It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your a masochist then you will love IMDb reviews.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So while browsing IMDb looking for some movie suggestions I stumbled upon the page for Jurassic Park. I decided to explore a little bit to see if I could find a review for the 3D release to see if its worth the money. While in the reviews I noticed a filter option that allows you to browse the ratings, i.e. Loved it or Hated it.

Now I browse IMDb quite a bit, but I barely ever read reviews on the site. As I saw the option to sort by "Hated it" I said to myself "Who the hell could truly hate Jurassic Park?" Given its probably not the greatest movie ever made, probably not the most well acted movie ever, but I do consider it a "film" with artistic value.

So out of morbid curiosity I clicked on "Hated it".

And boy was I surprised.

I never knew there was so much disdain for this movie, some calling it Spielbergs worst film.

This strengthened my curiosity, so I set out to look up every negative review for the most popular films I could think of.

The Godfather.

Seven Samurai.

Citizen Kane.

Forest Gump.

2001: A Space Odyssey.

E.T.

I guess I was looking to be infuriated, because every review I read just sent me into a fit of nerd rage that had me actually looking for people to talk to about how these reviewers are imbeciles.

So if you are looking to get angry just look up your favorite movie on IMDb and then read the reviews that give that movie the lowest rating.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Nothing beats the rants of critics on the internet. I love watching Nostalgic Critic or reading reviews on IMDB. I love how they can make fun of shows like Pawn Stars and the Storage Wars franchise while being accurate.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Haters gonna hate.

There's not a single thing on this Earth that everyone can agree they like.

I bet there are some glowing reviews for some god-awful movies as well.

Plus, I'm sure some of them are trolls, designed just to irritate people like you.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's certainly does wind you up. A movie i thought no one could hate but people even hate lion king FFS! How can anyone hate it there's nothing to hate. I'm not even going to look at Santa Claus the Movie lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

That is true. I have seen many a review that comes out in defense of A Serbian film. But I wonder if any one could really write a review that makes the Garbage Pale Kids movie actually look like a decent flick

edit on 10-4-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
Nothing beats the rants of critics on the internet. I love watching Nostalgic Critic or reading reviews on IMDB. I love how they can make fun of shows like Pawn Stars and the Storage Wars franchise while being accurate.

Pawn Stars, Storage wars, those guys that go through scrap yards and old stuff, the other with the fat tattooed bald guy and cocky idiot with auctions and the other show with the redneck swamp people are the worst shows in nat geo / history channel / discovery channel EVER...

they even steam roll those truck drivers in alaska or those crab fishermen on how STUPID those shows are...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I agree 100% When Pawn Stars first started I enjoyed the show. However, when I read the book and saw how fake the show was becoming I lost interest. If you're interested in their lives, how the pawn business works, and what not read the book. It is that good!

new topics

top topics

join