It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks cable: request for UFO information after sighting from the King of Morocco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Great description of a sighting from the King of Morocco in 1976, includes saucers and cylinders.

source

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X

Great description of a sighting from the King of Morocco in 1976, includes saucers and cylinders.

source

Good catch Dr X and that doco was sent to (the then Secretary of State) Henry Kissinger from the U.S. Embassy in Morocco - as you say it concerned info about UFOs witnessed over the country on 19th of September, 1976 - even though the U.S. Government claims it does not collect info about UFOs since 1969.

“SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR INFO, UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS”,

25 September 1976

(U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.)

link

This article also mentions that U.S. Embassies are being used to gather UFO information which is then sent on to the CIA and also found it interesting that these sightings in Morocco were from the same evening (morning) as the Tehran incident on the 20th of September, 1976.

The 1976 Tehran, F-4 Phantom Chases UFO Case

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

Another high ranking confirm of a planetary phenomenon...
S&f.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I read the article and may be I missed it, but how do the spot this thing...? Did they get radar blips?

ETA: Must have been eye witness testimony.

REPORTS FROM THESE WIDELY SEPARATE
LOCATIONS WERE REMARKABLY SIMILAR, I.E., THAT THE OBJECT WAS
ON A GENERALLY SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST COURSE, IT WAS A
SILVERY LUMINOUS CIRCULAR SHAPE AND GAVE OFF INTERMITTENT TRAILS
OF BRIGHT SPARKS AND FRAGMENTS

-SAP-
edit on 9-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

Good post its great to see all this evidence coming out

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

SloAnPainful, there's no mention of radar confirmation in the government document so you were right to cross that part of your post out - I'd also wager that when the document talks about 'sightings' of UFOs from around the Agadir, Kalaa-Sraghna, Essaquira, Casablanca, Rabat, Kenitra, Meknes and Fez regions then it actually does involve 'eyewitness testimony'.

If you're interested then the pdf file below goes into more detail about the government documents, it also speculates as to whether the object(s) involved in the Morocco sightings were the same object(s) witnessed by military pilots in the Tehran case.

UFOs Force Government Action

Below is also a good clip where the Pentagon's DIA documents describing events surrounding the Tehran case are being discussed -I don't know if you accept that all the seemingly consistent reports from Morocco around the same time have anything to do with the case but the content is very interesting anyway -especially when a person considers the contents of the USAF UFO 'factsheet' assures the U.S. public that no government agency has ever taken an interest in UFOs since 1969 and this was 1976.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks karl.

Always enjoy your take on these threads.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

You raise a good point. If the government is supposedly no longer interested in UFO reports, why does this document even exist? Something doesn't add up.

And is anyone else now having trouble getting the source link to work, or is it just me?
edit on 9-4-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
someone has changed my link url! WOW never seen that before!....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
here is the full url:

www....__._/plusd/cables/1976RABAT05209_b.html

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
wow this is actual censorship on ATS right now!

even if I post the url into the message it is automatically corrupted.

you have to put w i k i l e a k s . o r g in place of the underscore characters to see the link.

USA land of the free? Yeah right!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Lemme try:

Does this link work? If not, ask yourself why.
edit on 10-4-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

REPORTS FROM THESE WIDELY SEPARATE
LOCATIONS WERE REMARKABLY SIMILAR, I.E., THAT THE OBJECT WAS
ON A GENERALLY SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST COURSE, IT WAS A
SILVERY LUMINOUS CIRCULAR SHAPE AND GAVE OFF INTERMITTENT TRAILS
OF BRIGHT SPARKS AND FRAGMENTS

The reference to an intermittent trail "of bright sparks and fragments" is a classic eye-witness description of something burning up during re-entry to the Earth's atmosphere (particularly when combined with sighting reports from a fairly wide geographical area).

With that in mind, I did a few Google searches for re-entries during September 1976 and quickly found details of a re-entry of 1976-074C / 09051 discussed at the link below in an item by Ted Molczan:

satobs.org...

2. Correlation with 1976-074C / 09051

My query of USSTRATCOM's Space Track database revealed decays listed on each of 1976 Sep 18, 19 and 20 UTC. The decays for the latter two dates do not correlate with the UFO sightings, but the one on Sep 18 did. The object in question is 1976-074C / 09051. Apparently it remained in orbit a bit longer than reported. It was the BOZ ullage motor assembly ejected from the third stage of the Molniya rocket that orbited Molniya 1-35 in July 1976. Mark Wade reports mass of 700 kg, but it is unclear how much of this is fuel. Empty mass as little as 50 to 100 kg would be sufficient to produce a visually impressive re-entry. (It was the re-entry of an ullage motor of the Zond IV launch in 1968 (1968-013C / 03136), that resulted in what became the prototypical saucer/cigar UFO sightings.)

