It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Items That Shouldn't Exist (OOPARTs)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
OUTSTANDING JOB

Don't get discouraged at the critics..

It never ceases to amaze me how the "Experts" debunk things with their own "Theories" and we are expected to just accept and believe their "Theories" because they are "Experts"

It is critically looking at things like this that create and give birth to the most amazing discoveries..

KEEP IT UP

Semper

Yep and folks love to quote PHD this and that and not without good reason. But even someone with a PHD....they get out of line and they are trashed.

It has as much to do with party lines as PHDs.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This thread has all the elements "to be" a cute tongue in cheek allegory of the western dualistic mind.
Would the thread be better labeled as seeding for creative writing?
Which forum does this thread really belong?
Maybe there was an ancient and lost civilization.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Taliesien333

I can give you some pointers if you send me a message.
Not possible on public forum.

I can tell you why our history is wrong as taught and what is wrong with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Byrd

There is a difference in moving large slabs on land and by boats.

The logistics of moving by boat is much more complicated.

Then we are talking about Micronesians, basically aborigines.

Even if it was constructed around 1200AD, it still is a fantastic example of human endeavor.

These people aren't aborigines, but rather are a mixture of Melanesians, Polynesians, and Filippinos -- if you check those people you will find that they had some fairly sophisticated technologies. The ruling Saudeleur Dynasty that constructed the site was apparently a group from a different area.

Yes, it's a fantastic endeavor. There's more research available on it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taliesien333
reply to post by Byrd

If these truly are misrepresented I'd like to read about the proof. And for the amazing things ancient cultures did, how did they do them?

I'm headed out the door and will have to answer at another time. However, for an engineer's viewpoint, a very old book by Sprague de Camp called The Ancient Engineers is a very good (if very dated) read of what we know and how we know it about ancient engineering. Sprague was an engineer, and went over it in the kind of detail that engineers love.

As I said, the book is about 70 years out of date but Sprague was a top-notch and PICKY researcher as well as someone who could explain science beautifully and present the evidence well. Well worth finding in a library, and will give you a very good background of some of what I would cover.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Great thread, OP! This is the kind of thread that keeps me on ATS.
Thx! S+F

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I just figured out the bagdahd battery, in terms of a scroll storage device.
The iron ring at the bottom is to absorb moisture, any free moisture in the sealed container will attack the iron, there by elminating it and the copper tube keeps the papyri safe from mold and mildew as copper is toxic to molds fungi and alge.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Every so-called "Object that shouldn't exist" is, in fact, an object that actually doesn't exist.

At least, not as described.

Harte

Care to elaborate as to why that is your opinion? Just saying... "It's false, and I have no need to explain why, just trust me..."

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
check this one out,

www.cultofweird.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

This is one of the most important real pieces of evidence regarding ancient aliens found. See The Tomb of Sabu Schist. www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

According to conventional archeologist, this thing was constructed using volcanic material in some manner by Egyptians. However, according to alternate historians, this is is none other than a piece of the wheel within in wheel which is used the lift the heavy rocks of the pyramids. The way it works is it uses some sort of sound energy to disrupt the magnetic flow of objects and render them weightless.

www.ufo-contact.com...

According to some of the experts of the Pyramid Code. That is exactly the purpose of the wheel.

This invention has been discovered again by people such as. Edward Leedskalnin who built Coral Caste. However, much modern work on the technology seems to be going slowly in fears that walking apes might discover it. If you have read all nay-sayer remarks on this forum, you know who I am talking about. Leed didn't want these upright mammals getting their hands on dangerous tech.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gu1tarJohn

Originally posted by Harte
Every so-called "Object that shouldn't exist" is, in fact, an object that actually doesn't exist.

At least, not as described.

Harte

Care to elaborate as to why that is your opinion? Just saying... "It's false, and I have no need to explain why, just trust me..."

I'd be glad to explain for the five hundreth time, but (fortunately) Byrdbeat me to it.

Harte

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Originally posted by Klassified
The Acambaro figurines. Can we really expect that modern archaeologists would admit any of these figurines were real, and represented dinosaurs, even if the evidence were overwhelming for just one of them? Not gonna happen anytime soon. Consensus always takes precedent over evidence among academia. Sometimes, that can be a good thing. Most times, it isn't.

Wouldn't common-sense tell us that perhaps those that created the figurines may have seen fossilised dinosaurs?

That would make sense, except for the fact that these figures were created by the natives at the time and sold to the collector:

The Acámbaro figures were uncovered by a German immigrant and hardware merchant named Waldemar Julsrud. According to Dennis Swift, a young-Earth creationist and major proponent of the figures, Julsrud stumbled upon the figures while riding his horse and hired a local farmer to dig up the remaining figures, paying him for each figure he brought back. Eventually, the farmer and his assistants brought him over 32,000 figures which included representations of everything from the supposed dinosaurs to peoples from all over the world including Egyptians, Sumerians, and "bearded Caucasians".[1]

Wiki

A similar thing happened to "create" another set of so-called "OoPArts," the Ica stones.

Harte

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

smyleegrl,

Is that true? Do you have a PhD? Are you interested in statistics?

I wanted to point something out to yourself, and to the web-forum at large.

