well it's that day, and "the field" is the residual information that is the result of ramification, and that establishes contextual precedence in the same way that court rulings and judicial interpretations establish legal precedence in most Western legal systems. If something - a specific confluence of circumstance (an event trajectory, or suite of contextually associated event trajectories) and informational dictate - results in a successful extension of survival (in whatever manner it's manifested) then that win becomes a "do it again" precedence, as has been repeatedly noted over the last 100 years or so within the field of evolutionary biology. What Darwinians fail to realize is that this "do it again" default response to success exists at all levels of material existence, and that the observable biology is reactive to that default, and not initiative.

Someday, someone here is going to suddenly go "Oh...okay...I get it" after one of my posts concerning the primordial nature and impact of information that is associated with the larger contextual environment (or reality confine) and how it builds over immeasurable stretches of time until extremely finite possibility avenues form that are based on what's been successful versus what has not been successful concerning simple Identity Survival as pursued by everything that is inherently dynamic. This is the only place I share this stuff freely, and I do so to see what works (as explanation or illustration) as opposed to what doesn't work. So, I'm actually okay with people NOT getting it, when I work to explain it. It's like my own research lab, focused on crafting the nature of my presentation. This is extremely counterintuitive information, and not at all easy to explain or to readily internalize.

That it's accurate and representative of physical reality is almost besides the point.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

So, in your opinion, Einstein didn't know what he was talking about. You assume he must be wrong because you do not understand his meaning.

Where does the event or information reside?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I can't help you if you're particle-centric in your view of material existence. Particles are the intellectual crutch of those confined to a strict empirical approach to science, and either incapable of or resistant to realizing the necessity of inference and responsible extrapolation when factoring out the aspects of physical reality that are inherently imperceptible to the human researcher.

So I am 'particle-centric' in my view am I?
The particle is controlled by the field - all is just happening as one.
In reality there is nothing a part from the field.

Maybe if you tried to speak with words people know you might get your point over. It seems you just try to be clever with words but it does not help anyone say 'oh....I get it now'. Honestly - it is impossible to translate into any sense, you use the concept 'matrixed event trajectory' which is not used anywhere else in the world (an original thought of yours?). Kevin Brian Carroll seems to be the inventor of the concept (that is your name isn't it?).

Someday, someone here is going to suddenly go "Oh...okay...I get it"

Who needs to get what?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Maybe if you tried to speak with words people know you might get your point over. It seems you just try to be clever with words but it does not help anyone say 'oh....I get it now'. Honestly - it is impossible to translate into any sense, you use the concept 'matrixed event trajectory' which is not used anywhere else in the world (an original thought of yours?). Kevin Brian Carroll seems to be the inventor of the concept (that is your name isn't it?).

I'm Kevin Brian Carroll. That's my name. I use Nor'Easter for music stuff online and Libertine when I do video or graphics work. It's just something that developed over the years. So yeah, that means that I did the whole goddamn thing - just like pretty much everything I do. Luin funds and business manages my work efforts, and that releases me from dealing with that bullsh*t.

A matrixed event trajectory is an apical holon trajectory that consists of many event trajectories in organized association. A really easy to picture example is a football game. The apical holon trajectory is the game itself as an event. Within that apical event holon are countless contributing event trajectories (the football's many and varied movement trajectories, each player's movements throughout the game, the flow of blood cells within each player's body throughout the course of the game, the electrons orbiting each player's atoms' nuclei from instant to instant throughout the game) in ceaseless confluence from the beginning of that game until the last second of play. This entire mass of concurrent and consecutive event trajectories creates a matrix of contributing trajectory holons that combine to create the apical holon trajectory that is the football game itself. This is what I mean by a matrixed event trajectory.

Someday, someone here is going to suddenly go "Oh...okay...I get it"

Who needs to get what?

The fact that there's a very new understanding of the true nature of physical reality, and the unique nature of the human being as integral to the whole of physical reality. You really have no idea just how profound the change is going to be. Most of it does require new descriptive terms, but why wouldn't that be the case. It's always been the case whenever a paradigm shift has occurred.

edit on 4/12/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Hey,

Thanks for asking, I have been carrying around your question for a couple of days now trying to figure out how to respond. I want to say that by a syndrome involving a misunderstanding of the mind, I wanted to mean that there are all of these misconceptions about the mind that are keeping us locked in to the circular-identity-circus.

But I can't do it in a way that escapes identity survival; at least not yet.

I'll let you know if I can think my way out of it. meanwhile, if you made that video, you did an awesome job.

P.S. Is it me, or is it a tradition on your threads to not star and flag? Just curious, I kinda like the austerity.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

Hey,

Thanks for asking, I have been carrying around your question for a couple of days now trying to figure out how to respond. I want to say that by a syndrome involving a misunderstanding of the mind, I wanted to mean that there are all of these misconceptions about the mind that are keeping us locked in to the circular-identity-circus.

But I can't do it in a way that escapes identity survival; at least not yet.

I'll let you know if I can think my way out of it. meanwhile, if you made that video, you did an awesome job.

P.S. Is it me, or is it a tradition on your threads to not star and flag? Just curious, I kinda like the austerity.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Bybyots because: .

I think it is a tradition.
To be honest, I kinda like the austerity of it too.

It may be what I like about this place. I stay pretty grounded here.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Where can we trace our essence back to? how closely are we really related to our parents, and their parents, and their parents, and their parents, and each other, and everything?

You say reality is immaterial, and is actually just fields... and the fields create events and actions, and the entire point or function, or value of the universe, is for these events and activities to exist for as long as possible, and influence as much as possible... But who is in charge? there are limits as to what can happen, the fields of energy and matter do seem to obey strictish laws, and as much stuff as their is and ways it can interact, there are even more things that cannot happen at any given moment. so these fields are bouncing around, and interacting, and want to exist, because the existential survival imperative is the most/only important thing or meaningful thing, but everything that occurs is causal, so like you and I were just born, caused to come into existence as ourselves... just like any field, that was caused by the interaction of two other fields, so how do you view the interplay between this deterministic chaos, and the spontaneous arrival of existing as a conscious, relatively free willed entity in the middle of all this?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to [url= by NorEaster[/url]

Interesting concept. How does your hypothesis take into account dissociative identity disorder? Or suicide for that matter? Do you see the lack or dislike of ones own identity as what drives the underlying self-destructive motive?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The concept of identity survival as the sole existential imperative is attractive in its simplicity and clarity. However, I believe that there is another imperative which impels towards non-identity, or dis-idenitification.

The gravity which sustains the identity of planet Earth is very powerful, and yet there are strong urges within many on this planet to break beyond its spell and explore the galaxy, just as there are those who feel compelled to reach beyond the identity of self and experience what lies beyond this phenomenological existence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join