It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to STOP Police From Getting Out of Control at Traffic Stop USE Mini Cameras In Your Car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How to STOP Police From Getting Out of Control at Traffic Stop USE Mini Cameras In Your Car

With the police becoming near monsters TAKE CONTROL follow basic instructions at traffic stops but do not give up your rights. The police are tape recorded and video recorded. So why can't you be also?

Use "mini cameras" posted at your passenger side dashboard or window and "record" yourself and officer" if you are stopped. DO NOT consent to search your car (he will ask "Do you mind if I look?.... say "I do not consent to a search am I free to go?) IF he becomes RUDE or DANGEROUS that is not a streach... he has been recorded. Be sure to have "auto upload" or something that is loading the recording automatically to your emails or youtube.
*** remember YOU are not recording the camera IS... So he cant attack YOU for doing ANYTHING..
"....Sir, turn of the camera.." "Officer I am NOT recording you or operating this camera am I free to go?"

This should stop LOTS of officers "lying" about how "dangerous" passengers "attacked" them so they are justified in putting 24 bullets in your head...

DONT WUSS OUT.. THIS KIND OF TECHNOLIGY EXISTS. EVEN A "FAKE" CAMERA POSTED ON YOUR DASHBOARD may slow down a dangerous cop needing another arrest to make his quota..

"People are FREE!"

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've never been stopped by a rude cop demanding to search my car.

Not sure where you live but I feel sorry for you.

I find that if you simply treat them with respect and answer their simple questions they wrap it up quickly and move on. I've had a light out on my license plate for awhile now and been stopped 3 times for it.

Never had a problem yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

I think Chris Rock said it best in this video

Normally if you are nice to a cop they will cut you a break.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I can envision a situation where a rogue cop asks you to turn off the camera and when you say that you are not operating it or filming him that he says "you're damn right you're not going to film me!" and proceeds to rip it off your dashboard. Auto upload is de rigeur then.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Loads of drivers in Russia have cams in their cars for exactly the same reason.

Kind of shows you where our country is headed.. full blown police state.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am with Hope on this one and maybe it is all circumstantial. I have been stopped by police for moving violations 3 times in my 18+ years of driving. Twice fought the tickets, but in the moment, just was respectful and signed the ticket; didn't mouth off, didn't inform the officer that "I'll be seeing you in court!", etc.

While the vast majority of stops occur with no "out of control" situation, I think some happen because one and/or both parties allow the tension to rise to that level. Sometimes it is the driver, other times the officer; when it is the officer, they should be held accountable to show the justification of why they broke their professional stance.

There are those occurrences where officers have flipped off the handle and until we and the DA's pursue harsher treatment, they will continue. For the most part though, I would say vast majority of encounters are peaceful; maybe tense; but generally peaceful with an "all due respect" type of tone.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
One time I got stopped and accidentally handed the cop my credit card instead of my license. She though it ws so funny she let me go with a warnign to slow down.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I forget the statistic but at any given time in the US there are roughly between 30,000 and 40,000 street cops on duty. Somewhere around that number anyways.

Given the thousands of stops that happen everyday and the one bad one that happens about every month or so, that we find out about, I'd say the percentage of non-hostile stops is extremely high.

People keep saying the cops are getting out of control but I would actually argue the opposite. With today's technology of instant information, photography, hidden cameras I think the cops are less likely to do something out of line for fear of being cop.

I shudder to think what cops in the 60's or 70's could do and never worry about being filmed. I imagine the accounts of police abuse back then were far far higher than today.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have never had a positive experience with the coppers. Every single time I get told to step out of the car, seat ripped out. Searching through your cigg pack etc. But I guess that is prob because it is city cops. I imagine if you lived in the country they would not be like that.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
...the one bad one that happens about every month or so, that we find out about...

I think that's the key right there. We find out about a few, but most are never reported and only a very tiny fraction are recorded.

While I'll agree that the vast majority of stops do not "go bad", police abuse is a growing problem, and is systemic in certain jurisdictions. (Yes, NYPD, I'm talking in your general direction.)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

...the one bad one that happens about every month or so, that we find out about...

I think that's the key right there. We find out about a few, but most are never reported and only a very tiny fraction are recorded.

While I'll agree that the vast majority of stops do not "go bad", police abuse is a growing problem, and is systemic in certain jurisdictions. (Yes, NYPD, I'm talking in your general direction.)

With no factual statistics to back that claim up however, you are just guessing.

I believe that police abuse is dropping but I have no more evidence than you do so basically we don't know. I suppose we could research reported claims, not just video evidence and I'm not really sure what that would show or how accurate it would be.

For instance, does the culture in America today support reporting police abuse more than it did 40 years ago or does it not?

Too many factors involved to definitely say one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by skorpius
I have never had a positive experience with the coppers. Every single time I get told to step out of the car, seat ripped out. Searching through your cigg pack etc. But I guess that is prob because it is city cops. I imagine if you lived in the country they would not be like that.