Your last three threads in the ALC forum have all had multiple points of failure; in other words, the threads consist of presenting more than one, usually four known controversial items.

But these points of failure, each of them individually, might also be considered to be the head of what might possibly become a long tail...

Long Tail

In statistics, the long tail is the large number of occurrences far from the "head" or central part of a distribution of popularities, probabilities or such. A probability distribution is said to have a long tail, if a larger share of population rests within its tail than would under a normal distribution.

The long tail concept has found some ground for application, research, and experimentation. It is a term used in online business, mass media, micro-finance, user-driven innovation, and social network mechanisms (e.g. crowdsourcing, crowdcasting, peer-to-peer), economic models, and marketing (viral marketing).

Go read about it

If I were going to create a catch and release (think 'forged packet') statistical model, in the hopes that it would generate a long tail for analysis, I would create something like you did, with four heads for the sake of economy, with each head being a sort of 'research-soft-ball', that would require people to search elsewhere for the individual bats to hit each ball out of the park, so each head would create a separate long tail of "research", and therefore data to be analyzed.

Please excuse the choppy syntax, I have just over the last three years gone from totally-blind-newb, to just barely being able to discuss these complex topics having to do with Sociology, Economics and Computer Science.

Anyhow, smyleegrl, that's what I learned from your recent threads, I was driving hard with the SOC and CS already, but down a slightly different road, but your threads, the phenomenon of your threads, caused me to start to dig harder and I learned what a long tail is.

And who is using them for what; and I am starting to understand why.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

smyleegrl,

Is that true? Do you have a PhD? Are you interested in statistics?

I've just started on course work for a PhD in education. Because of $$$$,, I can only take a course at a time. So it's going to be a loooooong process.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but I hated my statistics course.

I wanted to point something out to yourself, and to the web-forum at large.

Your last three threads in the ALC forum have all had multiple points of failure; in other words, the threads consist of presenting more than one, usually four known controversial items.

In statistics, the long tail is the large number of occurrences far from the "head" or central part of a distribution of popularities, probabilities or such. A probability distribution is said to have a long tail, if a larger share of population rests within its tail than would under a normal distribution.

The long tail concept has found some ground for application, research, and experientation. It is a term used in online business, mass media, micro-finance, user-driven innovation, and social network mechanisms (e.g. crowdsourcing, crowdcasting, peer-to-peer), economic models, and marketing (viral marketing).

Go read about it

If I were going to create a catch and release (think 'forged packet') statistical model, in the hopes that it would generate a long tail for analysis, I would create something like you did, with four heads for the sake of economy, with each head being a sort of 'research-soft-ball', that would require people to search elsewhere for the individual bats to hit each ball out of the park, so each head would create a separate long tail of "research".

Please excuse the choppy syntax, I have just over the last three years gone from totally-blind-newb, to just barely being able to discuss these complex topics having to do with Sociology, Economics and Computer Science.

Anyhow, smyleegrl, that's what I learned from your recent threads, I was driving hard with the SOC and CS already, but down a slightly different road, but your threads, the phenomenon of your threads, caused me to start to dig harder and I learned what a long tail is.

And who is using them for what; and I am starting to understand why

My friend, I have NO IDEA what you mean. It's not your fault, I'm sure you explained it well. It's just I'm rather obtuse today. Can you elaborate on what you mean? Why is a long tail of importance?

Sorry for my confusion.....
edit on 9-4-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2013 by smyleegrl because: I can't fix the stupid quotes....ugh....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Good enough smyleegrl,

I don't want to do Sesame Street on your OOPARTS thread, so I will U2U with you and we will see what we can learn together.

Don't worry, no math, just a bunch of theory.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was just about to post the same thing as this guy here, nice objects, cool stories, but sadly all fakes.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Knowledge and experience are acquired throughout life, those who have knowledge or more accurate knowledge than others no doubt feel frustrated at reading duplicate threads and false trails/ideas.

There are many ways that one comes across the path to knowledge, and, as we all know, there are many dead ends and falsehoods.

Rather than belittle and or preen and shout your knowledge from an ivory tower, perhaps those who know more may find it more beneficial to encourage and guide.This could turn an interesting thread into a shining example of how to work together and share together. Sometimes it is the fresh eyes that see the truth that can be hidden from even the most knowledgeable.

If all of us on ATS knew everything or spent all day shouting at each other then no new seekers would come near. Don't get frustrated dear teachers, smile and change the way you are teaching. Even language can be a trap to the truth if the explanations are unclear.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If all of us on ATS knew everything or spent all day shouting at each other then no new seekers would come near. Don't get frustrated dear teachers, smile and change the way you are teaching. Even language can be a trap to the truth if the explanations are unclear.
reply to post by current93

Well said. I'd give you a galaxy of stars if I could.

Its not a competition to see who knows the most info, or who can debunk the most threads. Its about learning new things, sharing ideas, and exploring new paths.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

reply to post by current93

Well said. I'd give you a galaxy of stars if I could.

Its not a competition to see who knows the most info, or who can debunk the most threads. Its about learning new things, sharing ideas, and exploring new paths.

I started out that way.

Cynicism ensued after about the hundredth repetition of the same facts.

Harte

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Always remember there is a little X in the upper right hand corner.
It's there for your protection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join