It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ghanaians flock to see 'miracle'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thousands of people in Ghana's capital have flocked to see an image of Jesus Christ, which has appeared on a marble stonewall inside a grotto. And has been compared to one that appeared at Lourdes, in France of the Virgin Mary.

BBC NEWS

There are two candles flickering in front of the stone.

Some visitors to the grounds of the Margaret Mary Catholic Church at Dansoman, a suburb in the western part of Accra, reach out and touch the image, believing they will be blessed, or healed where doctors have failed.

Police have had to help control the crowds
Others simply kneel and pray. Some visitors have come all the way from Kumasi, the second city, almost 300km away.

Reverend Father John Straathof, the Dutch Parish Priest, said a member of the congregation drew his attention to the image on Saturday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"Another said if you looked hard enough at anything you'll see faces in the clouds, in the grains of a wooden desk, a potato chip, or a marble-stone inside a church."

I suppose this guy is right if you do look hard enough you can see anything you want too but I�ve seen so many thing like this reported that there has to be some truth in them. Another person said that how would Jesus show his face/image here its full of bars and sleazy place's but maybe that could be a sign to people that they need to clean up the area. The things I've seen not in person range from words in tomato seeds, to a face on a bun, crisps that look like god, seeds in cucumbers, all sorts So I guess in a way Jesus or god chooses to reveal him self in the most mysterious ways.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is the image:

Am I blind?

I don't see anything but rocks?

I guess its a matter of perception. Interesting find though

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It looks like a Jack O Lantern to me can't you see the scary face?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
They said it was about the size of a human hand so look at that then the image they have its rarther small also they said it looks more like jesus from afar than close up diffrent from seeds and weeping statues though.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't see a thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can't see a thing. Is there supposed to be an actual image? I can't even see a face out of those rocks. Then again with a bit of imagination anything can resemble something else.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

not to be funny but look up and maybe if you read the story on the bbc site and looked into it for more images on google maybe they might have a better picture and try standing back a bit to see it as well that might help.

I had to stand well over 10ft to see that it has hair eyes nose mouth out line of the face and shoulders.

[edit on 2/11/2004 by SE7EN]

[edit on 2/11/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Looks more like Van Gogh to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It actualy looks like the Queen about to kiss a maid, im serious.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If Bush wins the election, look for an image of the devil on the side of the White house tomorrow

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I've heard it many times that the human mind will see or create faces out of random patterns. If someone really wanted to see faces, they could probably just watch clouds and see faces all day and claim the sky is miraculous. The mind does work in mysterious ways, ever wonder why your mind perceives the moon to be much bigger when it is near the horizon than when it is high up in the sky? It's an optical illusion and apparently our minds playing tricks on us. Everyone knows the moon is not getting alot bigger and then smaller in actual size as it appears to travel the sky. At least I hope people know this.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This reminds me of the story a few years ago from Mexico where the cooking marks on the tortilla made up the face of jesus. All I can say is anyone who believes it's something other than a coincidence is FOS.

When I look at the cascade range I always see people lying on their backs looking up (you can tell the females, because they have big hooters). I look in the clouds & I see buttered popcorn (do you think orville is altering the weather?).

[edit on 3-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Why do people do this? They are in a situation to find hope so look for signs of hope anywhere. On the back of tortillas, on a mountain, in a grotto. If people are trying to find a sign of...whatever, they will find it in anything. Blegh.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Religious followers trying to find proof of Jesus Christ, tut tut.

Do they still not realise there is no such thing as God, Jesus Christ and the like.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Perhaps this is really a sign from the creator god or another diety. If you use your imagination it does somewhat appear to look like Jesus, or atleast what is commonly interpreted to look like the man they called Jesus.

Maybe this is a party game god plays with the angels. I think it's called "where in the world will the faithful see my image... or how many droves will worship a corn chip "

If one were to suspend logic, it would make sense for a god to appear in a form not readily identifiable, I mean can you image the security detail needed if god came down from on high and walked into a convience store to purchase a pack of smokes. There's a lot of vitriol towards the Messiah.

As long as the image can be debated on appearance it doesn't seem plausible it would be a sign from an intelligent person , much less an all-knowing all-powerful god. Why not send a stautue to madam tussad and call it a day.

What shocks me is the gullibility, these are the same type of people who fund televangelist via dial-a-prayer. They also believe they have the only true god, and the earth is only 10,000 years old.

People should look within themselves for answers and not to the Rorschach of the gods.

sorry for the rant,
amen

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Looks more like the undercover brother! or shaft!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I did wonder what happened to the ink when my fountain pen broke on holiday, now I know. Unfortunately I was that distracted by my wee accident I left my shopping inside the church....nothing much just loaves of bread and a couple of fish ;-)

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Good one makr. As for this object....I choose to believe we are really reacting to our 3D observance in hopes of a 4D 'revelation' . 4D referring to dramas and stuff that exist in other dimensions. That place in Ghana might actually be on top or part of some ancient power place! (anyone know what it might be? And maybe we're hearing of this as some type of distraction for something else.

Just like with the elections, we need to feel what is going on; it's not enough to see from a distance. Kill your TV!

Barbara Hand Clowspeaks/writes about much on this subject; one of my favorite authors. Also a good monthly take on what happens 'out there'.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cblue ,,, That place in Ghana might actually be on top or part of some ancient power place! (anyone know what it might be? And maybe we're hearing of this as some type of distraction for something else.

Barbara Hand Clowspeaks/writes about much on this subject; one of my favorite authors. Also a good monthly take on what happens 'out there'.

indeed cblue...search the 'LEY LINES'...lotsa 'religious' constructions
are located at these 'sites',,,??TPTB !

i copied the link into a 'favorites folder' thanks....
when i find time, to rectify & assimilate the (solar) with the (greater cosmos)

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Text Black
Since there are no existing paintings, photos or other representations of the historical figure Jesus of Nazareth, how do we know this is His image? I can kind of see a face, but what makes this the face of God instead of just an interesting natural phenomenon? Sorry. I'm a practicing Christian, and I'm open to the idea of miracles, but I just don't see it.

new topics

top topics

join