It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father sobs as collapse kills kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

A father tearfully begged authorities to hurry to his house to rescue his daughter and her cousin, who were buried when the walls of a 24ft deep pit he dug on his property collapsed.

The bodies of the two young cousins, six-year-old Chloe Arwood and James Caldwell, seven, were dug out in Stanley, North Carolina, on Monday.

Hi all

I rarely put a thread on here about American news, because i dont live there.

But i felt that this is directed at us that have B.O.B's (wherever you are)

The sheriff would not say what Arwood was building or whether he had any professional help. He said investigators would be looking into reports from neighbours that Arwood had been building some sort of protective bunker. He said deputies would be speaking with county planning and zoning officials about any potential building code breaches at the site.

Such a shame, I dont know what else to say. sorry for the kids.

news.uk.msn.com...
edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: 4got 2 add source

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I'm sure he had good intentions. But that is what the road to hell is paved with.

Sounds like he watched too many episodes of Doomsday Preppers. I liked the show at first, but as they got more and more crazy looking/acting people with their own respective far fetched end of the world scenario I realized they were just trying to make people that are even remotely connected to the word "prep" look crazy.

I will never forget the episode where this old vietnam vet was teaching kids how to run and jump into the back of a moving pickup truck while laying down cover fire. The whole time he was screaming "WOOHOO baby!! now that survival!" Ummm, no its not.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Hya I was thinking along the same lines...
another person that read to much doomday scenarios
acted on his best intentions but ended in tragedy.
cheers
dave

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join