It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Transmission Detected from North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I will start off by saying I do not know how reliable this site or source is,I'm just passing it along for your reading pleasure and for you to determine the validity of it.

MID-WEST, UNITED STATES — Within hours of South Korean news sources breaking a story that several Sang-Ho class submarines had disappeared from their North Korean bases, a ham radio operator named Tim, picked up a “numbers station” broadcasting on the same frequency as “The Voice of Korea” propaganda station. What makes this even more interesting is that at the tail end of the numbers transmission there was a long duration digital transmission as well.

intellihub.com...

A numbers station has been used for many years to by intelligence agencies to trasmit secret messages.

For more than 30 years the Shortwave radio spectrum has been used by the worlds intelligence agencies to transmit secret messages. These messages are transmitted by hundreds of Numbers Stations. Shortwave Numbers Stations are a perfect method of anonymous, one way communication. Spies located anywhere in the world can be communicated to by their masters via small, locally available, and unmodified Shortwave receivers. The encryption system used by Numbers Stations, known as a one time pad is unbreakable. Combine this with the fact that it is almost impossible to track down the message recipients once they are inserted into the enemy country, it becomes clear just how powerful the Numbers Station system is. These stations use very rigid schedules, and transmit in many different languages, employing male and female voices repeating strings of numbers or phonetic letters day and night, all year round. The voices are of varying pitches and intonation; there is even a German station (The Swedish Rhapsody) that transmits a female child's voice!

archive.org...

A little more on the article.....

What is more significant is the digital signal at the end of the transmission. Digital transmissions such as this one may indicate the presence of a burst transmission which contains a compressed and encrypted message bound for some covert force, somewhere. Typically a burst transmission is used to minimize the download time at the end point to prevent discovery. The unusual part of this potential burst transmission is being attached to a numbers station as well as the length and the power of the broadcast. Normal burst transmissions are in the one second to two second range. This transmission was in the 10 to 15 second range which is almost unheard of, unless the end point is a submarine. The ham operator who picked up this particular transmission was located in the Midwest of the United States, and he reported the transmission was received 4 by 5 indicating a significant power was used to send the transmission. That level of power coupled with the length and possible submarine end point opens up a new and alarming tangent to this escalating conflict. It is important to point out that the numbers are being read in Spanish but that is typically done to confuse the original source of the transmission. In this case the transmission was detected on a upper side band of the AM range used by the Voice of Korea so while the numbers are Spanish the transmission does appear to originate in North Korea. That fact coupled with the missing submarines seems to provide evidence of the nature of the transmission despite being in Spanish. Its also important to note that the numbers being in Spanish could also be used to employ a different set of codes in the operatives code books.

intellihub.com...

I just thought I would bring it to the attention of the ATS community to take a look at.

Peace,
K

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Very interesting report. Thanks OP for starting the thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Intellihub is an extreme propaganda website, they are .......lets say the american version of DebkaFiles.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wait NK has missing subs?!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Let's not forget how easy this kind of thing is to fake. Unfortunately, there are far too many dogs out there that drool over starting propaganda.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Thanks op,

I was thinking maybe some sort of transmission would be picked up by some guy
On a ham radio, rest assured. If that guy picked it up US military picked it up too.
Wondering if the transmission can be decoded.

On a side note, I've been anti North Korea threads but this one has peaked my interest lol.
Good find op

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I could'nt find anything about a Sang-ho sub. But I did find a Sang-O sub that NK makes. So maybe its a typo.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also the only other website I could find thta had anything about this were beforeitsnews and godlikeproduction.

So I would not worry about it too much.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSep

Wait.... NK has subs?

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Transmission Deycrypted -

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by TheSep

Wait.... NK has subs?

They do.

It is my understanding that they are really old, though.
edit on 8-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That's it run in fear people N Korea has let their Homemade Midget costal submarines loose.
Bring the Navy home, cancel the sanctions , S Korea give up bow to the mighty kim, yadda yadda yadda.

edit on 8-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MidKnight

It's been over 20 years and I still remember that, but forgot calculus. My brains priorities suck.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here is one source for missing subs

Also it can be found in these

Disappeared a few days before leaving the naval base in North Korea, please submersible two. Meanwhile, South Korea military to track the movement of North Korean submarine corvettes to send an additional vigilance. Between the beginning of next week, starting tomorrow. Been obtained intelligence that North Korea’s provocations can

A few days ago, North Korean submarine two disappeared after leaving the naval base in Hwanghae Province Please hid a military source said.

30m small, 130-ton torpedo can carry a two-foot Chinese crew of 10 people, and at depths of less than 100m mission for more than three or four days longer available.

Can anyone find a more reliable source for the radio transmission? I was not finding one.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Twilightgem because: (no reason given)

source of quote

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Maybe it wasn't Chinas sub(s) that popped up in the middle of a navy drill in the Pacific Ocean last year. It was from North Korea! Tricky bastardos.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

submarine corvettes

They have submarine corvettes,like James Bond style?I thought those were Lotus.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidKnight
Transmission Deycrypted -

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start

Double dragon 2 the revenge ?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I didn't translate the quote, just sharing. Good question. You would think that would be a US type sub. Lol

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Peep Peep! Here he comes now!

"HELLO!" said Thomas. "Move along" said the fat controller"

edit on 8-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: s

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Taino

Nope, Contra. haha.
Double Dragon was good too

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid

Thanks op,

I was thinking maybe some sort of transmission would be picked up by some guy
On a ham radio, rest assured. If that guy picked it up US military picked it up too.
Wondering if the transmission can be decoded.

On a side note, I've been anti North Korea threads but this one has peaked my interest lol.
Good find op

I have too,till I saw this and just thought,what if,after watching the remake of Red Dawn.

Not that I would every think that kind of thing would happen,but what if.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join