It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Photos: PETA's Secret Slaughter of Kittens, Puppies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
A quick death as early as possible sure beats a lifetime of pain & misery only to be faced with the same euthanasia later on after reproducing

A quick death as early as possible .... okay ... but if you look at the pictures, it doesn't look like those puppies and kittens didn't have quick painfree deaths. Ya' know?? I understand about bringing the unwanted pet population down by 'fixing' pets .. but the deaths of these animals didn't look like they were suffering-free.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
If everything in that article is true...they should be shut down.

To take in millions of dollars, posing as a shelter

This is EXACTLY the point here. PETA has not the intention, resources, competency or staff to even act as shelter, not even to "take care of" animals. They are an animal disposal agency. 90%++ of the animals given into their "care" are killed.

And outwards they make themselves look like a group standing for "animal rights", "pro animals" etc. making the not-so-informed layman believe that their job somehow would be "caring for" animals, which OBVIOUSLY it is not.

* Since (as has been proven!) they do not even have the resources/capacities to shelter and care for animals, they have simply no business to go around collecting strays or ferals. They get millions of dollars on donations which are used for mass euthanasia, not building shelters or trying to find owners for animals in their "care".

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Whats so shocking ..? you'all murder and eat animals every day .. hypocrites..take a walk down to your local slaughter house ffs ..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglimogli
Whats so shocking ..? you'all murder and eat animals every day .. hypocrites..take a walk down to your local slaughter house ffs ..

Really? You really don't get it???

It's shocking because PETA is supposed to be helping animals.
They are supposed to be helping to take suffering away.
But instead, it looks like they are doing the opposite.
They are a death-mill and the animals that are destroyed
don't seem to be having an easy time of it when they die.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What?! That's revolting! REVOLTING! I am a strong supporter of animal rights. This is unbelievable!

Thanks for sharing. Now I know what PETA does to baby animals...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by tropic
A quick death as early as possible sure beats a lifetime of pain & misery only to be faced with the same euthanasia later on after reproducing

A quick death as early as possible .... okay ... but if you look at the pictures, it doesn't look like those puppies and kittens didn't have quick painfree deaths. Ya' know?? I understand about bringing the unwanted pet population down by 'fixing' pets .. but the deaths of these animals didn't look like they were suffering-free.

On those sites It was clearly shown that they took masses of animals from shelters and did not even ATTEMPT to shelter them or attempt to find owners for the animals.

MOST of them killed within days. On petakillsanimals.com and other sites it's also clearly shown that MOST of the animals were healthy and "adoptable" - PETA did not even make an effort to find owners.

Same thing with ferals (so called "ferals") and same thing with the other scam agency "Humane Society of American" (notice the word: "humane" again) - which are VERY CLEAR in admitting that eg. "feral" cats are usually killed right away.

Saying all those animals are "in misery" is a blatant lie. In my small town here, the strays and "ferals" look pretty fine, cats are actually well adapted to living alongside humans. Even strays or "ferals" have a right to live (or live "better", for that matter) - THIS should be the job of an Animal Rights Groups rather then ending their lives.

Seriously...this is as absurd as walking around with a gun and shooting the homeless and saying you are doing a good thing to end their misery PLUS asking for donation to "help" the homeless. I think this comparison is very much justified.
edit on 8-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglimogli

You know what a hypocrite is?

Someone who is a vegetarian (vegan even)....and then killing 1000s of animals saying it's humane. Makes me wonder how many PETA members/staff are actually vegetarian and do exactly that. THIS is hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Never liked them...any group that will attack a human while going on about decent treatment to animals forget that we too are animals.

These guys woke me up to PETA.

Warning a odd bit of swearing here.

If you want to give money to a decent animal charity find one that do not destroy the likkle guys.

Pure money making scam.

Oh S&F chickadee

edit on 7-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Thanx for that awesome Penn and Teller video!
It was very telling!
It amazes me what a bunch of hypocrites P.E.T.A is!
With all that is wrong with the world you would think that many of their supporters could find some better causes!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The real problem is idiots who breed pet animals for profit.....All puppy & kitten farmers should be taken out and publically shot in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
PeTA is a horrible organization. It's a shame information like this doesn't get spread publically like it should. I'll go share this and the petakillsanimal link around to help it get seen.

