It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia agrees with US on N. Korea, but warns against military drills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov believes that the North Korea crisis should be given a chance to blow over, and urged calm ahead of talks with his US counterpart, Secretary of State John Kerry. “No one should intimidate anyone with any military maneuvers,” Lavrov said ahead of one-on-one meetings in London on the sidelines of the G8 foreign ministers’ summit. “There is yet a chance the situation will calm down by itself.” He also said that the US and Russia have no differences in their stance on the East Asian country. DETAILS TO FOLLOW

It seems Russian authorities are pushing for a non military resolution, Putin also seems to be the only politician that is consistently voicing his opinion on the matter.

At this point it is illogical to assume that this will not end badly, its getting uglier by the minute.

As we all know, all nations hesitated pre WW2 to make the first moves, but this only made tensions rise, which is what we are seeing now.

RT - LINK

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

It will get worse through out the year. You see...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So, how?

Ask US and SK to put away all their toys and weapons so NK has the aggressive advantage?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Russia has condemned North Korea’s behavior as “unacceptable,”

Russia has a stake in this Nuclear pie because of its connections to military arms dealers, following the vacuum in regulation that opened at the end of the Cold War. It also has to tow the UN line to maintain its VETO power and nobody at this point is going to side with North Korea because doing so would discredit that leader beyond repair.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am under the impression that the media lies constantly, exaggerates, fabricates, etc.

I also am inclined to believe the military industrial complex cannot be trusted either, because all they can say is propaganda, by definition.

I find it suspicious and eyeopening to learn about little Kim's schooling in Swiss, and how he really apparently is a globalist elitist which is totally in fashion these days it would seem.

So as a result of my proclivity towards critical analysis, I am left with an inescapable glaring reality.

That this whole NK sabre rattling war-fear mongering escapade is being actively and purposely perpetrated by the Western Media Conglomerates (which is secretly controlled by the govt/military/nobility).

This is a multi-faceted and multi-pronged type of psychological operation, and it is global in scope and long term in its strategy.

How many birds can be hit with one stone? A dozen?

I am finding it very difficult to avoid assuming that NK Regime is somehow secretly negotiating and talking with the power elites from the rest of the world, and they told NK to do this for some ulterior reasons that we lowly citizens can't see due to our blinders.

Think of all of the economic,psychological, etc reasons they would lie about war like this right now to fear monger everyone.

See on ATS if you say something scary, you are attacked and ridiculed as a "fear mongerer", yet the MSM is allowed to fear monger and lie all day with no punishment or repercussions, and they can make everyone foam at the mouth with hate and quiver in fear all they want, and it's fine and acceptable by the same community and considered legit info.

It's quite funny. Also the MSM gets to always use "unnamed sources in the Pentagon" or whatever, with zero proof, and it's accepted by everyone, while on ATS you can't even post a mountain of proof to convince half the audience.

I don't believe the NK lies. I think every single thing the MSM says about world politics are complete utter lies, provable with the books in every library on the planet. They know that no one has time to look up and disprove them on every little thing, and that even if you did, no one would care or listen to you. It's so much funner and more exiting to believe in nuclear war next week and all the action packed battles we can have.
edit on 10-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Possibly the best opinion I have seen on this matter, kudos to you fine sir.

Regards,

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

So you believe all other nations, except for NK lies?

Interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Russia can talk all the 'non-military means' all it wants, but in the end, they too have a stake in the common ground of non-nuke proliferation.

If NK is not taken out, more so when it contempously shot their middle finger at the world with its dire and bloodcurling threats, it will only encourage more nations to go nuclear. Russia would piss in its pants if its former states do that, as those MASS produced nukes would be pointing in one direction - The Kremlin.

Nobody in the east and the west wants war, except NK today. Everyone only seeks for peace and prosperity.

BUT the minute Fatboy Kim's missles lift off the ground, all gloves are off, for the safety of all. The end will be swift, decisive and final, not some shoot and sit back sip tea and wait for the next threat. Afterall, Fatboy Kim HAD ALREADY declared war and that missile isnt some peaceful civilian DHL Express delivery.

NK rulers and advisors had played a wrong card. Showhand is about to be called.
edit on 10-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Russia can talk all the 'non-military means' all it wants, but in the end, they too have a stake in the common ground of non-nuke proliferation.

If NK is not taken out, more so when it contempously shot their middle finger at the world with its dire and bloodcurling threats, it will only encourage more nations to go nuclear. Russia would piss in its pants if its former states do that, as those MASS produced nukes would be pointing in one direction - The Kremlin.

