It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Queen should pay bedroom tax or move to a 1br council flat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Heres a petition i think all British people should sign!

Whilst everyone else is being squeezed and financially raped, these overlords get pay rises!
Just another £5m this year for the old parasite and her brood of inbred psychopaths.

The Queen, the Royal Family, and MPs with second homes should be liable to pay bedroom tax just like other benefit claimants.
The Crown Estate is not – and never has been – the personal property of the Royals. These guys live in social housing and should be liable to pay Bedroom Tax.
Yet instead, the Queen gets £5 million raise in household expenses, and MPs, well, let's not even go there... Buckingham Palace alone has 775 rooms. These include 19 State rooms, 52 Royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms.
Then there is Windsor Castle, Balmoral Castle and the rest of them.
We simply demand equal treatment for those who receive benefits, including the Queen, the Royal Family, and the MPs.

www.change.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The petition, It's a bit silly really. Who will foot the bill for the bedroom tax imposed upon the queen? Taxpayers.

It does however make a point. Bedroom tax is diabolical.
edit on 7-4-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Erm, no....she has to pay the money from her acquired wealth, the billions sitting in her bank accounts.
Its not like she is on the bread line or anything, she doesnt need the money to pay for the upkeep, we are just fleeced out of it, and have been for hundreds of years, its the norm...its immoral.

Buckingham palace would bring in a cool £570,000 a year in bedroom tax alone.

I personally think it is about time she proves her right to rule over us. No bs stories about god telling them....unless of course there is undeniable proof...of god (good luck with that one).
How comes god hasnt come back and said

"Look lady, your family havent done a great job, what with all the rape, murder, and pillaging...as well as the assassination of family members, i think its about time i found someone else, more caring, with morals and ethics to replace your viscous rule"

Or is god also a psychopath that feeds on pain and suffering??? Isnt that the Devil as described?? Maybe the devil put her family in power...but once again, its something we need to prove.
edit on 7-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Most of the queens "wealth" actually belonging to the state, you won't catch liz going down to cash converters with the crown jewels, working out how much she has is a strange business as she owns balmoral and sandrigham estates and the dutchy of lancaster which is in theory worth about 383 million so she's probably worth about £500 million tops as the crown lands/palaces etc which are worth billions and billions are owned by the state and for doing her job we pay her from the royal list which should really be split better so people can see easily where the money goes such as repairs/paying for royal banquets for visiting state guests etc

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

£500,000,000 is a lot of money, more than enough to pay her own way in life.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the point of this petition, but it's a mute point when we the people will be the ones to pay via gov granted expenses.

The monarchy is a parasitic freakshow that has placed itself on a pedalstool above the rest of the people.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The other side of the coin is in how many visitors they bring to Great Britain. Tourism is a very large industry in Britain and the Royals are responsible for a great deal of it. They also employ many people that would otherwise not have jobs and that extends all through the tourism industry.

You may end up cutting off your nose to spite your face.

P

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just had a look at the royal finances and she hasn't had a 5 million pay rise its due to the Soverign grant Act 2011

he Sovereign Grant Act 2011 (c. 15) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It is the biggest reform to the finances of the British Royal Family since the inception of the civil list in 1760.[1] The Act consolidates three previous funding sources (the civil list paid by the Exchequer, grant-in-aid for royal travel paid by the Department for Transport and grant-in-aid for the maintenance of royal palaces paid by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport) into a single payment, called "Sovereign Grant". The Sovereign Grant will be subject to accountability auditing by the National Audit Office. Funding to the Royal Household will be treated more similarly to funding for other government departments, unlike previous civil list payments. The Sovereign Grant came into force on 1 April 2012

Its just the royal expenses have been lumped together into one big pot

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It may well be that the monarchy is an unnecessary expense on the British taxpayer, but people who expect the Queen to pay tax don't really understand what she is, do they?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
The other side of the coin is in how many visitors they bring to Great Britain. Tourism is a very large industry in Britain and the Royals are responsible for a great deal of it. They also employ many people that would otherwise not have jobs and that extends all through the tourism industry.

You may end up cutting off your nose to spite your face.

P

I cant get over the whole coming to england to see a house the queen stays in every now and then....is that what you guys do???
I dont think most tourists come to see the queen, they may come to see the ancient buildings that the Royals had made by slaves, but they are ten a penny here in the UK, we have thousands of years of history, thousands of very old buldings, whats the fascination with the Queen???

When people come to london, do they only book it because of Buckingham Palace? I doubt it, there is more to the UK than the parasites we call royals.

new topics

top topics

join