It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lord Monckton covering up chemtrails?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Currently on tour in New Zealand, Lord Monckton walked out of an interview by Uncensored magazine's editor John Eisen by after questioning about chemtrails - apparently because the controversial climate change "denier" doesn't believe that anything is being added to the atmosphere at all:

Eisen says he asked him: “Do you think these are natural?” To which Monckton replied, yes, completely and that his air monitoring system in Scotland had given him no reason to think that anything was being put into the air.

so Monckton tests the air himself, and finds nothing.....but wait....

Hang on. What about all the evidence from around the globe that shows heavy metals listed on geoengineering patents are being put into the air? Monckton says he wants peer-reviewed evidence before he accepts anything as real – and for everyone to go back to sleep?

as always I am interested in actual evidence - but all the interviewer can do is has trot out the long debunked trope "patents prove it" - which is about as accurate as the other chemmie meme - "contrails can only last a few minutes"!

On April the 7th, Jon Eisen, the editor of Uncensored magazine, interviewed Lord Christopher Monckton on camera. The film, which is currently being edited, will be released online soon said Eisen, and it reveals that the man who said he was a former adviser to Margaret Thatcher is playing an active role in the chemtrail/geoengineering cover up.

I guess he wants to "stick to his knitting" - he is interested in climate change, not the chemtrail conspiracy, however this is not actually enough for chemmies - apparently if you do not "believe" then you can only be part of the conspiracy itself.

It seems that the more chemtrails are exposed as a hoax the more strident the remaining beleivers have to be in order to maintain their cognitive dissonance.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: spelling & typing errors

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So he claims he has tested the air himself? Has he shared the results with other people in order for these tests to be reviewed and verified?

Why would he be testing the air in the first place if he didn't believe in the chemtrail conspiracy or want to get involved in a discussion about it?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Probably because CO2 and other GHG levels are a major part of the Global warming issue, and that is what he is interested in.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So he claims he has tested the air himself? Has he shared the results with other people in order for these tests to be reviewed and verified?

Why would he be testing the air in the first place if he didn't believe in the chemtrail conspiracy or want to get involved in a discussion about it?

There are a lot of reasons to test air quality that do not involved "chemtrails." It's one of the things "chemtrail" believers need to realize...air content is being tested constantly by someone, and nothing shows "chemtrail" theories are valid.

Your city, county, and state tests several times every single day.

Schools and universities do the same.

And industries test because they are required to track their emissions.

Does your local news stations weather department show allergy alerts? They know because someone tested the air. For particulates, which is what "chemtrails" are supposed to be raining down on us.

If you consider just the US, multiply all of these by every city, every county, every state....and you have thousands of air quality tests taking place all over the place, all of the time.

Are you paranoid enough to think that all these people are in some grand conspiracy, skewing their results to not cause alarm?

Or are you sane enough to realize that you don't hear about "chemtrails" from any agency because there is nothing showing up in any test, and there never has been?

Heck, one of the "stars" of "chemtrail" theory even admits that there is no evidence.

Lord Monckton just didn't want to be bothered by a conspiracy theorist/hack journalist. When you know there is no such thing as "chemtrails", talking about them is just a waste of time.

edit on 9-4-2013 by stars15k because: big oopsie

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

When you know there is no such thing as "chemtrails", talking about them is just a waste of time.

so why do you put so much effort into debunking them?
hmm?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

There's a lot of harm done by hoaxes like this - people being paranoid, not going outside, worrying about a fantasy when they would be better off worry about things that do actually exist....

And actually the "effort" put into debunking it is trivial - there is so much actual evidence showing chemtrails are nonsense that it's no problem at all to do.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: note that debunking chemtrails is no great effort at all

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Probably because CO2 and other GHG levels are a major part of the Global warming issue, and that is what he is interested in.

Monckton as opinionated as he is, will rightly not be interested in CO2, (heavier than air) at or near ground level, (like most of the rest in the climate change field) and is easily dissolved in ground water, the oceans and rain. He probably will not be that interested in Methane at low level either, (lighter than air) as it rises and is easily dispersed in the air. Like I have said many times, contrails, which are chemically contaminated anyway, do just fine on their own in increasing ground cover, and it is getting worse. There may also be other programmes that do involve deliberate fast track WARMING of the atmosphere for specific purposes, (that would include various chemspraying activity of some sort) and there have been serious proposals for that in the past, and as far as I can see there has been no "dropping the dead donkey" over those proposals, so you could at least, have given Cobaltic1978, a more decent answer than the one you did give.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

....., so you could at least, have given Cobaltic1978, a more decent answer than the one you did give.

no I couldn't - because I do not know - hence I said "probably" - it is only my supposition as to why he might do this.

You might like to note that I did not restrict my answer to any given altitude.

If you or anyone else wants the definitive answer then perhaps you could do your own research research or ask Monckton yourself?

In fact Monckton is on record as being very interested in CO2 - making public comments about temperature and CO2 trends as noted on wiki

edit on 9-4-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: link to Moncktons CO2 views

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Seeing "chemtrails" passed off day in and day out as an attempt to do something (insert favorite theory here) to people below by someone (insert favorite evil entity here) when the truth is very easily explained by science just really bothers me.
So I did the research, learned about all kinds of science and listened to experienced people and experts in the various fields of study. Then I researched the things available on "chemtrails." There is a big difference between the two.
You should try it yourself.
Stop worrying about the sky. It's a beautiful place.

new topics

top topics

join