Nobody in the east and the west wants war, except NK today. Everyone only seeks for peace and prosperity.

BUT the minute Fatboy Kim's missles lift off the ground, all gloves are off, for the safety of all. Afterall, Fatboy Kim HAD ALREADY declared war and that missile isnt some peaceful civilian DHL Express delivery.

I don't think Russia is too worried about their former bloc states. I believe Putin and his old guard have a plan to bring them back into the Soviet Union part II.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am under the impression that the media lies constantly, exaggerates, fabricates, etc.

I also am inclined to believe the military industrial complex cannot be trusted either, because all they can say is propaganda, by definition.

I find it suspicious and eyeopening to learn about little Kim's schooling in Swiss, and how he really apparently is a globalist elitist which is totally in fashion these days it would seem.

So as a result of my proclivity towards critical analysis, I am left with an inescapable glaring reality.

That this whole NK sabre rattling war-fear mongering escapade is being actively and purposely perpetrated by the Western Media Conglomerates (which is secretly controlled by the govt/military/nobility).

This is a multi-faceted and multi-pronged type of psychological operation, and it is global in scope and long term in its strategy.

How many birds can be hit with one stone? A dozen?

I am finding it very difficult to avoid assuming that NK Regime is somehow secretly negotiating and talking with the power elites from the rest of the world, and they told NK to do this for some ulterior reasons that we lowly citizens can't see due to our blinders.

Think of all of the economic,psychological, etc reasons they would lie about war like this right now to fear monger everyone.

See on ATS if you say something scary, you are attacked and ridiculed as a "fear mongerer", yet the MSM is allowed to fear monger and lie all day with no punishment or repercussions, and they can make everyone foam at the mouth with hate and quiver in fear all they want, and it's fine and acceptable by the same community and considered legit info.

It's quite funny. Also the MSM gets to always use "unnamed sources in the Pentagon" or whatever, with zero proof, and it's accepted by everyone, while on ATS you can't even post a mountain of proof to convince half the audience.

I don't believe the NK lies. I think every single thing the MSM says about world politics are complete utter lies, provable with the books in every library on the planet. They know that no one has time to look up and disprove them on every little thing, and that even if you did, no one would care or listen to you. It's so much funner and more exiting to believe in nuclear war next week and all the action packed battles we can have.
edit on 10-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Good Post!!! I AGREE!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Everybody want's peace REALLY, what about when the US planned to put its missile defence system close to Russia. they soon up to anti and I remember when the Russian President Menedev say It could cause Nuclear war with the US and lose its ties with the US if they place the missile defence system close to the Russian border.

US response was it was used to counter threats from the middle east. So no not all want peace. I don't condone what N. Korea are doing though.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky

Russia has condemned North Korea’s behavior as “unacceptable,”

Russia has a stake in this Nuclear pie because of its connections to military arms dealers, following the vacuum in regulation that opened at the end of the Cold War. It also has to tow the UN line to maintain its VETO power and nobody at this point is going to side with North Korea because doing so would discredit that leader beyond repair.

All around the world civil unrest is on the upswing.
Political movements are springing up faster than we can list them, and many of them are hard liners with devotion willing to go outside and do something to promote their ideologies.

Note, the keyword here is "political ideology", because from this generalized and vague concept, all other concepts can be derived or linked in some manner. This is why "politics" are so incredibly important, because they govern how everything else works in our lives, and even governs our death.

The power brokers, establishment, tycoons, cabal, whatever you want to call them, the top dogs...
They are managers/shepards/farmers in a metaphorical sense.

They manage us and lead us because they control the system from the top down, as in, what goes is what the boss says goes. And through money we are controlled and enslaved, because without money you die. That's not reality because in reality you just need water and food and shelter to survive. Credit/Paper/Coins were simply advents of the simplification of trade, usurped by the few for the purpose of controlling/milking the many.

That's why I like the farmer metaphor, because we are indeed cattle, and we get milked.

Anyways the point is, there are cattle in Russia, in NK, in USA, in China, everywhere. This is the Animal Farm. Read that book everyone!

Once you finally let go of the MSM lies, about the fake global politic, and actually research and read about what's really going on, like Iran Contra scandal etc you will see more clearly.

Why does the Iran Contra scandal have any importance to today's NK war mongering? Because guys, if the US military is willing to ship in millions of tons of coc aine and create the crack explosion in US cities secretly in order to fund it's operations elsewhere to topple unfriendly regimes, what else are they capable of?

