It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea cannibalism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicuttyOk learn it from the horses mouth. These are N Korean defectors being interviewed. I 'm pretty sure you will call them liars. Because their words don't confirm your views.

The horses mouth according to who? I do not know that woman. I can not confirm what she says is the truth. It is simply her word. I cannot call her a liar simply because I do not know if she is speaking the truth or not. I suppose you believer her? You buy her story?

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Well then allow me to help with some sources

Blogs and yer more "Reports of...". Speculation and hearsay. Void of anything factual and backed with evidence. Better luck next time.

I do know how this works and you must back up your argument as well. So, please show us exactly how this is propaganda. I'll wait......

Seems you don't quite grasp it. I'm not making a claim. These stories are unsubstantiated nonsense until proven otherwise. That being the case, the perpetuation of these unsubstantiated claims amounts to propaganda. That's how it works.
edit on 11-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I knew it was a mistake to read this thread at lunchtime...

Now I am in the mood to eat some Korean...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
for you that do not think this is true, you will believe this: go to DPRK hospital get served to Gen staff, www.benningtonvalepress.com...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013
North Korean Hospital Publicity Photo Reveals Cannibalism in Nation's Highest Ranks
By BC Bass
SAN NARCISO, Calif. (Bennington Vale Evening Transcript) -- In an apparent propaganda blunder Tuesday, which attempted to depict North Korean leader Kim Jong-un as a champion of his people by dedicating a new hospital, international watchdog organizations found evidence of cannibalism at the top of the country's social and economic food chain. What had always been suspected became reality today -- the North Korean elite eat their poorest citizens. State media agency KCNA released the publicity photo of Kim Jong-un visiting the Taesongsan General Hospital, being constructed by the national army, as a goodwill message. But by showing a staff of chefs instead of surgeons, the grotesque horrors visited upon the North Korean people by their leaders were revealed to the world on film.
No wonder they look like Piranhas.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Doesn't matter what I post or what sources are quoted. This quote will always apply to you.

" It's not denial, I'm just selective about the reality I accept"

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I can provide links if you are too lazy to type "Cannibalism in North Korea" into a search engine.

I did exactly that and i couldn't find anything really substantial? And the reports are from like January, so it's not like the current situation over there is making this happen

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Maybe N Korean news outlets can use American news reports of Jeffery Dahmer or some guy ripped on bath salts eating someones face off to show Americans are cannibals.
Propaganda is a useful tool.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Doesn't matter what I post or what sources are quoted. This quote will always apply to you.

" It's not denial, I'm just selective about the reality I accept"

Who's reality? In your reality the N.Koreans eat there own. You're convinced of it. Inmy reality I do not know whether the N.Koreans eat there own or not. The only difference between us? You're easily convinced. Reality is what you make it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
for you that do not think this is true, you will believe this:.. www.benningtonvalepress.com...

If you believe that photo is evidence of cannibalism, LOL,

Serously, LOL

edit on 11-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

this lady wrote an excellent book on the country- admittedly the cannibalism in it is going back to the 90s, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was still on going.

Feel so very sorry for people born into that freakshow of a country with the leaders they have endured
edit on 11-4-2013 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ok I had to look at some post. You don't believe eyewitnesses, you don't believe News reports.

But here is a quote from one of your post while arguing with phage.

This is on chemtrails at least I found something you believe in.

I guess no creditable source is Ok if your "REALITY" will let you except it.

Works both ways. Care to provide evidence that the only thing coming out the back of aircraft are contrails? I mean it's quite a claim. Have you been up there and tested them all? Please show us all your data.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It could be propaganda, we know how much tptb like to distort facts. However why would anyone think that it wouldn't be happening? Has anyone heard of "the donner party"? or "the andes survivors"? which is what the movie "Alive" is based on. If not look them up.

Seriously how anyone can say "it's not happening" "no way" is beyond me. Imagine you are starving you are going to die if you dont eat. The pain of starvation I heard is unlike any other, your body will literally shut down slowly. I'd like to think i'd choose death instead but it's been proven by history that many many others have chosen to live. We know they are being starved there, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

I believe we are being fed propaganda but I still believe this is quite probably true. The propaganda doesn't have to be a lie. They want us to hate them to hate them all, they want to dehumanize them in our minds. When unfortunately there are innocent people there who are suffering. They don't want us to care about the innocents, they want us to hate people who would chose life. I can't even fathom the thought of eating another human being, but i've never been forced to choose between death or life.

edit on 11-4-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That reminds me of a video on the web I watched the other day.
most people think they are religious.
and they are superposed to follow the ten commandments.
thy shall Not kill.

