It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Claims Newtown Shooter Used FULL AUTO Rifle!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
According to an article in "the Weekly Standard" Obama made the comment in a speech at a fundraiser in San Francisco.

www.weeklystandard.com...

How they (politicians) will twist things to get what they want!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Question: How do you know when a politician is lying?
Answer: If his lips are moving!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

How they (politicians) will twist things to get what they want!

Hes not twisting anything.. He flat out lies.
Whats worse is, there are some that actually believe his lies.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I also likewhen he claims that...

40% of gun sales lack background checks

90% of the population support new gun laws (Funny...I dont remember being asked my opinion was.Where was my Vote?)

and

The Majority of NRA Members support Universal Background Checks (Again, where was my vote?)
edit on 4-4-2013 by ruderalis1 because: Spellinggggg

edit on 4-4-2013 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How many children would Lanza have been able to kill with a FULLY AUTOMATIC rifle, then?

Explain the significant differences so me or a dumbass like Obama can understand them.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Oh lord, please dont get me started......
If only people would wake up......The world is spinning down the loo...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Maybe there was more than one shooter (black ops guys carry full/select fire M4s).
Just saying.....afterall it is a "conspiracy site".

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well this is actually good news. It's very costly and a bit difficult to obtain a fully automatic weapon legally, and the only people who usually have them are collectors. So they can concentrate their efforts on ensuring the fully auto weapons are being dealt with as they see fit and they can quit whining about other guns that are only semi-automatic. We the People can go about our normal lives without worrying about some jackass trying to make a rifle illegal.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here's the full quote.

I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.

Remarks by the President at a DCCC Event -- San Francisco, CA

He was talking out Denver!!!!

Must be a slow news day for the Conservative Entertainment Complex.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
How many children would Lanza have been able to kill with a FULLY AUTOMATIC rifle, then?

Explain the significant differences so me or a dumbass like Obama can understand them.

Full Auto- Pull and hold trigger-Gun contines to fire until magazine is empty.
Semi Auto- Pull trigger-One shot fires-To fire another shot you must release the trigger and pull again.

Semi Auto is more accurate. In Full Auto, recoil causes loss of accuracy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
Here's the full quote.

I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.

Remarks by the President at a DCCC Event -- San Francisco, CA

Must be a slow news day for the Conservative Entertainment Complex.

20 children is a reference to Newtown.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

And the Select Fire trigger groups can be selected as to Full Auto (30); Bursts (2 or 3) and Semi-Auto (1).

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

So what case is he talking about?

No full-autos were used in any recent mass shootings.

So is he lying about the weapons used or trying to infer that if we don't have further legislation children will be killed with full-auto (in effect fear mongering)?

It sure seems he corrected himself when saying "20 children gunned down by semi-auto (pause) by full-auto in that case, sadly". In what case?

I see lies as I don't think he is inferring that all current gun laws will be repealed, if they don't pass new ones.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Regardless, it represents yet another example of Obamafail. Neither Columbine nor Aurora involved "fully automatic weapons."

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Oh lord, please dont get me started......
If only people would wake up......The world is spinning down the loo...

Wait you said loo do you mean a toilet? Wait...are you British?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The whole charade is for the noobs that actually believe what they are told, and parrot it up like vomit when involved in any future conversation.
The facts are far from these people they live on soap opera emotions created by the media....
I doubt if they ever experience their own.....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

bjs.gov...
yeah the last time i can remember a full auto being used for a crime was the la bank robbery back in the 90's and im pretty sure they were either stolen or acquired illegally
en.wikipedia.org...

Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried illegally modified fully automatic AKMs and an HK-91 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and ammunition capable of penetrating vehicles and police Kevlar vests. The bank robbers wore full suits of body armor which successfully deflected bullets and shells fired by the responding patrolmen

answers.yahoo.com... yahoo answeres so take that for what tis worth but it seems that the people that kill people with full auto are cops and in the cases cited shooting their wives

www.guncite.com...

Since 1934, there appear to have been at least two homicides committed with legally owned automatic weapons. One was a murder committed by a law enforcement officer (as opposed to a civilian). On September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison. The 1986 'ban' on sales of new machine guns does not apply to purchases by law enforcement or government agencies.

so obama has no idea what hes talking about if hes saying any recent shooting was with a fully automatic weapon

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Obama lies we all know this so where does a 20 year old kid get an AR-15 or "full auto" weapon?

From

A person must be twenty-one years of age to possess a handgun.

www.nraila.org...

On December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza, 20,

en.wikipedia.org...

" Full Auto"
"background checks" a 20 year does not get a back ground check because they are 20 years old they are not legal to own a gun.

So keep telling those lies.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The point of propaganda here is to condition the reader : Automatic firearm = dangerous/bad/shouldn't be legal

That's really all this repeated message of semi/full automatic talk is meaning to subliminally instill into the general public.

Without the means 'currently' to full on ban ALL firearms, the goal is to demonize a select proportion of all firearms, semi and fully automatic classed firearms.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
uumm actually you can purchase an AR-15 or any other rifle at 18 in most states

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join