Most members of ATS have probably seen some footage of material burning up during re-entry, but just in case, here is a video of Russian military communications satellite Meridian-5 deorbiting over the city of Novosibirsk after a failed launch attempt:

edit on 10-4-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfootgurl
Lemme try:

Does this link work? If not, ask yourself why.
edit on 10-4-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

You don't need to go to the Wikileaks website to see the relevant document. It is available on the National Archives website in the USA:
aad.archives.gov...

Besides, if anyone thought the document was significant then they could embed the images of it in this thread for ease of reference (unless the aim is to promote some sort of conspiracy theory rather than to ascertain the facts):

edit on 10-4-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

With that in mind, I did a few Google searches for re-entries during September 1976 and quickly found details of a re-entry of 1976-074C / 09051 discussed at the link below in an item by Ted Molczan:

satobs.org...

Star for you Isaac, had never seen that report before and I think it's now safe to say the cause of the Moroccan eyewitness reports was the ejected motor assembly of the Molniya rocket - it also states at the link that its estimated trajectory may have also caused sightings through Western Europe which is interesting as it was also reported that a brightly lit object nearly crashed into a passenger jet leaving Lisbon (45 minutes after the Tehran incident) - if this is true then surely all these pesky rocket re-entries have a serious aviation safety factor.

It should be noted that the altitude profile and point of terminal descent (where the trajectory ends and any surviving fragments descend nearly vertically) is quite uncertain, so although the track is plotted through western Europe, it may not have actually extended that far. If it did, and if the weather was favourable, then sighting reports may exist.

Boeing 707 leaving Lisbon:

Some 45 minutes after the UFO left the Iranian skies, a Boeing 707 jet of the TAP airline leaving Lisbon, Portugal almost crashed into the brightly lit object that shot across its course. So the UFO which was in Tehran, Iran then went 3,200 miles away to Lisbon, Portugal -- only 45 minutes later.

UFO Was Like A Fan With Blades

Amongst other things the UFO involved in the Tehran incident was also described as 'cylinder shaped' -can I ask if you think there's any connection with the object and the research of Ted Molczan?

Also mate, have you ever come any further info or documentation about the infrared anomaly detected on DSP-1 satellite the same time as the incident?

Cheers.

Originally posted by bigfootgurl
reply to post by karl 12

You raise a good point. If the government is supposedly no longer interested in UFO reports, why does this document even exist? Something doesn't add up.

Hey Bigfootgurl, good point and no it doesn't - you're not the first one to ask that question and there are more examples here of documents that shouldn't exist if we're to believe the contents of the USAF UFO factsheet.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

the problem I have with a re-entry rocket part theory is that it would leave a trail and burn up from the front.

The description contradicts this :
"observers reported that the object intermittently emitted bright sparks from the rear."

This is consistent with Paul Hill's observation of a bright plasma at the rear of cylindrical craft which is part of the propulsion mechanism.

Also it would make a sonic boom. No sound was heard and it was apparently moving slowly as if to land.
Not a rocket re-entry.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Amongst other things the UFO involved in the Tehran incident was also described as 'cylinder shaped' -can I ask if you think there's any connection with the object and the research of Ted Molczan?

I don't think the timing (the Tehran incident was, I think, several hours earlier) or the description of the Tehran "UFO" (which hadn't made me think of a satellite re-entry, unlike the description of the Morocco sightings) really work, but I haven't given much thought to this.

Originally posted by karl 12
Also mate, have you ever come any further info or documentation about the infrared anomaly detected on DSP-1 satellite the same time as the incident?

I don't immediately recall any, but I'll try to check in the next few days.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

I saw the original link, what happened to it?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by STARTRUTH49

read the rest of my comments above.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I don't think the timing (the Tehran incident was, I think, several hours earlier) or the description of the Tehran "UFO" (which hadn't made me think of a satellite re-entry, unlike the description of the Morocco sightings) really work, but I haven't given much thought to this.

No worries mate, I just thought I'd ask as it's stated that the Lisbon passenger jet UFO incident occurred only 45 minutes after the Tehran incident - the Portuguese case is also mentioned in Domonic Weinstein's catalogue below (page 45) and describes a 'near-collision with a blue oval-shaped object with rows of red and white lights' but can't seem to find any more info.

Catalogue of Military,Airliner and Private Pilots Sightings from 1916 -2000 (pdf)

I don't immediately recall any, but I'll try to check in the next few days.

No worries again mate - seems Brad Sparks makes a few good points in this pdf file.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join