But they (the government) need they people to believe
the North Koreans are totally Evil and Need to be killed.

most people dont want to kill.
and would Only do it in self deference.

so the Government tell you that the enemy
are coming to rape your women and kill your children.
they have to get you to believe they are killing a Lot of people for a Good reason.

Can you believe any thing they say about them?
is it All propaganda? do they have any missiles at all?
America has fantastic CGI. just saying.

Originally posted by France
One thing that stands out for me was something that told to me in a college class when we were touching on propaganda. Before most wars the rival countries will spread news of their enemies killing children or babies in horrible ways. It makes it easier for the population to demonize their enemies and accept the destruction of others.

When I hear this about North Korea it always gets me thinking because I have always thought it was notoriously difficult to get SOLID information about life in North Korea. Could it be true? Sure but I'm reserving judgment until we have the facts.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I agree with you.The film 'Crossing the Line' gives a pretty realistic picture of life in NK. Dont see people starving to death in this film. And you certainly dont see anything like cannibalism going on.
Check it out here-www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I can easily believe this. I have an aunt that is N. korean and she talks about how they would make KimChe (misspelled?) and mix dog and or cat meat with it. ( they take a bunch of veggies and meat and bury it in the ground for a minimum of 2 weeks, then dig it up and eat it. The heat in the ground cooks it ) That was over 30 years ago when she first came here.. mid 70's. My uncle found her and married her. She didn't say people but she did say they would eat almost anything they could find.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Well then allow me to help with some sources:www.globalpost.com...
I do know how this works and you must back up your argument as well. So, please show us exactly how this is propaganda. I'll wait......
news.yahoo.com...
www.asianews.it...
edit on 11-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

Heres one from back in 2009:ampontan.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

The links are good (Thanks for that by the way). The How-Do-You-Know-They-Are-Not argument was not however.

Showing proof of an argument = good

God of The Gaps argument = nobody listens to you

I was with you until the crap logic. I think you're smarter than that. But the effort to do at least some research and make your point helped. Although, one of the sites immediately attacked my computer with a virus, but never mind. I'll give you points trying.

I think it is entirely probable that they are resorting to cannibalism in NK. However, I think it is just as probable that the specifics of that are being exaggerated for the purposes of propaganda. The real conundrum here is that both claims are probably true.
edit on 11-4-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
100% propaganda.

1 shred of evidence cannot be found in this thread.

But, I wouldn't doubt the possibility, North Korea doesn't care about it's people, any country that claims it's dictator is divine has some serious problems. Any country that has limited to non-existent internet access is seriously messed up. Any country that pays Dennis Rodman tons of money to visit instead of feeding it's own starving people has some serious issues. Must be one of the worst countries to live in, feel bad for its people.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh I get it!

OMG! THEY HAVE THE BOMB! and now THEY ARE EATING BABIES!

These Godless cannibalistic heathens must be stopped!!!

Right? Sure I see no propaganda there at all...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oh I get it, it's dehumanize the North Koreans time. Soylent Green is North Koreans!

There are cannibals all over the planet. Why it has to get nationalistic because we're at the brink of war is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is one reason I'm not to worried about N. Korea. The people themselves are starving. Look at their soldiers, some of them look like they have no fight in them at all, and very unhealthy.

They also claim to have discovered a unicorn cave a few months ago...Maybe that is their secret weapon after all, perhaps they have a robot unicorn. *cues Erasure song Always*

Edit to add:

Perhaps insead of the asian dish "Hunan Beef" they've quietly replaced it with "Human Beef"?

Seriously, my family was at a Chineese place a few weeks back and my mother (god bless her) thought the menu said "Human Beef".
edit on 11-4-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

Probably shameful how hard I laughed at "Soylent Green is North Koreans". Thanks for that.
I might need it on a shirt now.

But on topic: propaganda is a dangerous thing; believing it, moreso. We've had cannibals here in the US. It's not unreasonable to think Best Korea has cannibals, too. People are great just as often as they completely suck... on other people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join