Originally posted by squarehead666
The real problem is idiots who breed pet animals for profit.....

I agree. Puppy mills are bad, as are backyard breeders. A TRUE breeder cares about maintaining the breed and breeding only healthy animals (usually they show the animals or have working lines that actually work)

Tons of people however just breed their "purebred" for money or so that they or their children can see the miracle of life. Over my years of working I have had 2 different coworkers who ticked me off because they wanted to breed puppies for one or both of the reasons above. Those people are so stupid and they justify it to themselves by claiming that it's ok because the puppies will go to good homes.

-----*-----*-----

One coworker had a male yorkie, he was supposedly purebred, but of course had no papers. Her best friend had the male's full blooded sister from the same litter (and she was undersized and fairly sick all the time) and they decided, "oh my gosh! we should totally breed them together so we can have more money for rent and alcohol!"
*facepalm*
So breeding a sick, undersized dog to it's sibling is bad enough, but it gets worse. The dogs were already inbred by the backyard breeder the girls had gotten the dogs from. Now they are endangering the life of the female dog by trying to get her pregnant and on top of that they are breeding further sick and inbred puppies who would then be passed off to potential customers as "purebred" and undoubtedly labled as "healthy"

The other idiot coworker I had a couple years ago had two dogs a male and female of some toy breed, also supposedly purebreds and also.. you guessed it full blooded siblings. She told me that she was going to breed them together because she wanted her son and daughter to see the puppies be born, because that is clearly a better option than having them watch a video of puppies being born. She then also explained that the puppies could then be sold to good homes for a little extra money.

Sadly stupidity abounds and some people really don't care about their animals.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I don't think a lot of them are. I've met very few fellow vegheads who are involved in PeTA. Frankly, the woman who runs it is off her rocker. She was demanding people make their dogs vegan at one point. That's stupid ish right there. I only have known only one person who worked for PeTA and she told me most of her coworkers secretly would sneak meat into their diets. She was the only one who never did it.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The humane society is a real good organization. PETA is garbage

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If PETA is taking money from people to save animals than I do not think they should be killing them. That is deceit. I agree with the fact that it is not possible for an organization to save every animal but then they shouldn't take on more than they can handle in that case. I see a lot of problems in the charity organizations out there. There are organizations here that are rescuing animals that bring animals, usually young ones, into the area from all over the country. Many of them are purebred animals that are not healthy because of too close of breeding. These organizations compete with the humane society here, an organization that tries to redistribute local animals that couldn't be taken care of for one reason or another. This is good, not bringing more animals into the area. Who cares if a cat or dog is a mutt, it doesn't need papers to be a good friend. I do not agree with this policy, it may be non profit but it costs a lot to bring these animals across country. People are getting their gas paid for to go visit their parents or friends if they transport a dog or cats. Seems more like a scam potential to me. I understand that some of these transactions are legit but I see a lot of deceit going on. Take care of your own, the local animals. Don't haul animal diseases across the country and introduce sickness everywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Are there any sources verifying these claims which ARE NOT FROM THE HUFFINGTON POST OR DAILYMAIL? These are perhaps the two least credible sources in all of "journalistic" media.

EDIT: Thanks boymonkey74. That Penn & Teller video was all I needed.

For anyone looking for the proof the video goes into detail about the freezer at 26:15
edit on 9-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Do some research on the CCF (Center for Consumer Freedom)

Here's a start:

Link

PetaKillsAnimals.com was created in July of 2004 by the Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF). According to it's website, they also "stand up to the food police, environmental scaremongers, neo-prohibitionists, meddling bureaucrats, and other self-anointed saints who claim to know what's best for you". They even feature a "Daily Headlines" service which provides "valuable information" about "these activists, and analysis of their activities." They "welcome your support" and "financial contribution".[1]

CCF is an industry-funded organization and front group for the restaurant, alcohol, tobacco and other industries. It is registered as a tax-exempt, non-profit organization under the IRS code 501(c)(3). Over 40% of the group's 2005 expenditure was paid to Rick Berman's public relations company, Berman & Co. for "management services". [2]
CCF provides virtually no referencing, yet their statements are circulated by other industry groups, animal breeders and brokers, news wires and even some media outlets. CCF does not link back to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), nor any sites of groups or individuals purportedly being "exposed".

