It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead' could reach number one following Margaret Thatcher's death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

'Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead' could reach number one following Margaret Thatcher's death

www.independent.co.uk

Lady Thatcher’s death could propel The Wizard Of Oz track "Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead to the top of the charts.

Those who saw her death as a cause for celebration have prompted a download surge for the track.

Within 24 hours of the former Prime Minister’s death, the song had risen to number 9 in the iTunes best-sellers chart. It reached number 2 on the Amazon singles download chart.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Now if this doesn't send a clear message to all those who don't understand just how much she was hated and how little people can forget the damage she did then I don't know what will.

Hearing this on the radio and TV will be a solumn reminder to those in power that they represent ALL THE PEOPLE, not just those who hoist them into office to be patsies and henchmen(women).

"Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead!"

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
the banksters gave her a job to do
she did it

democracy, the art of hiding a dictatorship behind a pretend process of election, had nothing to do with it

edit on 9-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

So the Soviet hopefuls leading the unions were the fecking victims while the West fought a war against the USSR?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hated by who?

Bunch of people who were not even born yet?

Oh yeah that does send one hell of a "message".

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I don't understand why is she so hated? I know nothing about her.

I could research but Im a college student and ive done enough of that for today

edit on 9-4-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Her decisions still effect us to this day. I am old enough to remember the crap this woman pulled!

Had she not destroyed our manufacturing industry, most of these people who wasnt born would have a job today.

edit on 9-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My step daughter who is 12 laughed when she heard Thatcher died. Her alcoholic dad who thinks leaving her at 9 years of age on the terraces of a premier league match told her she was bad.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
reply to post by neo96

Her decisions still effect us to this day. I am old enough to remember the crap this woman pulled!

Had she not destroyed our manufacturing industry, most of these people who wasnt born would have a job today.

edit on 9-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

She destroyed?

Really? Seems to me if people had listened to her England would not be in the world of debt it is now.

But what do I know.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Hated by who?

Bunch of people who were not even born yet?

Oh yeah that does send one hell of a "message".

There weren't many people under 35 at the party I was at last night, mostly people my age who lived through her oppression. Whilst I couldn't give two hoots for the charts any time after '89 it is good to hear that 'fixing' them to make a point is still making news.

Personally I hope she died screaming.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Her oppression?

Love the way people make her sound like a dictator.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob7774
reply to post by neo96

My step daughter who is 12 laughed when she heard Thatcher died. Her alcoholic dad who thinks leaving her at 9 years of age on the terraces of a premier league match told her she was bad.

link please

back to the thread
offshoring the jobs, destroying the manufacturing sectors etc are all part of a banker agenda that has been foisted on all the countries where as that Rothschild said "care not who is elected..."

ding dong Maggie! thanks for leading the way so the rest of us commonwealthers can see what's coming
edit on 9-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Personally I hope she died screaming.

That's the sort of thing that closes threads and deservedly so.

Pathetic.

Simply, utterly disgusting and pathetic.

sick

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I wonder how many times it has been downloaded in the Falkland Islands.

The safe money would be Zero.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Her oppression?

I don't get it either. I haven't seen a single person give a specific example of what she did wrong.

It's kind of similar to how people call Obama a dictator and oppressing us lol. Except there are quite a few specific things I understand why people would be mad at Obama. Still the similarity of calling him a dictator remains.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Even when she is dead she is still more intelligent than you.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Her oppression?

I don't get it either. I haven't seen a single person give a specific example of what she did wrong.

It's kind of similar to how people call Obama a dictator and oppressing us lol. Except there are quite a few specific things I understand why people would be mad at Obama. Still the similarity of calling him a dictator remains.

There's around 10 years worth of material on Youtube, far too much to cram into one post, do your own investigation if you're that interested.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If it goes to number one,I wouldnt be suprised if they pull the same stunt as when The Sex Pistols got to number one during the queens silver jubilee and leave number one blank.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Yeah well i could explain the difference but this thread isn't about American politics.

People revelling about Thatchers death is.
edit on 9-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I don't know why but when I read your posts, in my mind, I am always using the voice of Tommy Chong. Just something laid back about your writing style, although you do manage to get your point across very well.

Anyway keep up the good work.

As for Margaret Thatcher, it is sad whenever anyone dies, especially for the relationships that are left behind. I just hope that those that are close to Ms. Thatcher have not seen the vitriol that has been spewing from this site since her death.

If someone did not like her there are better ways to express the emotion that will not be harmful to ATS nor to Ms. Thatchers relations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join