It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think you're eating Tuna? Think Again.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I recently noticed certain brands of canned tuna include soy. Not happy been feeding it to the dog.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The most disturbing fact about this entire discussion is that the fukushima reactor has been leaking contaminated H2o into the Pacific Ocean for over the last 2 years.

Anyway, Fukushima is the largest modern day natural disaster cover up in the history of Mankind. Where is Al Gore, Mr Environmentalism, Where is he now, I mean really? Where was he even when The Gulf Oil spill destroyed thousands of species and spread it's pollution all around the World? Where are the environmentalists? Where were you people then, and where the hell are you people now?

I am not holding my breath for an answer, so here is mine..... = Al Grore is a liar and a fraud. ~$hepleNation

edit on 11-4-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The OP's article has nothing to do with canned Tuna. It's about tuna sold in fish markets and restaurants.

As for Red Snapper and Grouper, it's been common knowledge for years that if you order these in a restaurant you' rarely get them. Although I didn't notice it in the article the same is true of swordfish.

I'd heard about escolar being sold as Tuna. But it usually has some qualifying word if front that can tip you off, like "super".

Find a good fishmonger you can trust, and you'll avoid all this. And develop the ability to tell the difference yourself.

But, again, this article isn't about canned tuna. This is about fresh fish sold by restaurants, commercial fishmongers and to a lesser degree retail fishmongers,
edit on 11-4-2013 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I read about the cons of farm raised fish but i kind of forgot what the cons were. Do you mind informing me?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by arber123

I read about the cons of farm raised fish but i kind of forgot what the cons were. Do you mind informing me?

I have no idea of the cons.

I just know that If something is sold to me as "Wild" Tuna, Salmon, or Kangaroo for that matter, It f*%&#in' better well be! And not only that it be "Wild", but that it damn well better be Tuna, Salmon, or Kangaroo. Not Escolar, Not Goldfish, not Horsemeat, not Soylent Green!

While there may be health reason why not to go farm raised, it's the deception, and price gouging as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well you're right on that part. I also expect to get what I paid for..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join