It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones being used to guard against one horned Rhino poachers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread, but since drones are aircraft, and I believe it's a project, I thought I'd put it in here. If it doesn't belong in here, then mods could you please move it? Thanks.

I think this is a great idea to use drones for, because certain animals are becoming more extinct because of hunters. We could use drones to guard certain areas(like here) for almost extinct animals. This particular animal of course is the one horned Rhino. It's a rare animal. According to the link(which will be posted), the species in the early 1990 fell to nearly extinct.

The species fell to near extinction in the early 1990s and is currently listed as "vulnerable" by the International Union for Conservation of Nature, one notch up from being "endangered."

Apparently, one of the main uses for a Rhino horn is it's used for medicine and jewelry. On the other hand, it's used in Vietnam by many for curing cancers and also for aphrodisiac qualities

The main market for the horn is China where it is used for making medicine and jewelry while in Vietnam many believe it has cancer-curing and ashrodisiac qualities.

What do you guys think of this? Link to the article
edit on 11-4-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

I think it is a good idea, but then again. You take into consideration that the military or/and the government ain't looking into this and thinking that this is 'profitable business' so I think that idea will die out quickly either way.

I think a more eco way would be to actually breed the animals, if you breed you can always get rid of the excess to make a profit.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Bro, YES! Best idea. I was wondering why we don't just do this and stop bombing random countries. This is a much better use for drones. Blackwater - esque groups should go protect endangered wildlife too. Good to see this tech being used for something good.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

may i re-write on of your sentences ? :

Apparently, one of the main uses for a Rhino horn is it's used for medicine and jewelry. On the other hand, it's used in Vietnam by many for curing cancers and also for aphrodisiac qualities

should read :

Apparently, one of the main uses for a Rhino horn is it's used for quack " cures " and jewelry. On the other hand, it's used in Vietnam by many for quack " cures "

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
"Nothing to worry about here folks, this is for your own protection. Please put on your high visibility vests and switch open your BAM (brain activity monitorin) transponders to "open", this is for your own protection and security"

Animal Liberation Purchases Drone

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

may i re-write on of your sentences ? :

should read :

Apparently, one of the main uses for a Rhino horn is it's used for quack " cures " and jewelry. On the other hand, it's used in Vietnam by many for quack " cures "

Yeah. I should've stated that they believe it's for cures. Sorry about that.

new topics

top topics

join