It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Instructor: Beware Religious Extremism of Evangelicals, Roman Catholics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49
reply to post by Bioshock

Stop you say. Not until Christians stop Judging everybody. Not until you stop calling everybody Satanists, Evil and the antichrist. Remove your own darkness from your eye before you try move the shadow in mine

I am not Christian, do not talk to me as if I am. I'm simply saying that Christians are stuck on their knees worshiping extremist Jews. Not all Jews, I don't hate Jews. I hate EXTREMIST ZIONIST JEWS... it's like saying I don't hate white people, but I do hate the KKK.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

At least you know that and who they are, because that is the fundamentalism that is been sold to you, the only one you recognize, but the real danger of fundamentalism in America is well hidden and they don't need to fly airplanes into buildings to prove their point because they get to write your laws.

They have enough power to change the face of America

Know you enemies, no the ones that show themselves but those that hide to commit the most heinous deeds. . .

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sorry don't have any "enemies" unless the ATS foes list count, but chose not to add any because I don't view the world or other people as "enemies".

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am totally upset that the Southern Baptist wern't singled out. Guess we'll have to try harder!

Really?! What does everyone expect? We, as a country, are about to become a true "democracy" where the masses (mob) rules. Think of it. We will have to have an enemy. Might as well be religion. After all, we will be a better nation without the Ten Commandments. Think of all the cool things we can do without moral guidance!

Beware the FANATICS.....especially those inside the beltway.....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sadly neo that is what is been sold in America with propaganda fulled by greed, we are told who "our enemies are" so when they get killed and attacked we all wave the flag and claim liberation.

That is why when you listen to somebody telling that Christians are as extremist as Islamic fundamentalism is hard to understand from where that comes from.

But if you take two step back and realized who are the ones that have created wars in the last 10 years in which US in involved you get the point.

I guess been a born again Christian doesn't stop some from killing hundred of thousands in the name of "Liberation"

Now, do you get my point, trust me I am not trying to be mean or anything like that you know I respect and admire you point of view and value your opinions

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

My point was made I don't really care about your issue but see you point, try see the bigger picture of what Im painting

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Christian religious extremists also teaches some to kill abortion doctors, bomb and set fire to hundreds of planned parenthood clinics, threatened atheists and harm gay people...so as far as religious extremists go, yeah they would be up on my list too

Yes, I see it on the news every night.... No... wait, those were gang-bangers in the city... not christians nationwide.

So, do you rank Catholics up there with Evangelicals? Or was the Army instructor off base on that one?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by winofiend

My religion teaches me to be polite, caring, helpful, even humble, but it also teaches me that if anyone is to lay a hand on me, threaten me, stab or shoot me, even attempt kill me regardless of their affiliation, government or not to send them to the cemetary. But I guess thats called extremism though?
edit on 8-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

Christian religious extremists also teaches some to kill abortion doctors, bomb and set fire to hundreds of planned parenthood clinics, threatened atheists and harm gay people...so as far as religious extremists go, yeah they would be up on my list too

Maybe because it's MURDER?

I'm not religious but even I see murder when it's being done. Religion has nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bioshock
I'm simply saying that Christians are stuck on their knees worshiping extremist Jews.

This is a broad brush your painting with, whitewashed much?

Where do you get such nonsense ideas?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by R_Clark

I guess the US Government is now against all religions outside of Obama worship..

All religions outside of Obama worship? lol

You sound pretty ignorant, to think that a) your little list covers 'all religions', and b) that any Obama worshipping is actually going on.

Evangelicals are like a cancer growing in the body of Christianity, imo.

edit on 8-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

really?...enough of the Obama-worship, messiah, anti-Christ-Obama...Christians sound bat-crap nutty when they say these phrases to represent the way the other side thinks of Obama...he's the president, and I have never heard anybody refer to him in any other terms, EXCEPT FOR THE RIGHT!
edit on 8-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

How about Louis Farrahkan?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I didn't see women on the list.

Maybe that is to be the next directive.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

OMG! I found one.

This Franciscan started Country Rock,
slept with Janis Joplin
but then left all that behind because it was "empty" (she had to make it with a different man every night)

helped start Christian Rock,
and then became a Catholic.

No wonder the devil is pissed.

/sarcasm

A catholic helped start Christian Rock,
kill them all!

/end sarcasm
edit on 8-4-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

U.S. Army Instructor: Beware Religious Extremism of Evangelicals, Roman Catholics

www.breitbart.co m

A U.S. Army training instructor giving a training brief on "extremism" to an Army Reserve unit in Pennsylvania has labeled Evangelical Christianity and Roman Catholicism as examples of religious extremism right alongside Al Qaeda.

In addition to Al Qaeda, the instructor also equated Evangelical and Catholic "extremism" with that of Hamas, Sunni Muslims, the Nation of Islam, and the Ku Klux Klan.

When news of this leaked out, the Army was quick to say the instructor's position was not condoned by the U.S. military, and that the portions of the power-point slide show used to list Evan
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com

Hit that Christian nail right in the head now didn't he?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96See Al queda doing all those things.

Al-Qaeda...

wait.. what board was this again?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with the other poster, I am Catholic myself, and most here in my town are VERY judgmental and hypocritical

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
there are so many people who claim to be tolerant, but only if you believe as they do. it's discouraging. some of the rhetoric in here directly contradicts one of the main reasons america was founded.

a lot of people parroting the government philosophy "if they think differently, they must be a terrorist". it's quite telling when those claiming to be superior to a certain belief system launch ad hominem attacks and behave childishly.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Roman Catholics extemists? Nah, not with kneeling down to statues of what they think Jesus looks like and weeping all over statues of "Mary" or consuming blood and flesh of Christ from transubstantiation, because that stuff is forbidden via Council of Jerusalem.
edit on 8-4-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

i'm not catholic, but those are some serious straw man depictions you give. set 'em up (incorrectly) so you can have a nice clean shot, eh?

a catholic perception of statues is to be reminded of the sacrifice that christ gave. they don't worship mary, and their prayers to her are done with the logic that it's easier to ask your friend to speak with someone you don't know (but that they know) than to speak with them yourself. they also don't believe transubstantiation turns the sacraments into his physical flesh and blood in a way recognizable by humans.

i've conversed with catholics before, and the above is what i could gather.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So Billy Graham was a potential problem?

Given the direction we are headed in this country I can understand why these two groups (Evangelicals and Roman Catholics) might be singled out. Choosing Christ is so anti-NWO.

I feel very sorry for any soldiers who lay down their lives daily and get lumped together with Hamas and Al-Queda terrorists. Big slap in the face.

Remember this life is a brief speck in eternity.

Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You must be thinking of some other Council of Jerusalem?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join