It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bitcoin Skype Malware Spreading At 2,000 Clicks Per Hour

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WontBeFooled
So how exactly do they generate money from this?

Im interested.. for research purposes. *evil grin*

I don't know,maybe this way?
bitcoin-otc.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
hey

i keep getting texts from 6119

they send me a text and take £1.50

theyve taken over £45...and i havent opened a single text????????????

ridiculous scams

i get chraged due to some random textbeing sent

wrong and broken

time to chew the ear off an asian customer services rep

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Nothing and no one is hack-proof. Which is why an electronic money is idiotic.

AES256 encryption is currently crack-proof. And if they start building quantum computers to crack it? The Bitcoin protocol can be upgraded to heavier levels of encryption and be completely forward compatable. The protocol itself is hack-proof. The exchanges and online wallets have problems, but those will only improve as time goes on and adoption becomes more widespread.
edit on 7-4-2013 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

it's not like the dollar is based on anything real though. it also wont affect US probably because our currency is worth nothing converted to bitcoins.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
"Bitcoins arent worth anything,..trust in gold only."

Well, tell it to the guy years ago that ordered a pizza for 10k bitcoins. Going rate then was about right for a pizza)

Now he regrets it I am sure, do the exchange math.

Think about it for a second, this is similar to paying 100 bucks for a birkshire hathaway share years ago.

Did you miss that boat?

Is this different?

Do warez hackerz bother with worthless atempts?

Nope.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Seems similar to bartering.
I have a used cartop carrier I will exchange for 20 pounds of food.

Just an example.
edit on 7-4-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

AES256 encryption is currently crack-proof.

Really?

AEC Security

It's secure.. now? Will it be in even 6 months? Nothing has proven to be hackproof. Microsoft was certain they had implemented a solid hack-proof concept with UAC. It took no time at all for hackers to find a way around it. Now UAC is just a damned annoyance. Every time someone develops something that is "hackproof," someone comes right along and proves there is a way to break it. It is akin to trusting online gambling as "safe." There is nothing safe about it. It will be cracked, it's just a matter of time.

And they will find a new encryption to safeguard it. And they will develop a new crack to get around it, and so it continues. I would never entrust my money to a solely digital means.

It's just a game, but Diablo III developers were quite serious when they created their game with a "real life money" feature. How did that turn out? Within a few months, people found a way to dupe items online. Poof.. there goes your security. You claiming that encryption is crack-proof is laughable. If there is money to be made, someone will develop a way to make that money - and if the subject IS money, you can guarantee hackers will be working around the clock to find a way to take advantage of it. You are naive in the extreme if you feel this is safe.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by fleabit
Nothing and no one is hack-proof. Which is why an electronic money is idiotic.

AES256 encryption is currently crack-proof. And if they start building quantum computers to crack it? The Bitcoin protocol can be upgraded to heavier levels of encryption and be completely forward compatable. The protocol itself is hack-proof. The exchanges and online wallets have problems, but those will only improve as time goes on and adoption becomes more widespread.
edit on 7-4-2013 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

Hey, I'm happy for your adorable ideas, and Imma let you finish, but TLS is the best security evar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join