It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings, fellow Earth Inhabitants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How do you do? I'm big on conspiracy theories and other scientific theories. Personally, I prefer theories that are not based on events, but rather on scientific anomalies. I seem to be drifting away from this thread's purpose so I'll give you the run-down.

I'm a 19-year old music producer by the name of 'Stock Loc'. I have been working as an electrician for 5 years, I am studying applied engineering, I am a pencil sketcher and most of all; I am a theorist. I enjoy questioning life in the universe as it can always motivate new discoveries.

Something that has bothered me since the age of 5 is the theory on time. We have no idea when it started because the word 'when' indicates we're using time to measure itself (which you can't do). I've been watching 'Back to the Future' lately and it sparked my interest on theories again.

I've been thinking for quite some time now and I've realised that there can only be two theories of time. The ones outlined in the movie are impossible because they contradict one-another.

These are my two theories:

1. Each time you go back to the past, or forward to the future; you are in a different instance of the universe. You exist in your old universe, but you don’t exist in your new one. Simply put, you can go back to your birthdate and ‘see yourself’ being born.

2. You can only go as far back as you were born. By then you’d start off as a baby again. If you go back any further, you’d end up in pre-birth; or ‘death’. Rather than witnessing your birth, you are being born again. You would have forgotten everything in the future and everything will continue as it did the first time around.

Personally, I believe the second notion is true just because we are witnessing it today. It’s impossible to exist in two places at once, and as time continues, so does your age. I don’t think I can ‘pause’ my age but still allow time to continue.

My question is this: Are we re-living a 'looped' version of our life? Perhaps we have discovered a way to go back in time in the future and we accidentally 'restart' our lives. Perhaps after we die, we restart in birth again and continue living our life the same way we did previously.

These things have lingered in my head for so long and I'd love to hear the point of view of another. I know I may sound like a 'mad man' but trust me when I say that I truly needed to vent my theories for quite some time. I know that they may not be accurate, but I love theoretical debates.

Again, I seem to have drifted away from the trail. I have joined this forum to discuss theories similar to this and I truly hope the community here is as thoughtful and non-ignorant as the site suggests. If you question everything, you will not have enough time for an answer. Personally, I enjoy speaking with people who have reasons to question something rather than someone who ALWAYS questions EVERYTHING.

Nice to meet you, and I truly hope that this forum can offer as much to me as I can offer it!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
When our universe spreads out so far that there is nothing left within reach of the next bit it will collapse back and start a new universe. In the meantime when it touches upon another adjacent universe it will create another bubble of universe. All this is happening in an infinite number of dimensions where you are Lord of The Known Universe, or a vagrant, or just 1mm taller than you are today. And in this one you are made of Stars.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StockLoc

Welcome to the Asylum. I see you will fit in quite well here.

We are proud to announce our new policy of 24/7 group therapy. You new therapist will be along shortly to assign you to your rabbit hole.

If you need a tin foil hat, on the top shelf to the left...help yourself.....

Des

edit on 7-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Welcome to the Asylum. I see you will fit in quite well here.

We are proud to announce our new policy of 24/7 group therapy. You new therapist will be along shortly to assign you to your rabbit hole.

If you need a tin foil hat, on the top shelf to the left...help yourself.....

Des

edit on 7-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Haha, glad to be here! I do enjoy being amongst my people for once.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob7774
When our universe spreads out so far that there is nothing left within reach of the next bit it will collapse back and start a new universe. In the meantime when it touches upon another adjacent universe it will create another bubble of universe. All this is happening in an infinite number of dimensions where you are Lord of The Known Universe, or a vagrant, or just 1mm taller than you are today. And in this one you are made of Stars.

Yes, I've heard about this theory. I can truly say that I feel that it's plausible. However, we have NO way of proving it exists...yet.

Regards,

Stock Loc

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

It is actually three theories all proposed by respected men in serious jobs. Are they all right is the interesting question.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You asked if we are playing a loop? Maybe, who knows really? I believe that in an infinite number of universes existing end on end and side by side I got lucky and didn’t start today in the 2013 sea monsters rule an aquatic earth universe.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Here's a welcome cake! Glad you joined us.