Well, I lived in the city all my life; Los Angeles, Las Vegas, etc and never experienced it so there are two sides of every coin.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
Loads of drivers in Russia have cams in their cars for exactly the same reason.

Kind of shows you where our country is headed.. full blown police state.

Yep, this is a "just in case" thing to do... Someone can post a "cop cam" near their tail light or trunk and passenger side of car.. JUST IN CASE wouldn't you want evidence if a cop went NUTS... IT happens a lot but does not get reported because who are the courts going to believe? the person in jail? or the police officer that filed the report...

This has never happened to me.. but JUST IN CASE.. this is on my bucket list of things to do when TSHTF......

think about it.. Thanks for your comments.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I have been doing this is my car for about 2 years now. I live in an area that is notorious for abuse of all kinds from the police and so I have taken precautions. .
I have been pulled over for such nonsense and asked for consent so many times that I just refuse to do anything but the bare minimum when it comes to what I do if I am pulled over. And I am always recording.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Well, I lived in the city all my life; Los Angeles, Las Vegas, etc and never experienced it so there are two sides of every coin.

If you're not aware of what is happening in those cities, it's because you are not paying attention. This guy would love it if you aren't paying attention:

reason.com...

They say this gent was involved in this behavior for years. Why do you suppose they let it go that long? Perhaps "good ole boy" syndrome?

How many of these monsters are roaming our streets that have not been discovered yet?:

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

Lessons to take away from this:

1) always use real gear
2) install it so you physically don't have the means to turn the equipment off on the roadside
3) be polite
4) follow orders, show papers on demand
5) never volunteer anything, never consent to search, never argue
6) always remember what you are dealing with

Our founding fathers never intended for us to have this kind of micromanaged relationship with our government. It's way, way out of control.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricR

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

If you're not aware of what is happening in those cities, it's because you are not paying attention. This guy would love it if you aren't paying attention:

Did I ever claim that I wasn't aware? Did I ever say it wasn't happening? No, it was a personal experience and have never had any problems in all my 3 or so traffic stops. So it is hard to see for me the "massive" or "systemic" abuse.

They say this gent was involved in this behavior for years. Why do you suppose they let it go that long? Perhaps "good ole boy" syndrome?

I do not deny nor condone officers who abuse their power. They should feel the full force of the law and it is the DA's responsibility to ensure it. Sadly, we know that doesn't happen because of exactly what you said; good ole boys. But if the People don't speak up or demand a strong DA and more importantly, a strong Sheriff (the highest and constitutionally most powerful peace officer in any given county) then they are part of the problem too.

1) always use real gear
2) install it so you physically don't have the means to turn the equipment off on the roadside
3) be polite
4) follow orders, show papers on demand
5) never volunteer anything, never consent to search, never argue
6) always remember what you are dealing with

Polite and never volunteer is what I agree with here. Others, I would argue that it is well within your Right to either refuse or remain silent. "Terry" stops (as they are called based on a paramount Supreme Court ruling) follow stringent rules. If you feel anything was violated, take it to court. Don't seek the expedient way out.

Our founding fathers never intended for us to have this kind of micromanaged relationship with our government. It's way, way out of control.

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
*** remember YOU are not recording the camera IS... So he cant attack YOU for doing ANYTHING..
"....Sir, turn of the camera.." "Officer I am NOT recording you or operating this camera am I free to go?"

That's where you go wrong. You lie to the police and you'll just end up in trouble. By definition you are operating the camera even if it's sits a year unattented if you set it up or have it setup on your property.
You might as well claim you are not driving, the car is.
edit on 11/4/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
No one using these yet?

I have Dashboard Cam ever since my new car got scratched.

-Record accidents
-Record speed limits
-Record unfair speed traps
-Record conversation with Police
-Record altercation with an individual
-Record hit and run

Also can be used as blind side camera if you know how to adjust it.

HD version can be low as $60bucks.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I've never been stopped by a rude cop demanding to search my car.

Not sure where you live but I feel sorry for you.

I find that if you simply treat them with respect and answer their simple questions they wrap it up quickly and move on. I've had a light out on my license plate for awhile now and been stopped 3 times for it.

Never had a problem yet.

Not sure where you live but a light out on a licence plate is illegal.

Glad to see there are still steadfast rolemodels still out there!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch

LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND ON THE INTERENT TODAY, tHIS YOUNG MAN WAS TAPING COPS AND THIS COP WAS SUSPENDED. Does anyone think that this cop would have not have assulted this boy? or planted drugs? gun? This kid has evidence to get cop suspended with out PAY! How many more African American people go through this EVERY DAY? stop POLICE now!

xrepublic.tv... MUST SEE!

DONT WUSS OUT.. THIS KIND OF TECHNOLIGY EXISTS. EVEN A "FAKE" CAMERA POSTED ON YOUR DASHBOARD may slow down a dangerous cop needing another arrest to make his quota..

"People are FREE!"

<<   2 >>

join