It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
And a new low for ATS. :shk: I will so no more. I'd have to ban myself.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
lulz at all the people on twitter who thought that Cher had died
( 'Cher was ThatChers nickname)

It even got Ben Goldacer

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
lulz at all the people on twitter who thought that Cher had died
( 'Cher was ThatChers nickname)

It even got Ben Goldacer

Poor Cher!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
WOW, all you people celebrating her death (anyone’s death for the matter) make me sick. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Do you have no humanity?
well said i agree i never liked the woman but celebrating someones death!!! its is wrong thats whats wrong with our world people need to forgive thats what humanity is supposed to be about

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think it is very sad the way some people are portraying the death of this woman with celebration.

I for one never voted for her and I totally disagreed with her politics and most of her policies.

But looking at my twitter, facebook and the other ATS thread on this (don’t get me started on that) I have noticed that some people are actively jumping for joy over her corpse before its even cold.

A woman has died, she was a wife, a mother a daughter and to many a friend and role model. Yet the internet is awash just now with disgusting and evil comments celebrating her death.

It really is very sad that people spout such vile spite because they have the mask of a computer screen.

My condolences to the Thatcher family.
well said i was not particularly keen on the woman but im sorry i could never hate anyone so much as some are its a sad world we live in

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Oh dear.

She was an Iron lady, and that's why a few crybabies are being disrespectful. Condolences.

Annette Funichello also died.

God better slow down, there will be a good woman shortage if this madness continues.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Despised Thatcher and her domestic policies, always thought I'd be the first to join the party come the time but I've got to say I'm finding it hard to celebrate anyone dying.

Sure she caused untold misery and suffering to millions but her dying won't change anything - we still have to live with the consequences of her policies now and I'd rather focus my attention on getting rid of the shower of #e that govern us now, and those who seek to govern us.

I think it's hard for non-UK members to understand the passion and ferocity of feelings Thatcher stirs up in Brits, both those who hold her in high regard and those of us who don't - there is very little middle ground.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

normally i never see eye to eye with you
but this pretty much sums it all up
when it comes to this women

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Its sad to see normally civilised people drop to the lows of actively celebrating the death of a woman who hasn't generally been involved in major British politics since 1990.

edit on 8/4/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Its sad to see normally civilised people drop to the lows of actively celebrating the death of a woman who hasn't actively been involved in major British politics since 1990.

Agreed today I am ashamed to be a member it really is very sad to see the nasty side to some members today

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Her legacy and what she did during that period still effects millions of people in England
and across the united Kingdom

you can call it a all new low but at the end of the day majority of us are not going to be upset shes gone

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Her legacy and what she did during that period still effects millions of people in England
and across the united Kingdom

you can call it a all new low but at the end of the day majority of us are not going to be upset shes gone

Yes, yes. We had a PM in the 80's that screwed my part of the country. I'm living 1900kms away now because of his economic plan. You're not going to see me celebrating his death though.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well this is the happiest I've seen people in ages, so her death has brought some good out.

There are people dancing in the streets up and down the country. Call it a new low if you will, it's people showing their thanks to the hell she created for anyone who wasn't rich. She sold us down the river. Took all of the UKs national institutions and sold them to private firms. just cos she was old and frail, it will not stop the hate for what she did to this country and the people who live here.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hang on a minute while I look out the violin.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Yes, yes. We had a PM in the 80's that screwed my part of the country. I'm living 1900kms away now because of his economic plan. You're not going to see me celebrating his death though.

I am not celebrating, maybe not upset
ok maybe a bit happy from my tweets I am glad shes gone

this women sold out this country and ruined the future of millions
I am finding it interesting how most the people who are shocked at the amount of negative comments against this women are not from England or the UK

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

I am not celebrating, maybe not upset
ok maybe a bit happy from my tweets I am glad shes gone

this women sold out this country and ruined the future of millions

As I pointed out, that has happened elsewhere as well.

I am finding it interesting how most the people who are shocked at the amount of negative comments against this women are not from England or the UK

I can't speak for others but I assumed Brits had more class than this.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is what Brixton looks like about nowish

instagram.com...
and pbs.twimg.com...:large
edit on 8/4/2013 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I can't speak for others but I assumed Brits had more class than this.

Not one class, but many classes.
This is partly coming from a class which feels bitter resentment about not being allowed to take over.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I respect her as the UKs first Lady PM,
But I did not like much of her politics.
Buddie up with Pinochet and the war against the uk miners...not nice.
However, I still respect her on some weird level for the signed photo she gave me as a kid.

I doubt blair or Dave spameron would send a signed pic to a kid.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by silo13
May she rest in easy and peace to her family and friends...

BREAKING NEWS: Former prime minister Baroness Thatcher dies peacefully at the age of 87 after suffer

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (Updated 4-15-11)
Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join