It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead' could reach number one following Margaret Thatcher's death

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Tea hatcher (Thatcher)

Bee Tea

Cadillac Saville

Cadillac Devil

I stress "devil"

Politicians and royalty is more about status recognized by the world than it is righteousness.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
George Galloway bidding Thatcher farewell

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

I find it strange that a lot of those dancing and singing were probably not even born at the time, what gives?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Because Thatchers policies are still effecting people today.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
reply to post by DBCooper71

I find it strange that a lot of those dancing and singing were probably not even born at the time, what gives?

Well, sorry to be your first.. but a lot of people weren't alive when Hitler was doing the rounds. This does not stop one from having an opinion, I'm sure you understand.

Personally I'm 38, I lived through the Malvinas 'War' or 'the targeting of retreating ships' campaign... I remember the milk, the mines, the steel and most importantly to myself and my family, the death of the ship building industry. And like I say, I'm only 38, most of her haters are actually older, this fiction of online haters all being 18 is absolute nonsense / Tory bs.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

They're still living with the legacy of Thatcherism....mass unemployment, destruction of industries and unions, the whole reason we have had generations of the underclass in the Uk is because of her........and now this new lot are going after them and the disabled....because this whole global economic meltdown was caused by poor people and disabled pensioners.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Oh I totally agree, I was one of the "Ding Dong" guys... I just find it a bit strange to see them singing and dancing in an almost ecstatic way.

Not sure how to put it into words.

Her legacy has destroyed Britain and people are still suffering, I understand that, I can also understand them having an opinion... but to take to the streets like that?

People that lived through those years, and I was one of them I can understand, the joy was tangible, but those who weren't even born?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah, I kinda get what you mean, the day she died I allowed myself too celebrate for that day ,for all the misery she put my family, friends and neighbours and the other millions through, but if i'm honest it felt uncomfortable (maybe because of the time that's past since them days) then I just tried too ignore the whole thing, waiting for it all to die down...but like a scab I keep picking at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join