It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies

www.bbc.co.uk...

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has died at 87 following a stroke, her spokesman has said.

Lord Bell said: "It is with great sadness that Mark and Carol Thatcher announced that their mother Baroness Thatcher died peacefully following a stroke this morning."

Baroness Thatcher was Conservative prime minister from 1979 to 1990.

She was the first woman to hold the post. Her family is expected to make a further statement later.

Baroness Thatcher, born Margaret Roberts, became the Conservative MP for Finchley, north London in 1959, retiring from the Commons in 1992.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon Apr 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
the first Female prime minister of the UK and known as the iron lady has just died.
some will miss her and others will be happy due to decisions she had made

Baroness Thatcher's government privatised several state-owned industries. She was also in power when the UK went to war with Argentina over the Falkland Islands in 1982.

one reason most people wont miss her

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on Mon Apr 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
May she rest in easy and peace to her family and friends...

BREAKING NEWS: Former prime minister Baroness Thatcher dies peacefully at the age of 87 after suffer

PS Your link is broken

peace
edit on 8-4-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Congratulation you are the 4th person to post this in 30 minutes. You don't even need to search, just look at the New Topics+ Page, I'v always thought this is most members first stop anyhow

Prediction:

This will be the most posted thread today and will continue up until midnight tonight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, you're the 5th, not 4th. Don;t worry though, there will be many more

edit on 8-4-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
oh well

Reagan wont get any peace now

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Is that Margaret Thatcher?
Why all the reptilian passings of late?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have a signed photograph of Margaret Thatcher from when I was a 4 year old kid-I wrote a letter to her asking if she could try to stop seal clubbing of all things...
I still have the signed photo and letter from her secretary which they sent back to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Alot of people in the UK will be happy today.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
My mum once told her to bring back hanging... starting with her (Thatcher).

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
She was a larger than life politician but after she retreated from politics the media treated mentions of her as if she were already dead. Hopefully, closure can be drawn from the actual passing of this legendary woman.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think it is very sad the way some people are portraying the death of this woman with celebration.

I for one never voted for her and I totally disagreed with her politics and most of her policies.

But looking at my twitter, facebook and the other ATS thread on this (don’t get me started on that) I have noticed that some people are actively jumping for joy over her corpse before its even cold.

A woman has died, she was a wife, a mother a daughter and to many a friend and role model. Yet the internet is awash just now with disgusting and evil comments celebrating her death.

It really is very sad that people spout such vile spite because they have the mask of a computer screen.

My condolences to the Thatcher family.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

It stems from the perverted belief that she should have died a long time ago. May she rest in peace.

link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The woman deserved no respect in life, therefore no respect in death. She caused misery for thousands of families which was felt for generations after. I'm having to hold my tongue from what I'd really like to say about her.

link   
Im going to see the new Evil Dead

I heard Thatcher makes an appearance

(sorry bad joke)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

I once read a description of her as having the lips of Marilyn Monroe and the eyes of Caligua. That was from the BBC Book Spooks: Harry's Diary.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

i don't think anyone should rejoice the death of any person i myself was not too keen on maggie thatcher but i will pray for her any death is not to be rejoiced just goes to show the cold hearts of many people no matter what has occurred in the past people should have compassion even for those who had none as the were and are lost souls.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Alot of people in the UK will be happy today.

And a lot of people around the world would be happy...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ding dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead.............................Left work already, it's time to party.....................Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees..........

edit on 8-4-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
well at least her and jimmy savile can spend every xmas together now......in HELL, for eternity.

edit on 8-4-2013 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Ding dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead.............................Left work already, it's time to party.....................Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees..........

edit on 8-4-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

Think of all them poor flying monkeys out of a job

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join