Richard Berman and CCF clients have included Phillip Morris, Monsanto, Tyson Foods, Dean Foods and Coca Cola. Tyson is also a major supplier of restaurant chains, including Kentucky Fried Chicken [3] and McDonalds. [4] Monsanto contracts product toxicity testing on animals out to Huntingdon Life Sciences. [5] All of these corporations, as well as Phillip Morris contract laboratory Covance Laboratories, have subjects of campaigns and investigations by PETA and/or other groups.

And a question...

Do you think other animal shelters have similar numbers as PETA?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I looked through the whole thread and I didnt see anyone noticing why PETA acts the way it does.

If anyone takes the time to research what petas core beliefs are and what peta comes from you'll find that it was started by a well... Woman, whos solution to pet cruelty is to kill all pets.

"The four main beliefs of PETA are that animals are not to be used for food, clothes, exploitation or testing." what they don't tell you is how they "fix" the animals they "rescue" and yes it means killing every single one.

You can find sources on the peta site. but id rather take it from this guy, who took it to another level when they took a creative shot at mario.

www.escapistmagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

If we are talking about your everyday run of the mill shelter then yes. I think the main issue though is most people don't understand that PeTA's main woman actually regards pet ownership as slavery so in truth what she does isn't hypocritical at all. She says it's better for them to be dead than to be a slave. It's an extreme position, but what she does completely lines up with it.

However, they have responded to these claims
www.peta.org...

I think people need to get past the political ax they have to grind and realize something, PeTA takes in less than 1% of all the animals who go to shelters. PeTA is not a shelter, they don't run shelters and they flat out have stated it on many occasions. Almost 90% of animals put in shelters will be killed. Why is it fair to single out PeTA when so many others do the same thing? Granted, I think they are really loony, but let's not play like they are the only ones doing it. I think you bring up a very good point-Who is the messenger and why would they be telling you this? You don't even know the context of how they received these animals to begin with.

Either way, this Berman cat is more interesting than this PeTA flub to me. While I was looking him up I found this: www.bermanexposed.org... , take it with a grain of salt as always.
edit on 9-4-2013 by antonia because: wrong name sorry

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
In my opinion it is wrong to have people bring in animals, or to collect animals, simply to kill them. Especially if your organization is geared towards helping animals. You did not help the animals you killed. Most feral animals will strive to survive. I do not know if they ever feel sorry for themselves, or want to give up and die. I would think not. Here is what I think that this organization should do...STOP taking in animals altogether. Use the donations to help wherever you can, but do not allow people to bring in animals for you to slaughter, and do not go collecting them. This should not even be legal.

They are not a government entity, and have no right to attempt to control the populations of any animals. And I totally agree that many of these people would probably kill a person over an animal. I can sort of get this, because humans have the ability to communicate to others, while animals are sort of helpless, especially if they are domesticated and not out in the wild. They will fend for themselves if they must, but they should be protected by their owners. Many of the animals picked up off the street are probably good animals, but they cannot communicate to tell their stories. I hate to see anyone mistreat an animal, and do not think animals should be put to death just for the "benefit" of humans. Especially testing on animals. This should not be legal at all. If we have to give up certain products or ways of life, so be it, as long as they would be helped in living a normal life.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure that they have many other choices instead of just puttings these animals down or just plain off killing them
sadly it's human nature to get things done fast. sadly for those subhumans they rather just put down could've been pets instead of dealing with all the paperwork.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Nathan Winograd was interviewed on our local radio station QR77 this afternoon in Alberta Canada.. He was a volunteer for PeTA and learned what they are about. They truly do not represent what pet loving people feel or expect. Yet they bring in thousands of dollars of donations.
Most of our dogs have been shelter dogs and everyone of them has absolutley deserved a second chance. PeTA does not offer second chances.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join