Enjoy your stay and dance til you drop

Peace and love
-nat

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by StockLoc
How do you do? I'm big on conspiracy theories and other scientific theories. Personally, I prefer theories that are not based on events, but rather on scientific anomalies.

I enjoy questioning life in the universe as it can always motivate new discoveries.

You and PHAGE are going to get along great.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by StockLoc
How do you do? I'm big on conspiracy theories and other scientific theories. Personally, I prefer theories that are not based on events, but rather on scientific anomalies.

I enjoy questioning life in the universe as it can always motivate new discoveries.

You and PHAGE are going to get along great.

I plan on getting along with everyone on these forums.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

Here's a welcome cake! Glad you joined us.

Enjoy your stay and dance til you drop

Peace and love
-nat

Wow! That looks delicious - for me? Thank you. Wow...I...I can't believe that you'd go out of your way to make such an awesome cake, take a picture of it, and upload it for me to view here. This is a dream come true.

I won't be dancing for long after I'm finished consuming this cake using my eyes.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

great reply back my friend! Hah! Yep sure did make that cake

I am on the welcome Committee here at ATS...hah...and I give cakes here and there..or a tin foil hat...I've got a few things...some people even get flowers!!!
I like to make the new members feel welcome

You gotta dance anyway! Or try to outmaneuver your shadow

-nat

Destinyone started the welcome committee btw

edit on 9-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

great reply back my friend! Hah! Yep sure did make that cake

I am on the welcome Committee here at ATS...hah...and I give cakes here and there..or a tin foil hat...I've got a few things...some people even get flowers!!!
I like to make the new members feel welcome

You gotta dance anyway! Or try to outmaneuver your shadow

-nat

Destinyone started the welcome committee btw

edit on 9-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

Haha, thanks for the welcome! Love these forums so far - the community here is amazing. Even the forum 'trolls' are somewhat open-minded.

Your friend,

Stock Loc

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Not so much anymore, but I used to have astounding precognitive dreams. I saw the whole scenario of President Reagan getting shot at, just like it showed on the news, later. I dreamt a burning skyscraper was falling down onto me. This was in early September of 2001. My mother saw the passenger airliner carrying near 300 souls go down at Chicago Ohare. Then it did. She dreamt all the Manson family was rolled up. Then they were.
My point is, there is something about time which our primate brains with their 100 IQs (mostly) are completely missing. Sometimes it's not missed, tho,........in dreams. I heard something along time ago, about the subatomic tachyon, look to the tachyon for clues. But I'm not read up on physics,...........

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eedjee

Not so much anymore, but I used to have astounding precognitive dreams. I saw the whole scenario of President Reagan getting shot at, just like it showed on the news, later. I dreamt a burning skyscraper was falling down onto me. This was in early September of 2001. My mother saw the passenger airliner carrying near 300 souls go down at Chicago Ohare. Then it did. She dreamt all the Manson family was rolled up. Then they were.
My point is, there is something about time which our primate brains with their 100 IQs (mostly) are completely missing. Sometimes it's not missed, tho,........in dreams. I heard something along time ago, about the subatomic tachyon, look to the tachyon for clues. But I'm not read up on physics,...........

I can truly relate. I've had similar dreams.

When I was 9 years old, I had a dream that someone would try to steal something from my bag, then they would go to a certain area and they'd put the item inside a specific bag. Fast forward 3 years, I'm 12 years old now. I had that distinct 'deja vu' feeling that everything has happened before. I look in my bag and the item was gone. I remembered my dream and I went to the specific bag and there you have it; the item was there! There's something there that nobody can explain yet and I'm surprised scientists aren't researching 'Deja Vu' experiences.

As with IQ, I find it really inefficient. You're only relating to the person who created the test's mind. The person with the highest IQ is really the person who thinks most like the creator of the test. Albert Einstein had an average IQ, but he found really creative ways of solving problems. There's truly no way of measuring one's intelligence without comparing it to someone else's mind which is what really sucks.

Anyways, I find your story interesting and I'll definitely look up the subatomic tachyon for clues.

Your friend,

Stock Loc

top topics

join