It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBC chief apologizes for foreign workers controversy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

RBC chief apologizes for foreign workers controversy

www.cbc.ca

In an open letter released Thursday, Nixon said RBC is reviewing its relationships with suppliers and its policies "with a continued focus on Canadian jobs and prosperity, balancing our desire to be both a successful business and a leading corporate citizen."

"While we are compliant with the regulations, the debate has been about something else," Nixon wrote. "The question for many people is not about doing only what the rules require — it's about doing what employees, clients, shareholders and Canadians expect of RBC. And that's something we take very much to heart."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Disgusting! The Royal Bank of Canada punches all Canadians in the face.
edit on 11-4-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Mr. Nixon has developed a sudden case of "sensitivity".

RBC is now in obvious damage control mode. Canadians are really sick of deception and the apparent disregard big corporations have for their workers and the general population.

Perhaps more people withdrew their money and closed their accounts?

While we all recognize the need in some places for this foreign workers program, when it is used at the expense of existing Canadian workers, it gets our blood boiling. Canada's biggest bank is now assuring us that the Canadian workers will not be losing their jobs. This is quite a change, and a happy result of justified national outrage.

CBC reports that the call centers will be remaining in Canada.

I don't think we will shut our eyes again. Sheez, Canada, we really must stand on guard for thee!

We must keep on being vigilant and we must keep speaking out. I for one will not be banking with the RBC. While I welcome all positive changes, my trust has not been regained.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-4-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh yes RBC.

First you say that your employees are lying. Then you say, that they weren't really lying, but confused about what was going on. Then you come out and say that you are following all the laws and regulations, yet refuse to disclose the information regarding those worker's visa status.

Now, you want us to believe that you are sorry, and are doing 'everything' in your power to ensure Canadian job growth and opportunity?

What a load of crap. The banks have already received a bail out from us to the tune of 114 Billion dollars.

RBC received 8 billion dollars. Which is more than half to the total net value of it's parent company PNC Financial services.

But yeah, I believe you have our best interest at heart...

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Never forgive the RBC.

never forget this.

Move your spuds to a treasury branch or credit union ASAP.

Then when you do it, let them know why.

Scum.

Edit:

1 800 769-2511

Don't push any buttons. Almost immediately you will get a live customer service rep.

Let them know how you feel.

edit on 11-4-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
First they deny it. Then they say everyone is doing it. Finally, they admit it and apologize.

This is the way of the Con.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Exactly right. I just wonder how heavily the government leaned on them to set things right. I also wonder how man people acted with their feet and pulled their money out of there.

Here's their stock performance in the past day

It's been on the way back since the apology.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Saying isn't enough, lets see action. There are enough who know and are very upset over this so I believe action, like stopping this program, and compensating for the pain losses to the employees is needed, retroactively for all their other similar abuses.

And I'm the only one who flagged this, come on guys, this is important. Lets send them a big message.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There' a lot of damage control going on by the Harper government too who says they will be putting stricter reins on the program. In the meantime Evan Solomon said that of the new jobs created in the last year, over 29% went to foreign workers. That is a lot!

We are also learning tonight that Igate pays these workers 80% less than Canadian employees.

new topics

top topics

join