Like I believe anything they say anymore. I realize I am being lied to it's too obvious and repetitive and predictable. The real enemy is the truth it would appear. The free citizens who just want a decent life for their family. That's the real enemy.
Obedience to authority and submission to power is the only acceptable outcome, and as such, many people need to be brainwashed and if that's not gonna work, than war will happen and then everyone will forget what happened and the survivors will be occupied with basic survival / picking up pieces (if anyone topside survives at all).

Using fear and war mongering tactics in the media to get your own population under control is an age old tactic of empire, and if that doesn't work, your cousin who rules the other nation will agree to allow the destruction to commence. Because if they cannot have power, no one will! (I cannot help but think this while looking at the psychology of our leadership structures).

Is NK more authoritarian than the USA? In some ways yes, other ways no. The universe exists in balance if you examine specifics and compare contrast.

Point is, I just don't believe in the MSM narrative because too many agendas are at play, too many motives for this type of thing, too many benefits our own establishment can gain from it, etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You don't know much about the Iran-contra scandal do you?

It had nothing to do with coc aine whatsoever. We actually sold armaments to Israel which they in turn marked up and sold to Iran then sent that extra mark-up money to switzerland which ollie north then funneled to the contras. Cocaine was never involved anywhere in it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

BUT the minute Fatboy Kim's missles lift off the ground, all gloves are off, for the safety of all. The end will be swift, decisive and final, not some shoot and sit back sip tea and wait for the next threat. Afterall, Fatboy Kim HAD ALREADY declared war and that missile isnt some peaceful civilian DHL Express delivery.

edit on 10-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

ex SU states had nukes
most ,like Ukrain, gave em back to Russia

Edit:
they had tech (still have) and scientists - all learned on SU Univs and even worked on Soviet nukes in their labs
the truth is some dont want to have that tech
edit on 10-4-2013 by heretic013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

So you believe all other nations, except for NK lies?

Interesting indeed.

I actually said specifically that I was under the impression everyone lies, and that it appeared NK and the Western powers were having secret meetings discussing things "off record". Probably planning how to fear monger us better or if we really need to use a nuke to teach us to shut our mouths and stop causing trouble, get back in line and back to work!

You are too obvious with your overt agenda hopechest.
Strawman fallacies are your forte, aren't they?

I know you lie for sure. (You just did with your purposely misleading poorly constructed attack post).

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I guess I misinterpreted this statement by you;

I don't believe the NK lies.

Not sure how I could have got that one wrong.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You don't know much about the Iran-contra scandal do you?

It had nothing to do with coc aine whatsoever. We actually sold armaments to Israel which they in turn marked up and sold to Iran then sent that extra mark-up money to switzerland which ollie north then funneled to the contras. Cocaine was never involved anywhere in it.

Everyone read these books that this poster wishes you don't see! (Amazon Book links below, these are older publications with tons of legit sources and high ranking govt backing, plus I found it/was instructed to read it while I was attending TTU).

Cocaine Politics: Drugs, Armies, and the CIA in Central America, Updated Edition

Whiteout: The CIA, Drugs and the Press

D ark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion

These publications will reveal what happened to a limited extent, and will reveal the poster above is either totally ignorant or purposely misleading.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'll rephrase:

I Don't believe the media, especially about NK.
As any sensible rational person with a memory longer than a day should.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I'll rephrase:

I Don't believe the media, especially about NK.
As any sensible rational person with a memory longer than a day should.

With all due respect, if you were to research the history of NK since WWII you would see that their actions today are not out of line with their behavior over the last 60 years or so. They have been consistent.

This has nothing to do with what the MSM is reporting, it is part of the historical record. Even prior to the Korean War when Kim was trying to gain permission from Stalin to begin the war, you can see his use of propaganda and threats to try and make the situation more serious than it actually was.

He conducted this rhetoric, mostly aimed at regional governments, not the US, for almost 3 years before Stalin finally gave him the go ahead to invade the South.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
So, how?

Ask US and SK to put away all their toys and weapons so NK has the aggressive advantage?

No. He didn't say that.

What he said, and it was true even before this whole thing started, is that offensive military drills are unnecessary and can cause more damage than good.

Flying B-2's and B-52's over South Korea, while also stating that they can just turn right/left and hit North Korea, isn't being very pro-peace.

In my perspective, Putin just stated the obvious. You can have your defenses, as long as you don't go poke North Korea in the eye with it. They are loud mouths by nature, this sort of play only makes it worst.

The US&Allies could just have the defenses deployed, and just ignore - in public - what North Korea is doing.
edit on 10-4-2013 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join